Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to save big bucks on xbox live!!!

Default How to save big bucks on xbox live!!!

I know that microsoft hasn't officially announced how much xbox live will cost after your first year runs out but a lot of sources have said they expect it to be around $10 a month. When you think about it, thats a huge rip off. For $50 we get 1 year of live plus many extras and then next year we will pay $120 just for LIVE!!! So why not just buy 2, yes 2, xbox live kits when they come out in stores for $50. Then you simply just use 1 of the kits for your first year and then when the second year comes just use the second kit. That way your second year will only cost you $50 instead of $120. I bet you could even sell your extra headset to some moron on ebay who sat on their's and wants a new one. Sure, you would lose you original account and stats, but unless you are like #1 in the world isn't saving $70+ worth it. Think about it and give me your opinion.

Default Re: How to save big bucks on xbox live!!!

Originally posted by split511
    I know that microsoft hasn't officially announced how much xbox live will cost after your first year runs out but a lot of sources have said they expect it to be around $10 a month. When you think about it, thats a huge rip off. For $50 we get 1 year of live plus many extras and then next year we will pay $120 just for LIVE!!! So why not just buy 2, yes 2, xbox live kits when they come out in stores for $50. Then you simply just use 1 of the kits for your first year and then when the second year comes just use the second kit. That way your second year will only cost you $50 instead of $120. I bet you could even sell your extra headset to some moron on ebay who sat on their's and wants a new one. Sure, you would lose you original account and stats, but unless you are like #1 in the world isn't saving $70+ worth it. Think about it and give me your opinion.
    its a good idea but i wouldnt do it, whats teh point? yea u save money but, u have to start from scratch. and after playing for a whole year with the various characters and teams i think it would suck.

Well, the kit doesn't provide you the membership, It only gives you the equipment and software to access XBL. It might work w/ 2 diff. CC's, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a time limit in which you have to register by to take advantage of the reduced price.

Basically, what I'm saying as that kits are basically hardware w/ a little bit of software. They're not active till you sign up.
    RIP Dave

the kits are actually the memebership its not like you pay anything else for the membership after you buy the kit unless you want extras

does anyone else think that this would work?

I think it might work, but like already said it would stink after building up records and stuff after such a long time, and also like what was already said the Starter Kit is probably for a limited time.
    Uncle Bill wants You to buy a Xbox.

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

i think we should wait and see, i think that when the year is almost up, MS will offer us a special renewal price or something if you got it at launch.

Microsoft already said this would not work, end of discussion

Originally posted by goonette69
    Microsoft already said this would not work, end of discussion
    off the topic, but I wanted to welcome goonette69 to XBA.

WELCOME!

I'm sure it won't work.

besides, in a year, they have how many games slated to be on XBL...50? By then, $10/month will be a bargain.

Originally posted by Gortholomew
    i think we should wait and see, i think that when the year is almost up, MS will offer us a special renewal price or something if you got it at launch.
    Exactly. Besides MS has said that they will have continual deals as the years go on so I doubt we will ever have to flat out and pay $10/month for LIVE or try and scam the system.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

if XBL is as good as it's hype, and has 50 games (wasn't that the number they said by the end of the 1st year running?), $10/month will be a bargain!

Comeon Ppl!!!!!

Dont you get it....

Dont jip Microsoft they need all the money they can get to get more games for us and better support

I think

Sorry that will not work and I have proof. Inside the Xbox Live pamplet that you get with the kit it says that you ***must activate it before June 30, 2003.***

Let's say you bought two kits and waited for June 30,2003 to activate the second one. Will you save money or lose money?

The answer:
    Assuming you activate a starter kit on November 15,2002. If you activate another account on June 30, 2003 you will be paying $100 by June 30, 2004. If you don't buy another kit and just renew at $10 a month on November 15, 2003 you will be paying $135 by June 30, 2004.

So *Yes* you do save money, about $35 dollars.
    My Xbox collection:
    Xbox
    2 Xbox Controllers
    S-video
    Halo
    NFL 2k2
    Rallisport
    Tony Hawk 2x
    Oddsworld
    DVD remote

Your account is based off a unique identifier in your XBOX not the live kit itself. This would do nothing unless you had a second xbox.
    "Have you ever played Zelda, and you're like, 'Man, that game would be cool if the guy I just talked to hadn't said all that crap about fairies and light?' What if they said something that was good? I mean, it's not like a whole new genre to make games that have depth and a story."

-- Tim Schafer --
    Hidden Content

In a year the hardware might have been upgraded too, so you might be playing your second year on outdated kit, maybe a disadvantage ???

Registered User Markus_Kalarkus's Avatar

Originally posted by ZacT10
    Comeon Ppl!!!!!

Dont you get it....

Dont jip Microsoft they need all the money they can get to get more games for us and better support

I think
    Microsoft is a multi-million dollar company
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Online ID [-ShAdOwZ-]RaptoR{L}

well if they track ur ip(which is most likely static but may be changed sometime during the year....mine has been changed before) then they would know but when u buy the kit it has a serial number or whatever....I suppose this could work if u deleted all xbox live files....that would probably do it

I'm not gonna really do this...I just thought it was a good idea

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by Markus_Kalarkus

Microsoft is a multi-million dollar company
    You mean Multi-BILLION

Thread Information