Thread: New B0X on the block :)

Talking New B0X on the block :)

Hey all, I'm new to this splendid forum. I'm from Denmark. I bought the XBox last week and I'm stunned by it !!
    What finally pushed me over the edge: A local electronics mall had DOA 3 running on the XBox and after playing it some and enjoying the almost turbo paced action and extremely well done graphics I just had to own that box A big local shopping centre had the XBox on sale for (converting Danish Kroner to USD ...1 sec ) $267. Along with the box came a DVD Kit plus 1 extra controller so I think that's a good deal.
    I'm QUWAZY bout my XBox ...you have NO idea!!!...or do you?

I have a few Qs to you hardcore XBox people:

I have heard the expression PORT being used when reading about the new releases of XBox games (Doom 3). Can some1 plz explain what that means?

Is it true that most XBox games run at approx. 640x480 resolution using NO FSAA (or equal filters)? I have NO problem with the graphics, believe me, but since I've been a PC gamer for 10 years now I think I can pretty much spot the resolution.

I apologize for the long speech and I hope you can help a poor foo out with the technical XBox lingo?
    Last edited by [oXo]; 09-06-2002 at 04:28 AM.
    I'm happy to 0wn:
    Halo | Dead or Alive 3 | RalliSport Challenge | Project Gotham Racing | Hunter: The Reckoning | Enclave | Buffy The Vampire Slayer | Splinter Cell | Moto GP | Colin McRae Rally 3 | Tao Feng | Dark Angel | Midtown Madness 3

Looking forward to:
    Halo 2 | Deus Ex 2 | DOOM 3 | Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking

Welcome to xboxaddict I know you will enjoy your stay here. Xboxaddict has all your xbox needs. Right now we are having a Skin-A-Day giveaway so try and see if you could win one.

You might be asking yourself how do I win while here how.

How do I win? These giveaways are based on site participation! By adding game reviews, joining the guys in the chat room, posting in the forums, adding your eXcitement comments, adding your interview comments and visiting certain "secret areas" of the site, your chances of winning will be increased.

Serg_w, thanx alot for the warm welcome. Actually I have been thinking of reviewing the games I have...maybe I should.

Do you know the answers to my Qs above?

Anyway, thanx again
    I'm happy to 0wn:
    Halo | Dead or Alive 3 | RalliSport Challenge | Project Gotham Racing | Hunter: The Reckoning | Enclave | Buffy The Vampire Slayer | Splinter Cell | Moto GP | Colin McRae Rally 3 | Tao Feng | Dark Angel | Midtown Madness 3

Looking forward to:

Welcome to XBA. I think i can answer your first question, but I will leave it to some of our resident resolution experts to answer the second. The term port is used in the gaming industry to describe a game that is designed for one platform (PC, Playstation, Xbox, Gamecube, etc.) and then modified or ported to be playable on another platform. When a game is described as a "straight port" it means that little to nothing was done to enhance the technical aspects of the game (i.e., graphics enhancement, online capagility, etc.) or to enhance the game itself (i.e., no new levels, costumes, vehicles, etc.) Hope this helps, and again, welcome to XBA. Until you get an answser to the second question, you might want to visit one of our member's sites at http://europe.cnn.com/2002/BUSINESS/...on3/index.html. This is a very helpful site done by Lynxfx.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

SkoalMint, thanx a million. Very good explanation plus I will definitely look at that link
    I'm happy to 0wn:

Looking forward to:

good im happy for you

but why dont you own halo??!
    XBOX=WIN
    Proud owner of PlayStation 2, Xbox, and Gamecube. ROCK ON!!!

Official MerimacHamwich "Smarty Mahn Numero Uno" Fanclub Member

Hidden Content

Originally posted by Supperdog
    good im happy for you

but why dont you own halo??!

Just about to ask him the same thing. Anyway, got get. And while your their, buy Morrowind. (Might not be out where you live).
    Anyway, welcome to XBA. I hope you will find this sight as enjoyable as I have.
    Have fun!

*LOL* I will be getting HALO next week I hope...it's on my list of course...don't worry. I buy these games used and it has to be available 1st in the shop. Besides I have bought the 1st 3 games in 1 week and I'm running out of money here
    And thanx guys for the welcome.
    I'm happy to 0wn:

Looking forward to:

Thread Information