Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XBox games keep letting me down

Default XBox games keep letting me down

Okay, first I will state the PS2 sucks so you don't think I am biased....I do own one, just for GTA3.

I am getting very frustrated with my xbox. It sits with no worthy games to play on it. I have had it since the first month of launch and it's sad that the only good game is Halo nearly a year later.

Anyone else feel the games just suck? Its not the XBox's fault, its the developers releasing this junk. Microsoft better gobble up a few more Bungies of the world and get me excited about my XBox again.

Let me run thru my expierence with the titles so far:

1. Halo
    2. Fever 2002 - Too arcady for me. I am a sports nut and its not my bag. Doesn't mean its a bad game....exchanged for:
    3. Madden 2002 - Decent, but a ported feel and really nothing special over any system or a PC Madden.
    4. Obi-Wan - Decent fun with the force powers, but another unpolished title that should have been much better. Let down. Beat it and traded in for
    5. Max Payne - Colors looked washed and ported to me. I didn't give it much a chance since I figured I'd just get the real deal with it on PC. Traded in for GTA3 on PS2 (The only game worth playin on PS2)
    6.rented Knockout Kings - I am a boxing nut. This game is not boxing, more like a NFL Blitz type without silly things happening. Not the xbox fault. Ea must never watch boxing. More punches are thrown in a round in this game then a normal match in life.
    7.rented NFL2K3 - Very Nice game. But again, the colors looked washed out like a port and the play calling system just sucked.
    8. rented Fever 2003 - Same as 2002, love how I play a whole game with my buddy to score 30+ point between us in the final 2:30 of play.
    9. rented Maden 2003 - Same old madden although I didn't play it enough to really eval it.
    10.rented spy hunter - had potential but again falls short.
    11.rented Dead to Rights - Started off great but very frustrating in jail with the kung fu system. Turned into a button masher without much stragey. still playing though since I hope to get past and continue the fun I was having before the kung fu. I would probably rank this 2nd to halo for me.
    12.rented NHL 2002 - EA turned this game into a cross from Hitz and the old EA NHL. Colors were washed once again...lol I can excuse not liking the game style (matter of taste) but the ported, washed out colors are a joke.
    13.rented Hunter - Didnt play enough but fel like "Been there, done that....".
    14.Morrowind - Great RPG! Nothing I couldn't play on my PC though.
    15.rented 007 - Had potential if they didn't spell out everthing with the hints. How lame
    16.rented Sega World Series Baseball - Ah, a decent title...I will buy next years version
    17.Legends of Wrestling - Poor contol. Another one with potenial that was a big let down. I see a trend here.

Theres more but I think I am already going to get flamed enough.. I want so bad for the Xbox to excite me but it keeps coming up short. It may be time to return to PC gaming and the lame ass buying of video cards every 6 months. The last few games I finished on the PC were a blast: Diablo II, Star Trek Elite Forces, Medal of Honor. Plus I played them online for free.....hmm, leave it to Microsoft to pretend they invented something and charge bucks for it......thats another thread.

No, I will give xbox a few more chances. There are a bunch of games coming the next couple months that look great. Unreal better get here and save my xbox!

OK

Nonny

1) Your gonna get flamed
    2) i agree with you somewhat
    3) Wait till Xbox Live time, and unreal etc. The real magic starts late 2002-2003

Yea, I did go on a vent session there....

I can't wait for Live. And the titles coming the next few months look great. The wait is killing me.

Good news is I never played Project Gotham since Im not into racing games. May be time to check that out. Everyone seems to like it.

Dude, ok, the complaints I can't really take issue with. But what do you want? PS2 with FFX and GTA3? That's all that that console has to offer. What about Gamecube and .... and...... well anyway. Xbox is the number one console. If you don't like it, just don't buy any consoles because it's all downhill.

I hate racing games, I hate them a lot, but PGR is really really fun. Its the constant sense of progression that hooks you, always unlocking something new to play with.

Other games you should check out before dismissing the xbox...

Jet Set Radio Future - Easily the second best game on the xbox behind halo, and not far behind at that.
    Enclave - A great fantasy hack and slash game with some incredible level design, tons of weapons and playable characters and some slick graphics to boot. Don't let those people *****ing about the difficulty scare you off, it really isn't all that hard.
    Gunvalkyrie - A great game with a very unique control system. I suggest you rent it first, if you get the hang of the controls I guarantee you will love it.
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Best beat em up game every created, on any sytem, of any generation. Yes even better then the old streets of rage games. Absolute must have if you like kicking ass.

Give those a shot, I personally think they are the cream of the xbox crop.
    "Have you ever played Zelda, and you're like, 'Man, that game would be cool if the guy I just talked to hadn't said all that crap about fairies and light?' What if they said something that was good? I mean, it's not like a whole new genre to make games that have depth and a story."

-- Tim Schafer --
    Hidden Content

Dar, you are right. The others are worse. I guess my expectations are too high on it. It's still early and it may live up but I am starting to push the panic button. I have been very patient....so the next few months make it or break it for me.

Nonny

Yes, try these games:

Jet Set Radio Future
    Rallisport Challenge
    Project Gotham Racing
    Dead or Alive 3
    Halo
    Spiderman
    Turok Evolution
    NFL 2k3

those are pretty good games to hold u over till Nov.

Thanks Caliadar,

I definatley am getting Gotham next. And I wanted to rent Enclave / Buffy today but they were out.

Enclave has gotten some mixed reviews but its definatley my style game so I must check it out.

I read the OXM review of Buffy and it made me want to go out and buy it. I don't rely on OXM since they seem biased somewhat. Now I really want to play it. I never watched the show. Will that hurt my gaming expierence?

you should sell your xbox and buy a dog... a dog won't let you down since they are man's best friend!

... unless your a wuss, then they will kill you
    Hidden Content

My plots never fail.

Originally posted by xbob
    Thanks Caliadar,

I definatley am getting Gotham next. And I wanted to rent Enclave / Buffy today but they were out.

Enclave has gotten some mixed reviews but its definatley my style game so I must check it out.
    I'm not sure if you'll like Enclave the graphics and sound are excellent without a doubt but here is where the bubble bursts the gameplay STINKS it's just a hack and slash, I was so bored I finished the game in god mode as I wanted to see the graphic changes, I think you should definitely rent this first

I'm not sure about Buffy but I've heard good reports about it but again rent first

you should sell your xbox and buy a dog... a dog won't let you down since they are man's best friend!
    lol lol
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Owned And Operated by Yours Truely

RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Originally posted by Afro Aura

I'm not sure if you'll like Enclave the graphics and sound are excellent without a doubt but here is where the bubble bursts the gameplay STINKS it's just a hack and slash, I was so bored I finished the game in god mode as I wanted to see the graphic changes, I think you should definitely rent this first

I'm not sure about Buffy but I've heard good reports about it but again rent first
    yes buffy is a great game(9/10 easy),first when i started to play i said to myself oh!no here we go again(thinking it was a tomb raider clone) but then it is very unique compaired to tomb raider,i won't spoil it so that is all i will say...

How can somebody talk smack on the Xbox when they haven't even tried:

Moto GP
    Rallisport
    Burnout
    NHL Hitz
    Nascar Heat
    Splashdown
    Red Card 2003
    Outlaw Golf
    Hunter

Or some of the other kick arse games out there? Get with it, man!

I can think of a few more games to add to Zion's list, but it seems to me if you own a PS2 and the only worthy game you have there is GTAIII, no system is going to fill your need.

Lets look at SOME xbox EXCLUSIVES right now:

Moto Gp
    Rallisport
    PGR
    Sega GT 2002
    Crazy Taxi 3
    Buffy
    Dead to Rights
    Hunter the Reckoning
    Halo
    Munch's oddysee
    Outlaw Golf
    Morrowind

these are 12 exclusives that I can think of out of about 25-30 so far.

These games aside from the 100+ out are a reason to own an xbox.

Plus go to xbox.ign.com , click on release and check out the xbox release list.

Lets see you make another thread like this, after you look at that list.

I guarantee that by Sept- November you will be broke.

-Borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

Originally posted by borka105
    Lets look at SOME xbox EXCLUSIVES right now:

Moto Gp
    Rallisport
    PGR
    Sega GT 2002
    Crazy Taxi 3
    Buffy
    Dead to Rights
    Hunter the Reckoning
    Halo
    Munch's oddysee
    Outlaw Golf
    Morrowind

these are 12 exclusives that I can think of out of about 25-30 so far.

These games aside from the 100+ out are a reason to own an xbox.

I guarantee that by Sept- November you will be broke.

-Borka105
    I couldn't have said it better myself. The Xbox has some great titles and some great titles in the works. Also, live is just up ahead so, relax and enjoy the Box. It's going to be kicking some serious ass soon. Besides, they have 2 billion dollars to play with.
    Hidden Content
    Turok: Evolution kicks serious ass!!!
    Hidden Content
    So does Enclave!!!!!
    Hidden Content

I feel pretty much the same. In the summer of 2001, I was very hopeful and excited about Xbox's future. Now -- another summer later -- I am looking forward again to November, only this time with less hope and more impatience. Game after game has fallen flat for me.

Granted, I'm not the easiest person to please. I don't care much for sports or fighting games, and most racing games get dull to me after a few hours. The only two Xbox games that have lived up to my expectations have been Halo and Morrowind.

Now that I've finally gotten a decent PC, I will probably be playing mostly on that, until November rolls around again.

[/B]
    I have and can't wait. Agree, I will be broke.

xbob, your right....you made some valid points. the disapointment factor seems to be high....but, i'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet. Dude, this is just the first year. This fall season is going to have some kick @ss games. I still think that microsoft is too loose with it's quality control gamewise.....
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Thread Information