Thread: Half Life 2 for XBOX!!!!!!!

Default Half Life 2 for XBOX!!!!!!!

http://www.gamers.com/news/1225587

Half Life 2 for Xbox?

By: Christian Nutt August 27, 2002 3:38 PM PDT
    Today, EB Games updated its upcoming release list to include Half Life 2 for Xbox.
    This is the first news of the game appearing on consoles, and no further details (beyond a projected January 6, 2003 release date) are available.

For those of you who have been living under a rock for the last few years Half-Life is considered by most people in the gaming industry, to be the best video game ever made. I can't wait for the sequel. Woo Hoo!

i wonder if it well include tf2?

Nonny

This is fake, Someone asked Valve Software (the developers) and they said the listing was false....But when do developers ever confirm rumors? (that means theres still hope)

Wonder why they would post it in here also.....

I hope they do

Originally posted by Nonny
    This is fake, Someone asked Valve Software (the developers) and they said the listing was false....But when do developers ever confirm rumors? (that means theres still hope)
    If I were one of the developers, I wouldn't say we were working on it.
    jamesx_2k of TXB
    Hidden Content

I personally believe that Half-Life has had it's glory. I'm not saying it wasn't good, but future games will walk all over it.

Screaming for Vengeance NomadLLama's Avatar

Originally posted by huskerman44
    I personally believe that Half-Life has had it's glory. I'm not saying it wasn't good, but future games will walk all over it.
    oh?? i think that people are still crazy about that game. look at gamespy and see that there are more people playing Half-Life there than any other game combined. (even all games combined do not match the half-life number!)

sequels are sometimes better than originals (AOE compared against AOE2: AOK?)... i really hope that the sequels to some of the best games that were ever made will be good.

Half-life 2 - not sure

DOOM III- don't think it will be as good as the very first DOOM because they will be focusing mainly on fear and not gameplay, unlike the original

Halo 2- not really sure. but i do hope that Bungie will deliver...

i would include more, but i do not wanna bore anyone with my opinions.
    ha..

lolo YOU GUYS TRUST THE SAME SITE THAT HAD mgsx AND gta3 SET TO HIT THE XBOX IN MARCH. LOL GET REAL, UNTILL I SEE LIVE VIDEO I DONT TRUST EM!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. Time is the best teacher; unfortunately it kills all its students. My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right. Nothing is fool proof. Fools are too inventive
    Hidden Content

bust a nut

5 bucks says it'll come out for xbox only casue it will be able to give them a chance to take their game to the next levle. only xbox can do it.

Nonny

Originally posted by irule23
    5 bucks says it'll come out for xbox only casue it will be able to give them a chance to take their game to the next levle. only xbox can do it.
    Not true. PC can do just as good/outperform xbox. And Half-Life is a pc game.

This is fake. While I believe that it will show up on the xbox (valve has said numerous times about how aggresively MS has approached them), but this is gonna be a PC game first. Second problem is that the publisher is listed as Interplay, and that is utter bull because Sierra owns the rights, and seeing as how its their biggest franchise would never ever sell it off.
    "Have you ever played Zelda, and you're like, 'Man, that game would be cool if the guy I just talked to hadn't said all that crap about fairies and light?' What if they said something that was good? I mean, it's not like a whole new genre to make games that have depth and a story."

-- Tim Schafer --
    Hidden Content

Nonny

Yea. Ebgames has done this many times before. im surprised they put interplay though everyone who ever played half-life/counter-strike knows its Sierra + Valve.

But Counter-Strike is coming to Xbox and it is a Xbox Live game.

Hidden Content

My plots never fail.

I've now fully paid for Duke Nukem Forver, Team Fortress 2, and Half Life 2...I'm camping out in line tomorrow. Who's with me?
    Life is like a box of chocolates, except death is not done by digestive bile...well...most of the time.

Hidden Content

A couple months back EB accidently had Suikoden 3 for the Xbox. It's an RPG from Konami that is exclusive to PS2.
    Morrowind, Strident, Duality, Project Ego, Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue II, Dominion, GTA3, MGS2, Bloodrayne, Sega GT, Hunter, Enclave, Kakuto Chojin, Moto GP, Star Wars:Kotor, Doom III, Unreal Championship, The Matrix, Unseen, Call of Cthulhu, Bruce Lee, Buffy, Deathrow, Yager, Superman, Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor, Xavier Fox, BC, Dimitri, Turok, Ultimate Blade of Darkness, Midtown Madness 3, Mafia, DiabloX, Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage, MK: DA, Rocky, Mike Tyson Boxing, Prisoner of War, Dead to Rights, Pro Race Driver, Ghost Recon, Xmen Next Dimension, Quantum Redshift, Brute Force, Transworld Snowboarding, and Soul Caliber 2!!!

Originally posted by irule23
    lol high end gaming pc's make the xbox look like a friggin' atari!
    i still love my xbox though, even thoug almost all the games on it suck, but it is finally starting to get to the point where the games will be kick ass!
    yeaahaaaw!
    TXB IZ GAAAAAAY!
    XBA 0WNZ!

Thread Information