Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: turok = n64 graphics

Thumbs down turok = n64 graphics

don t buy it it suck's and i just got back from the post office and returned it game is lame

Yes, thank you Mr. Newbie guy. We all see you, no need to troll to draw attention to yourself

WHat are you talking about, the Graphx looked sweet on all the reviews thus far.

I smell crap, and it's coming from this post.

Default yeh newbie here

not at teamxbox.com it s down the site

go ahead and buy it i loved the first turok

this game is lame graphics no detail very bland and bad AI

i already sent it back to eb

it s my opinion you l see how many people say it's sucks

just watch

Default if you think agent under fire had

good graphics well this game is = to worst

im sorry i was expecting something close to halo in graphics even enclave this doesn 't even come close to either one

let's see the reviews from gamespot and ign

i bet they are low when they come

i was bored after 30 mins with this game

my understanding is that the first two levels of the game are a bit sparse in terms of monsters because they are more the tutorial levels of the game, however the graphics look great and the native creatures look fantastic. If the game really sucks I'll let you know. I'm picking it up today and will be playing it tonight after I get home...
    -Radar

Default yep look at the detail

and how bad the enemies sit there and do nothing after you hit them once let me know im interested in all your opinions thank god i sent it back and bought it from eb

------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------

Sleeping brain child

wow you are so funny

Default here ya go see the game is a disapointment

Originally posted by dcsatt
    Ehhh. Not too impressed with the game. The control scheme is similar to Halo, which was a plus, but Halo this is NOT! The control options are limited (there's no "look sensitivity"), and so far, the enemy AI is incredibly UN-intelligent. A raptor was stuck running in place with his head in a wall, and the alligators look like cartoonish synchronized swimmers.
    The early levels seem to be very-very forgiving. There are numerous health packs -- far too many, and the enemy attack does very little damage. Perhaps the first few levels are "training?"
    I'm currently at the first flying level and turned it off after my third fly-into-a-wall/ground/column-lack-of-control-death.
    Obviously I was excited about the next BIG FPS for Xbox -- but so far, *SO FAR*, I'm disappointed.
    I'll give it some time -- perhaps the later levels will be more exciting.
    Oh -- and the graphics DO NOT look like next gen to me.
    Here's hoping that it gets better.

Default Re: here ya go see the game is a disapointment

Originally posted by kevgt2000
    Ehhh. Not too impressed with the game. The control scheme is similar to Halo, which was a plus, but Halo this is NOT! The control options are limited (there's no "look sensitivity"), and so far, the enemy AI is incredibly UN-intelligent. A raptor was stuck running in place with his head in a wall, and the alligators look like cartoonish synchronized swimmers.
    The early levels seem to be very-very forgiving. There are numerous health packs -- far too many, and the enemy attack does very little damage. Perhaps the first few levels are "training?"
    I'm currently at the first flying level and turned it off after my third fly-into-a-wall/ground/column-lack-of-control-death.
    Obviously I was excited about the next BIG FPS for Xbox -- but so far, *SO FAR*, I'm disappointed.
    Wow, 1 bad review plus your half-assed review, this game must suck

Default go buy it and waste your money

and then tell me how good it is

i ll be the one laughing when it gets a 6 or 7 if that

god i try to tell people the game is bad and is over hype not to buy and i get flammed

Default Re: here ya go see the game is a disapointment

Originally posted by kevgt2000
    I have the game now. There is look sensitivity. I don't know what that person is talking about. You can control horizontal and vertical sensitivity separately. You can invert look, customize every button and function in fact.

I'm not putting stock into this review. Sorry.
    -Radar

Default another review from a diff forum site xbox365

Well, I just got home with my copy of Turok and I hate to admit, but Im really not all that impressed with the game.
    It's a rental at best unless you are a die hard Turok fan.
    Now these are just early impressions of the game so bear with me.

Graphics: The graphics are nice. Nothing really special about them. It really reminds me of playing the original version of Turok on the Nintendo graphically speaking. The environments so far are really nice looking but not as open and broad as you would imagine from the commercials. Each environment is pretty linear. You can only go so far. Rating-6.5

Sound: The sound is a plus in Turok. You can hear the environments around you and everything going on. The music fits nicely with the game. Rating-8

Control: The control is pretty weak. It's almost like you are dragging or something. The control is per usual, move with the left analog and aim with the right. Trying to kill all the creatures that attack is really lame. You can actually aim at each one if there is a group attacking you. There is an auto-aim feature, which I have turned on, but it really doesn't seem to do anything. I have yet to been able to auto-aim at a creature yet. I may be doing something wrong, but I checked and double checked and still nothing. Rating-5

Gameplay: The game is typical Turok. There is a very nice multiplayer feature in which you can fight each other, first to take flag, first kill, etc. etc. Other than the multiplayer to play with friends, there is really nothing special about this game. Rating-6

Overall-6.5

Again, these are early impressions and are subject to change, but I would strongly recommend a rental of Turok before you shell out the dough on this game. It seems Acclaim really pushed the game with media, commercials, and what not before anyone could give a review on it so as not to diminish sells.

Default Who are you ????

who??

Sounds like the turok fanboys are out on a warpath. I guess a man is no longer is allowed to have a opinion anymore. I have never played the Turok series so I have no bias towards this game, but from the looks of the graphics alone it looks pretty weak! Granted I will give it a try before posting a review but it sure looks like a below par Xbox game! So all of you bashers, that have to defend there investment and can not give a honest non bias review need to shut the fuk up! I can't wait for those fanboy reviews of "Turok not only the best game in the world. I can also use the maual to catch my flying spludge. I give it a 11/10!".

Default Oh by the way

Are we getting scored on this site to see who write's the best.

Yeh i am very lazy when it come's to typing

If i knew i was being scored, i would of tried my very best DAD

DO I CARE WHAT YOU THINK NO!!!

ALL I SAID WAS THE GAME IS LAME, BIG DISPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!

have a nice day

Default last reply to MerimacHamwich

only

Just look at Acclaim's track record. THEY SUCK ASS!!! Because someone in the forum is trying to save us money by saying the game isn't good doesn't mean he should be called names. He has the game. We don't! I hate Acc-lame. They can shove Turok up their ass! Should we hype up Quarterback Club as well??? Everyone that is complaining has this lame ass , sorry excuse of a game on reserve. I'll MAYBE rent it first, but I know (as I'm sure all of you know) that Unreal and other FPS's are coming out, and Acclaim isn't going to invest alot of money in Turok. That's like them investing alot of money in QBC with Madden, 2K3 and Fever on the market. Useless
    Hidden Content
    Turok: Evolution kicks serious ass!!!
    Hidden Content
    So does Enclave!!!!!
    Hidden Content

i have my doubts about this game to begin with.

the first Turok was awesome, but the game stunk ever since, and I'm not too convinced acclaim has the ability to do top notch games.

Thread Information