Thread: Kakutou Choujin Look-In !

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Default Kakutou Choujin Look-In !

Well, we all know that a new fighting game gonna come out in November. So let discuss a little about it. This brand-new standard fighthing could dethrone DOA 3 from being the best hand-to-hand fighting games. With his incredible textures, shadowed-characters and the latest engine of fighting, this game got a big impression for me. So what all of you think about this one ? Could this one to be the next target that everyone want ?
    Back into the world of gaming.

Well, it looks stunning. The characters look as detailed as those from a CG movie. The animation is fluid. Moves look devastating. But the backgrounds look fairly similar.
    On the other hand, the character roster seems fairly limited. There are . . . what, ten characters? Only one of which is female. Not much variety. And none of them seem that interesting. Of course, they could have good backstories (hope hope).

Either way, I've heard enough hype about it that I'll give it a look. If it's really good, I'll buy it.
    Hidden Content
    Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Leave it to Americans to think that "no" means "yes," "****ed" means "angry," and "curse word" means something other than a word that's cursed!"

I think it will be a good game and I didn't like DOA3. The fighting genre is going to be pretty competitive with Kakuto Chojin, Tao Feng and MK5 coming out. Personally I am more anxious to play MK5.
    "Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work at it."

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking

Kakuto Chojin literally translates to "hand-to-hand fighting superman." It's a gritty street fight. Dark, edgy, and mysterious battles take place in back alleys and on rain-soaked rooftops. Combatants fight with raw emotion using their own styles. There is nothing cute, comical, or cartoon-like about these battles. It's a life-or-death fight for survival. When a fighter strikes, his or her opponent will know it. Kakuto Chojin represents the next level in street-fighting realism.

Screen shots:

The pictures will get better the closer we get to the launch date.

If I buy more than one fighting game in the huge release list this year it will probably be SC2 and MKA. I'm keeping an eye on Tao Feng!
    Morrowind, Strident, Duality, Project Ego, Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue II, Dominion, GTA3, MGS2, Bloodrayne, Sega GT, Hunter, Enclave, Kakuto Chojin, Moto GP, Star Wars:Kotor, Doom III, Unreal Championship, The Matrix, Unseen, Call of Cthulhu, Bruce Lee, Buffy, Deathrow, Yager, Superman, Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor, Xavier Fox, BC, Dimitri, Turok, Ultimate Blade of Darkness, Midtown Madness 3, Mafia, DiabloX, Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage, MK: DA, Rocky, Mike Tyson Boxing, Prisoner of War, Dead to Rights, Pro Race Driver, Ghost Recon, Xmen Next Dimension, Quantum Redshift, Brute Force, Transworld Snowboarding, and Soul Caliber 2!!!

Fear is the Mind Killer spike spiegel's Avatar

Yes finally someone else that's looking forward to this title. When I first saw some screens of this game I had to find out more, and way back in the biggining of the year I read an article in XBN. The game sounded really good. It's said to have near perfect physics. The graphics look amazing as well. The game looks like a really dark sorta undrground fighter(like the fight club movie). I can't wait for this title.

Actually I am looking forward to teo fang! Looks cooler, and with tobias boon working it, the game has to be awsome!

Thumbs up

http://www.gameteam.com/news/visu_news.php?id=3064

^^ Some screenies you might not have seen (?)

There are at least 4 female characters I've noticed so far -- 3 blondes and 1 reddish-haired brunette -- so Kakuto Chojin (and/or "Kakutou Choujin", for those complete searches) shouldn't come up too short in that category. Why sweat the details of such a beautiful character graphics engine if you won't swing it both ways, eh?
    Video gaming is not a crime.

Talking Sweet!

Excellent. I was referring to the E3 trailer. I thought that was the final character roster. And it seemed a little light to me. Here's hoping they have more characters than that.
    Hidden Content
    Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Leave it to Americans to think that "no" means "yes," "****ed" means "angry," and "curse word" means something other than a word that's cursed!"

They better get the fighting right. (Dream Factory/Dream Publishing/Ichii-san & ex-Tobal, ex-Bouncer team)

If they do I'll gladly buy this game, and shill for it on the Net, too!
    Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.
    - Parkinson's Law

I've really been looking forward to this one for the past six months. I thought the trailer was not as fluid as others are saying it is. It looks slightly jerky to me. Not too bad, but it could be smoother.

I think fighting games should use just a touch of motion blur to make things look more natural. Take a look at a movie frame by frame and you'll see fast-moving objects blurred. Why not try to capture that feel in a game?

Good idea, skysaw.
    As long as they left the motion trails to games such as Soul Calibur.

Just don't overdo it.
    Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.
    - Parkinson's Law

I heard Kakutou-C is likely to be delayed to an early 2003 release. Bummer.

Thread Information