Thread: New B0X on the block :)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking New B0X on the block :)

Hey all, I'm new to this splendid forum. I'm from Denmark. I bought the XBox last week and I'm stunned by it !!
    What finally pushed me over the edge: A local electronics mall had DOA 3 running on the XBox and after playing it some and enjoying the almost turbo paced action and extremely well done graphics I just had to own that box A big local shopping centre had the XBox on sale for (converting Danish Kroner to USD ...1 sec ) $267. Along with the box came a DVD Kit plus 1 extra controller so I think that's a good deal.
    I'm QUWAZY bout my XBox ...you have NO idea!!!...or do you?

I have a few Qs to you hardcore XBox people:

I have heard the expression PORT being used when reading about the new releases of XBox games (Doom 3). Can some1 plz explain what that means?

Is it true that most XBox games run at approx. 640x480 resolution using NO FSAA (or equal filters)? I have NO problem with the graphics, believe me, but since I've been a PC gamer for 10 years now I think I can pretty much spot the resolution.

I apologize for the long speech and I hope you can help a poor foo out with the technical XBox lingo?
    Last edited by [oXo]; 09-06-2002 at 04:28 AM.
    I'm happy to 0wn:
    Halo | Dead or Alive 3 | RalliSport Challenge | Project Gotham Racing | Hunter: The Reckoning | Enclave | Buffy The Vampire Slayer | Splinter Cell | Moto GP | Colin McRae Rally 3 | Tao Feng | Dark Angel | Midtown Madness 3

Looking forward to:
    Halo 2 | Deus Ex 2 | DOOM 3 | Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Thread Information