Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: has anyone found I.M. Leet the Argonian?

I am trying to believe... Infraredragon's Avatar

M'Aiq the Liar is also in Oblivion, read below.

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    M'Aiq delighted many fans when he appeared in the fourth Elder Scrolls game, Oblivion. In it, he seems to wander the map arbitrarily, while in fact his artificial intelligence package is set to search for as many calipers as possible. Sometimes, you will leave a town and he'll be standing outside the entrance, as if waiting for you. When you talk to him, you can only ask him about rumors. He gives a different rumor each time you encounter him, but only one rumor for every time. In this game, he seems to give only opinions--opinions that informs the player about changes in the game. In one encounter, he tells the player that he likes having his compass. This informs the player that he or she has a compass that tells you where you need to go. Two other encounters has him saying that he thinks thrown weapons and levitation are dumb. This is a reference to the fact that there are no thrown weapons or levitation spells in this game (like there were in Morrowind). Similarly, M'Aiq pretends to not know what a crossbow is, alluding to the fact that there are no crossbows in Oblivion like there were in Morrowind. He also informs the player that you no longer swing staves like you would in Morrowind. Instead, staves shoot magic, much like your spells do. One of the oddest comments he makes in this game is that he thinks Khajiits and Argonians are beautiful. Some people speculate that the developers are trying to defend their decision to alter the way Khajiits and Argonians look (more human-like). He also says, "People always enjoy a good fable. M'Aiq has yet to find one though. Perhaps some day." This might be a reference to how the video game Fable wasn't as good as everyone expected (it's also the game that is supposed to replace Morrowind as the "greatest RPG ever"). After every encounter, M'Aiq runs away from the player along the road much faster than the player can run. If you do follow him, either by horse or by cheating, he'll only lead you to the border of another province and disappear. Killing him only knocks him unconscious.

For info on other Morrowind/Oblivion characters click here.
    Hidden Content
    Infraredragon

Major bumps..
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

I see theres a passage about me..... *Reads Page* WHAT!!!!!! INFAMOUS??? DISLIKED??? WHINEY VOICE????
    I will have to alert me cousin gaenor...
    Wood Elfs Unite!

Quote:Being the first character that the player meets after being released from prison, Fargoth is a very memorable character. It can be noted that so many people have come to detest Fargoth because of his whiny voice that several plugins for the game have been created in which he dies a gruesome death and some Morrowind message boards make fun of Fargoth.

It has also been suggested that a reason for why Fargoth is not very liked, aside from his voice, is the way in which he introduces himself to the player. One of his many possible greetings, which appear at random, regardless of the player character's gender, is: "I have a feeling you and I are about to become very close." Perhaps not something everybody enjoys hearing. He is also known to, in a similar fashion, state "You must be a thief, because you've stolen my heart!", an equally awkward remark.

In fact, some Morrowind fans kill the character as quickly as possible to get him out of the way. However, for other players Fargoth is one of the few unique NPCs in a world dominated by cookie-cut characters; certainly a reason for him being infamous on the official forums.

I am trying to believe... Infraredragon's Avatar

If it makes you feel better I didn't kill Fargoth, and I even gave him his ring.
    I stole it back from him latter on but still...

PS : I liked the W.E.U. (Wood Elves United) idea, twas funny.
    Last edited by Infraredragon; 06-25-2006 at 03:30 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Infraredragon

Fargoths disposition has gone from 94 to 200

I think he is called "the Liar" for a reason.

I laughed so hard when I saw him chuillen on a chair on that island in Morrowind...scared me when he sprinted by in Oblivion though.

Quote Originally Posted by mattgame
    Well, if anyone sees him, he owes me money damnit!
    Yeah, me too.... that bastard sold me some bunk skooma.......
    "If you want an audience, start a fight."
    "Unplowed fields make hollow bellies; unread books make hollow minds."
    "To talk much and arrive nowhere is the same as climbing a tree to catch a fish."
    "Who is not satisfied with himself will grow; who is not sure of his own correctness will learn many things."
    "We live now upon an island amid many perils, and our hands are now more often upon the bowstring than upon the harp" - Haldir of Lorien

Hidden Content

I saw him in d'gormenhangst near the shrill of vines in the vaccal world. He gave me some magic dorfnisshle and told me to leave, never speaking of the encounter again.

I used to post here a lot.

lol

Thread Information