Thread: Splinter Cell - a new beggining

Default Splinter Cell - a new beggining

Does anyone else think this game will make people rethink gaming forever . It looks absolutely fantastic !. Extremley realistic atmospheres , the best graphics ever , and awesome gameplay . The only possible drawback i can see for this game is that there maybe too much stealth and not enough killin' of afghanistan thugs !!!
    Halo 3 will soon be with us , can you feel it ? , can you ?

Its too early to say, blood wake was about this hyped and it sucked

how do u know what the gameplay is like? i think its hard to tell from what i saw on extended play. yeah the graphics are amazing but i dont completely like the idea of being stealthy. i enjoy running into a room gunz a blazin' and whoopin marjor ass.

Um, Splinter Cell is a stealth 'em up so you have to expect the game play to be based around that and not too much action. From the trailer I've seen it looks like a great damn game. The stuff you can do and the equipment are really nice. I'm betting it will be better then MGS2 but I don't know by how much. I just want to know how easy the controls are...

Hmm... a stealth 'em up being too stealthy... basically same as saying you don't want too much combat in Halo: Combat Evolve then eh? No offense, but this game is about stealth and saying there might be "too much stealth" in the game is quite ridiculous. Plus you only have to get shot a couple (2/3) times before you go down. Realism here is quite important, like all the Tom Clancy games. So don't expect too much action (though there will be plenty I guess).
    Proud owner of Halo: Combat Evolved

it probly will be better than mgs2

This game is going to rule.

Originally posted by ice_141
    This game is going to rule.
    Agreed!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Ooh, your powers of deduction are exceptional. I can't allow you to waste them here when there are so many crimes going unsolved at this very moment. Go, go, for the good of the city

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Originally posted by thebox466
    Its too early to say, blood wake was about this hyped and it sucked
    Yeah, well in Blood Wake, all you did was ride around in a boat blasting stuff...Splinter Cell is so much more in-depth it's not even worth bringing up the name Blood Wake...

The makers have said in almost every interview ever about splinter cell, that you can just shoot em up , but you better things happen if your stealthy, so go through it blazin if you wan't but Im a stealth nut, so I will be sneaking and climbing poles , doing the Van Dam on the cieling and sniping , using my fiber optic camera to look under doors, using the sticky bullet cams, and the noisemakers,,ect,,,,ect,,,,ect,,,,this game will rule,
    Wadical Dwagons! *quote from random game nerd in an arcade when I was a kid in the 80's*

Originally posted by Slacker
    The makers have said in almost every interview ever about splinter cell, that you can just shoot em up , but you better things happen if your stealthy, so go through it blazin if you wan't but Im a stealth nut, so I will be sneaking and climbing poles , doing the Van Dam on the cieling and sniping , using my fiber optic camera to look under doors, using the sticky bullet cams, and the noisemakers,,ect,,,,ect,,,,ect,,,,this game will rule,
    it keeps sounding better all the time ! (i have'nt heard about the fibre optic cameras..............AWESOME !)
    Halo 3 will soon be with us , can you feel it ? , can you ?

I dont think this will be a revolutionary title but I think it will be great none the less.
    "Halo 2 is alot like Halo, only it's Halo on fire going through the hospital zone 130 miles per hour being
    chased by helicopters and ninjas, and the ninjas are on fire too"

Griesemer: Halo 2 is going to be everything you liked about Halo, only wrapped in bacon and deep-fried. As everyone knows, bacon makes even the best things even better.

i think it will b good, but im still probably only gonna rent it becuase of the lack of action as in gunfights and so on.

Originally posted by Slacker
    sounds kinda like no one lives forever
    Fanboys Suck
    Hidden Content

xbAWOL

Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Yeah, well in Blood Wake, all you did was ride around in a boat blasting stuff...Splinter Cell is so much more in-depth it's not even worth bringing up the name Blood Wake...
    uhhh....bloodwake....shudder

about sc, ill pick this up if it gets good reviews and i like it, but im also planning on getting mgs2

Originally posted by Playya
    i enjoy running into a room gunz a blazin' and whoopin marjor ass.
    Then this game isn't for you

Default Re: Splinter Cell - a new beggining

Originally posted by adzmullz1
    Does anyone else think this game will make people rethink gaming forever . It looks absolutely fantastic !. Extremley realistic atmospheres , the best graphics ever , and awesome gameplay . The only possible drawback i can see for this game is that there maybe too much stealth and not enough killin' of afghanistan thugs !!!
    this game iz gonna r00l! i don't care if you get to kill afgani thugz or israeli mossad thugz, it's still gonna 0WN!
    TXB IZ GAAAAAAY!
    XBA 0WNZ!

Originally posted by tamim

sounds kinda like no one lives forever
    i think it sounds more like a syphon filter or mgs on steroids.
    btw - NOLF was a fps, and splinter cell doesn't seem like it will be like it in any way at all. *shruggs*
    TXB IZ GAAAAAAY!
    XBA 0WNZ!

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Splinter cell will be good if it has very deep gameplay, as in being able to do many, many things. Otherwise, it will get boring way too fast.

but my the looks of it, its gonna be great.

I fell into the bloodwake and wreckless game trap
    since then i havent bought a game without reviewing it
    I have only 2 games for xbox (halo and morrowind) and ive played morrowind out and i still play halo(got xbox nov.16 with halo) system link=unlimited replayability
    now i just want some good games
    havent u guys noticed that there are just so many crappy games for each system....its horrible
    i just hope it doesnt get worse the next generation of games(ps3 xbox 2 etc.)
    it has been getting worse steadily I think
    ever since snes it has gotten worse each generation(2 generations) psx had a lot of crap and a lot of good and nintendo 64....well there wasnt much games to begin with lol, now gamecube xbox and ps2 all have 95-99% ****ty games
    it really is quite sad
    xbox quality control....phhhff

Alien

if you like stealth games you need to get the hitman 2 demo for pc you gotta think in that game man
    "I went to god just to see and I was looking at me"

Thread Information