Thread: Dead To Rights Impressions

Talking Dead To Rights Impressions

What did u think about Dead To Rights whens u played it.
    Last edited by rio2012; 09-03-2002 at 02:48 PM.

I think it sucks ass. The camera is the biggest problem for me, and has caused me to whacked more times than not. I mean crap, why not add both x,y axis to the camera? On top of that, the gameplay is just shoot everything, and play mini games throughout. Not challenging at all, just mind numbing at the least. Rent it, and see for yourself.
    ****HONDA ROCKS****

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

isnt every game with guns basically "shoot enemies and thats all"?

It blows. Good idea, horrible execution.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Ignorant, Racist,Troll, RedNeck..
    Are these things you aspired to be or are you just dumb as a rock?

It blows. Good idea, horrible execution.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Ignorant, Racist,Troll, RedNeck..
    Are these things you aspired to be or are you just dumb as a rock?

I was very dissapointed at this game. Terrible, just terrible.

Ok, I used the skip level cheat because I was completely stuck on chapter 4 where all those ho's attack you. There is no way I can save the skank and defeat all the enemy, so I tried to skip. Anyway, the other chapters aren't any easier, nor are they any different, just one long, boring, targeting (if it works), snore session....just my opinion.
    ****HONDA ROCKS****

I am enjoying this game. I'll only make one comment...this is a "run and shoot 'em up" only if you choose to play that way. I'm on level 7, no cheats, played through.

You need to use startegy, and i think most people are failing to realize this, which is why so many are saying it's too hard, blah, blah, blah.

Learn the controls, use Shadow, use human shields, use Bullet-time, and use canisters when available. Search off the beatin' path for needed objects (armor-health)Follow the Objectives for each level.

Items are there for a reason, and as much as i agree with the camera angle statement in the prison level, you can work around it.

SPOILER,SPOILER,SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

A little hint for netranger...you only have to kill the leader (in green) and the 2 assasins (in red)
    If you follow Erin to the coridor, you can basically sit there and pick off enemies at will, yuou can't take them on in the middle of the room. Once you follow here into the corridor, stay in front of her and she will stay right with you. It may take you 2 tries to finish it.

I like this game, but it's hard! Much harder than Max Payne (similar genre). You can't just barrel in all the time and try and shoot everyone. You have to lay back, crouch, hide and shoot. I let health go down a bit before using a health pack.
    -- Misterjim, a.k.a. Skeeter

thus game is frikin awesome. but its easy. everyone said it was so hard and i bought it and i tohught if everyone thinks its hard i will to. i beat it in 3 days with no codes. i would definitely buy or rent it. but theres no replay value at all unless u just wanna replay it cuz its a awesome game. it has a little of everything in it. light gun type shooting,fighting,shooting,everything. its really cool go get it or rent it.

I like it a lot but its really really hard. Im stuck in this sushi bar and all these chicks come in and kill me.

Default Not A Big Fan

Ive only played it for a few hours so far, and I'd have to say i'm not a big fan of it. I would have to say that my two biggest problems with the game are the controls, and the camera. Maybe it's just me, I just finished playing Max Payne and perhaps im still used to the controls on that game, but I just havent been able to pick them up on DTR yet. I also havent got used to the camera yet, but that may just take time. And what the hell is with that mini game at the start? I thought I was playing an adult version of mario party. Looks like it could be a good game if I manage to get over its shortcomings, but it didnt take me long to put Payne back in the ol' box.
    "I have existed from the morning of the world,
    and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens.
    Although I have taken the form of Caius Calligula,
    I am one man as I am no man.
    Therefore, I am God."

I really don't want to wreck the party but......

Dead to Rights = Dead to Retards....

The worst game I've ever seen.

I like this game a lot. I admit that when I first put it in and played the first tutorial level I thought it kinda sucked. And the camera gave me problems at first also. But after playing it for a little while and getting more used to the controls and using more strategy (like highlite was saying) it quickly became a lot more enjoyable.

It took me awhile to get past the asian whores part too.

Bob

HIGHLIGHT----

Hey dude, thanks for the tip, I got past that shiiite and am starting to see the light. Maybe this game isn't that moronic after all....
    ****HONDA ROCKS****

xbAWOL

i got two free rentals @ blockbuster for this game, so i hope to beat it(but i got school which interfers)

i rented it today and i agree its very challenging, but i like is so far, im not very far, im upstairs in the club

Default DEAD TO RIGHTS

I think DEAD TO RIGHTS is actually a pretty good game. It has a few problems. I dont like the targeting, or the camera very well. Other than that I think the game is ass kickin. I like the fact that u dont have to use a gun the entire game,and the disarms are really cool. I also enjoy the mini-games. It puts a new spin on shooting games in my opinion. One more thing. I like the fact that DEAD TO RIGHTS is a hard game, because that means you'll get your $50 out of it. Its a waste of money buying a $50 game and beating it in 2 days or less. When a game is challenging it makes beating the game worth while.
    The rock

Thread Information