Thread: Need help

Default Need help

First time poster here, i really need some help about the
    game.

I started out a new game, (i just bought it last week) and when i tried looking at the local map it is all black. Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help that comes...

I forgot to name the game... it is morrowind...

The map onlly shows land that you have explored. The black part of the map is unexplored areas.

When i first played it the map clearly shows where you can find doors afer exploring a certain location. I have been walking and already reached Balmora but the local map doesnt show Balmora.

To be clear i already killed the trader in Balmora, done three quest for the fighters guild, so the local map should show the location for the trader, fighter guild, the house where you killed the cave rats etc. etc.

Geeeshh... i hope there's nothing wrong with my Xbox.... i just bought it recently...

Originally posted by jun2cruz
    When i first played it the map clearly shows where you can find doors afer exploring a certain location. I have been walking and already reached Balmora but the local map doesnt show Balmora.

To be clear i already killed the trader in Balmora, done three quest for the fighters guild, so the local map should show the location for the trader, fighter guild, the house where you killed the cave rats etc. etc.

Geeeshh... i hope there's nothing wrong with my Xbox.... i just bought it recently...
    That has happened to me, except when i scouted an area, it would just stay black, i have never had the problem of a store or building show up. Its definitely not the XBOX, Morrowind has got to be the most glitch filled game i have ever played. It kinda makes me wonder what kind of idiots dont play their game before releasing it, it sure doesnt seem like they did a whole lot to prevent the freezing, and all the glithces in this game.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

its just a glitch in morrowind, its supposed to make your whole map black, I never experienced it and dont know how to make it go away, try asking for help at the official morrowind forums

Great, i only bought 4 games so far and 2 of them sucks. Even if there is a bug on the game i still enjoy playing it (albeit much more difficult because there is no local map).

Any advice on correcting this bug??? Should i delete everything on my system and start a new game???

Great, i only bought 4 games so far and 2 of them sucks. Even if there is a bug on the game i still enjoy playing it (albeit much more difficult because there is no local map).

Any advice on correcting this bug??? Should i delete everything on my system and start a new game???
    Well go into another town and see if it works there, if not, take the game back and get a different version, or visit the site for the game.

P.S. Which of the games you have suck?
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

There's no way to fix it. Bethesda gave a couple of ways to fix it but it's all bull*****. I posted alot at the RPG foums at TXB and people have tried their ways and it doesn't work. Another problem with the map is when you access it in or near Ebonheart and other select places - dirty disk 99.9% of the time for most people.

They are coming out with an add on disk that will have more weapons and quests and *****. Somebody over at TXB got the email saying that from Bethesda.
    Last edited by Al Julez; 08-23-2002 at 11:40 PM.
    DJ Julez "Turntable Technician"

dont laugh... i bought nba live 2002 and ufc tapout.
    UFC tapout is great but there is no replay value, so i wasted my money right there, should have just borrowed or rented one.

Thread Information