Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ((Halo2 Trailer thoughts and impressions))

Default ((Halo2 Trailer thoughts and impressions))

So.. What you guys/girls think????

Just noticed the Halo 2 Trailer Today pole... Feel free to post there and let this one die!!
    Last edited by egg; 09-04-2002 at 11:58 PM.

I think it's nice.

It looks awesome for a game thats not due out for another year or more.

its going to rock!

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Winter 03 is the expected release...

I wanted to see something new, but oh well...looks alot better than the original game tho...if thats what the game will looks like...I wanted gameplay videos ******.

Don't know since I'm running WindowsNT and I can't install MP9 to watch it

xbAWOL

i think its taking way to lon to buffer!!!!!!

Was looking for some action scenes.. new vehicles shown.. etc

Originally posted by MixMasta
    i think its taking way to lon to buffer!!!!!!
    Right click/Save As

I downloaded it (not thinking about MP9 not installing on NT) at 787kbs

I thought it looked Great.. Imagine playing that HDTV style... Yes.. It didnt show alot of action But.... Can you just see the potential??? I know I can......

It worked like a slide show for me. Even after I dl'ed it to my desktop.
    BTW didnt we all know what was in the video its been talked about since x02.
    Last edited by plpkb; 09-04-2002 at 09:04 PM.

Hmmm....was that Florida getting nuked like that ??? Oh well, just the same. So what's up, is Master Chief doing a free fall to earth or something? Was he fixing to latch on to that ship and open a can of alien whoop ass?? Ohh my, too many questions already....
    ****HONDA ROCKS****

Originally posted by plpkb
    I worked like a slide show for me. Even after I dl'ed it to my desktop.
    BTW didnt we all know what was in the video is been talked about since x02.

I feel your pain, thanks god I'm getting a new pc soon. 300mhx here, and i ****** **** **** ****** hate this **** son of a ***** ********* god *****.

Default My 2 cents...

Being the owner/webmistress of my upcoming site www.xrealm.tk
    and a op in irc.dal.net on #xbox.

My opinion is this photage was in game because you can tell from the aliased line, I wasn't suprised but it has been upped alot since version 1. I was very hyped for it! but it let me down I was hoping to see some in game First Person Mode style(I think we all did), but I guess not and see some of the new content added such as vehicles, terrains, aliens etc... I also expected it to be much longer about 10-15 minutes.

This 2:31 trailor for the 2 minutes I would have suggested adding more content into it, but hey we're all time pressed and time=money. This game has a good background to it and it will be as enjoyable as the first one.

My last thought was hmmm... I wasn't too amazed by it nor under amazed. All the hype made the trailer seem like crap.

xbAWOL

that was ok, i wish they would have shown more, and it was choppy for me which made me really mad!

Very nice trailer. I wish there was some gameplay shown..

so master chief is gonna fight on earth...thats gonna be so awesome!! btw, did he like go through that spaceship at the end???

What did you honestly expect? The game is over a year off. I'm sure that what you saw won't look much like the final product anyway.
    Last edited by Dar; 09-04-2002 at 09:04 PM.

Frenchy with attitude!

The trailler is great. Lots of jaggies but the game isn't even close to be done and even with the jaggies, it's look like the best thing to ever grace the xbox to date.

The trailer is a teaser, no gameplay element here, although it sure give the initial information we need. Earth is in bad trouble and John 117 (the Master Chef) with Cortana will need to save it. So the setting is on earth and it looks damn good to me. I can't wait to see how earth is being done in the future.

The graphics are incredible like I said (all in game screens by the way, after close examination, it's in game, IN ENGINE trailler, so it's the real thing guys!), the sounds are also perfect and I always been in love with Halo soundtrack (which remind me I need to order that halo sound track about now).

Anyway, the trailler is great (I feel like I am repeating myself) and the only thing I want to do now is play halo 2 so since it's impossible, I'll go back to play Halo, the original one.

As for the chopping performance that some mention, I did get some at first. My previous windows media was in 200% zoom in windows mode. It got choppy and I was missing some scene. So I want back to 100%, normal display and no chopping performance, than I thought it was small and needed to see more details, so I went to Full screen mode, no chopping or bad performance, so I could enjoy the trailler like it was meant to be (full mode require offer better performance since it's taking the most of your ressources to display it unlike windows who share the ressources amoung the different windows open.

P.S.: one more thing, is it me or they change the actor who did Master chief's voice in Halo 2 compare to halo 1 ? Anyway, cortana seems like the same person...
    Hidden Content

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Default Re: My 2 cents...

Originally posted by Lauren-Xrealm-
    Being the owner/webmistress of my upcoming site www.xrealm.tk
    and a op in irc.dal.net on #xbox.

My opinion is this photage was in game because you can tell from the aliased line, I wasn't suprised but it has been upped alot since version 1. I was very hyped for it! but it let me down I was hoping to see some in game First Person Mode style(I think we all did), but I guess not and see some of the new content added such as vehicles, terrains, aliens etc... I also expected it to be much longer about 10-15 minutes.

This 2:31 trailor for the 2 minutes I would have suggested adding more content into it, but hey we're all time pressed and time=money. This game has a good background to it and it will be as enjoyable as the first one.

My last thought was hmmm... I wasn't too amazed by it nor under amazed. All the hype made the trailer seem like crap.
    Let me be the first to welcome you. and a very good first post!!!
    I agree with what you say...but you all have to remember... the game is still very early in development.. They just wanted to throw something at us. They didn't have to you know..So feel lucky you seen anything... Did you like what you saw??
    Last edited by egg; 09-04-2002 at 09:19 PM.

Originally posted by maximan00
    Very nice trailer. I wish there was some gameplay shown..

If you mean actualy gameplay footage, with guns and whatnot, ok, but i you mean the in game graphics, you were watching them.

Thread Information