Thread: Colin McRae Rally 3

Thumbs up Colin McRae Rally 3

I got my hands on a build of Colin McRae Rally 3 and I have to tell you that this game murders RalliSport Challenge in many ways.
    Phenominal physics in this game is something that makes it really outstanding. No more arcadish RappliSport feel(I liked RSC a lot), but you get a much deeper and better thought of game. Real time damage is great and it affects your car's performance. It's so realistic that sometimes all it takes is one hit/flip and you see yourself losing a lot more time than you were before on turns(for example). You could even find yourself finishing the race on your rims if driving off the track too much. Car models look better than the ones in RSC too. environments were pretty good as well, probably not as good as RalliSport's, but I was promised that it'll be polished before the game makes it on the shelves.

w00t, I'm so excited, the game looks like it's got all a rally fan could possibly want/need.

wow acid how do you pull that one off? getting a early build
    when the release date? does it have system link? are they using real rally course's? i seen a video from inside the car looked good .the rain drops hitting the windsheild reminded me of MotoGP.
    sry for all the questions but ive had my eye on this game for awhile also.
    ------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Xracer
    wow acid how do you pull that one off? getting a early build
    when the release date? does it have system link? are they using real rally course's? i seen a video from inside the car looked good .the rain drops hitting the windsheild reminded me of MotoGP.
    sry for all the questions but ive had my eye on this game for awhile also.
    1. My friend (haven't seen him in 1 year) from Codemasters UK came to Montreal for his business needs. We met at the hotel he was staying at. He brought an early(I believe it's called build .872, gamespot's already got their hands on .886 build though).

2. Release date is 27th of September. That is if everything goes well. From what I was told so far the team is up to date.

3. No sys-link in the .872 build as of yet. From very few comments I understood that thre won't be any. I could be wrong, but it's very unlikely.

4. Real rally courses(finland, australia, sweden, great britain, spain) along with fake ones (japan, usa). European tracks looked better than US ones.

I only spent about one hour with the game. Out of that time I only played it for 35-45 minutes. I'll try to do my best to answer any of your questions.

I thought the game was pushed back to november.

Glad to here it's turning out nicely. Ever since the rally part in GT3, I've been into rally games.

How many tracks are there? I hope there is a lot of variety.

Originally posted by midnight
    I thought the game was pushed back to november.

Glad to here it's turning out nicely. Ever since the rally part in GT3, I've been into rally games.

How many tracks are there? I hope there is a lot of variety.
    There's a lot of tracks...
    Each country (Spain, Japan, USA, Finland, Sweden, Great Britain etc.) is split into several stages, and each one of those stages is broken down into 3-5 events.

can i borrow it?

Originally posted by Xracer
    can i borrow it?
    I wish I could keep the CD myself...

I love CMR 2 on the PC. The best rally game at the time NO DOUBT. Numba 3 will blow all other rally games away if they keep on track
    I'm happy to 0wn:
    Halo | Dead or Alive 3 | RalliSport Challenge | Project Gotham Racing | Hunter: The Reckoning | Enclave | Buffy The Vampire Slayer | Splinter Cell | Moto GP | Colin McRae Rally 3 | Tao Feng | Dark Angel | Midtown Madness 3

Looking forward to:
    Halo 2 | Deus Ex 2 | DOOM 3 | Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Thread Information