Thread: Dolby Digital 5.1 Help

Question Dolby Digital 5.1 Help

I have my XBOX plugged into a PC monitor using an adapter that also has an optical socket for the sound.

The problem is that I can't see the XBOX menu screens on the monitor because they aren't compatible with PC monitors.

Does anyone know where I could find pics on the net of the sound menu screen so I could use this to make sure my XBOX is using Dolby Digital sound and not just Pro Logic?

Can anyone post any pics that might help?

Why would you want to have your Xbox plugged into a PC monitor?

not only is it the place I have to put it, it's the sharpest god damn image on the planet!!!

Originally posted by K-j
    not only is it the place I have to put it, it's the sharpest god damn image on the planet!!!
    ...other than High Def of course. Give me a 100" HD over a 17" computer monitor any day!

Easiest thing to do would be to set up the xbox on a regular tv, make sure the settings are right then move it back to the monitor.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Would it definately remember the Dolby Digital setting and not revert back to anything else?

100" TV?! Zion m8, could have come up with a more realistic answer, but I get what you mean. I do have a 56" HD TV, but it still isn't as sharp an image as the PC monitor.

What do you mean 'more realistic'? You don't think they make a 100" screen?

Heck, the A/V shop by me has a SharpVision HD projector that can go up to 200 inches!! Talk about sweet!

I happen to have one of those projectors. My screen that I play on is 110" 16x9. Hugh_Jass has the same projector and he has his opened up to the full 4x3 and 120".

But back to K-j, I should keep the setting. I switch mine back and forth between the projector and my regular screen. When I use the projector it is DD, but when I go to the tv it is just stereo. I never have to go back into the dashboard to switch.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Thanks Lynx, at last a sensible answer!

I mean realstic as in; the reason why I thought about putting the XBOX through the PC monitor in the first place was because I aint got alot of room to put it anywhere else.

Plus, it's the sharpest image. No way HD TV or projectors are as sharp as a descent (and expensive) PC monitor :P

Thread Information