Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lord Of The Rings

Default Lord Of The Rings

Who has played the game? I am considering buying it. Ofcourse I will rent it first but I don't have the time right now so I figured I would get some feedback from some other Tolkein fans who have played the game more than 2 hours.

No use posting in this thread if all you are going to do is bash the game without any suffiecient evidence of how you came unbiased to your conclusion. If you are just going to say: LOTR sucks. It is crap I hate it. dont get it it suxxors to the ezixstreme! I wont listen. That is just useless spam.

For those who post intelligable posts I thank you for your input.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

_
    Last edited by Duke-XBA; 09-28-2002 at 11:52 AM.
    RIP Dave

The Heavenly Addict!!!

I didn't know it was out yet

Originally posted by Heavens Gate
    I didn't know it was out yet
    It's not, Next week it's coming out!!

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

Really it isn't out yet? I saw it listed as available on the blockbuster website.

I would have to agree with you about the potential of the game DukeBuckhorn. I honestly think that the graphics could look better, however, I am going to hold my tongue on any of my opinions until I play it.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

that is so you can order it in advance
    Everybody loves me and I intend to keep it that wayHidden Content

The young... and annoying Young_Fledgling's Avatar

i will probablly not buy it..... MAYBE rent it...... i dunno just does not look all that good to me

Hope the game is better than the movie was.

It seems to follow the book a lot more closely. For example you go through the ancient forrest and meet tom bambadil. You also go through the barrow downs.

this game is in stores as we speak.
    Last edited by FuNkY mOnK; 09-26-2002 at 11:12 AM.

Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
    this game is in stores as we speak.
    Anyone buy it yet?
    Is it any good?

Merimac... Ironic 90% of yuor posts are dissin.
    Make Me a sig plz.

Default lotr dont work

i cant ****in believe this...
    i bought lotr today, pop it in my machine... looks ugly as hell by the way...
    get to the game and BOOM!
    missing textures and ****... the menu palette is missing...
    i take out the disk run my shirt over it cause i think it's dirty or something..
    still doesnt work
    I take it back to gamestop here in san diego and they look at the disk and tell me its scratched.. well **** i think i'll take a different
    copy...
    i put that one in an dit does THE SAME THING...
    i took that one back and told them to pop it in thier xbox and it is.... FINE... nothing wrong with the game...
    i say well i guess ****... i'll have to take it back i guess...
    and it still does the SAME thing here.. all my other games are fine... they say its something wrong with my xbox .... WTF

Sounds like you should be taking your xbox back instead of the Lord of the Rings
    I own Spiderman, Halo, JSRF, Project Gotham Racing, TH2X, Blood Omen2, Amped, Dark Summit, SSX Tricky, Azurik, Max Payne, Amped, Splashdown, Crazy Taxi 3, Dead to Rights, Toejam&Earl3, TH4, Myst 3, Hunter the Reckoning, Pirates, Test Drive and Morrowind on XBox.
    Systems are Xbox, PS2, Dreamcast, N64 and GameBoy Advance Hidden Content

Member on the run

Default Re: lotr dont work

Originally posted by rohackle
    i cant ****in believe this...
    i bought lotr today, pop it in my machine... looks ugly as hell by the way...
    get to the game and BOOM!
    missing textures and ****... the menu palette is missing...
    i take out the disk run my shirt over it cause i think it's dirty or something..
    still doesnt work
    I take it back to gamestop here in san diego and they look at the disk and tell me its scratched.. well **** i think i'll take a different
    copy...
    i put that one in an dit does THE SAME THING...
    i took that one back and told them to pop it in thier xbox and it is.... FINE... nothing wrong with the game...
    i say well i guess ****... i'll have to take it back i guess...
    and it still does the SAME thing here.. all my other games are fine... they say its something wrong with my xbox .... WTF
    Funny that you posted that 3 times and you've been called out already as a fraud.

So has anyone other than the 'it doesnt work' guy played it?

As if we'd take his opinion n e wayz
    I own Spiderman, Halo, JSRF, Project Gotham Racing, TH2X, Blood Omen2, Amped, Dark Summit, SSX Tricky, Azurik, Max Payne, Amped, Splashdown, Crazy Taxi 3, Dead to Rights, Toejam&Earl3, TH4, Myst 3, Hunter the Reckoning, Pirates, Test Drive and Morrowind on XBox.
    Systems are Xbox, PS2, Dreamcast, N64 and GameBoy Advance Hidden Content

Smile

I picked up LOTR on Thursday and I must say it is awesome. If you enjoyed the movie or the book you will love this game. It starts off slow as you go through the shire running various errands to prepare yourself for your adventures ahead, but once you get the entire fellowship together the game is sweet....The graphics are really good especially the water and some of the larger enemies. The troll is awesome! Every level I find myself surprised how close it follows the original story as well as the movie. Lots of dialogue in the game and the voice actors are pretty good. Right now I am in the mines of Moria about 5 hours into the game.... I would give the game an 8.5
    Got X-Box?

Originally posted by TheDarkwolf
    I picked up LOTR on Thursday and I must say it is awesome. If you enjoyed the movie or the book you will love this game. It starts off slow as you go through the shire running various errands to prepare yourself for your adventures ahead, but once you get the entire fellowship together the game is sweet....The graphics are really good especially the water and some of the larger enemies. The troll is awesome! Every level I find myself surprised how close it follows the original story as well as the movie. Lots of dialogue in the game and the voice actors are pretty good. Right now I am in the mines of Moria about 5 hours into the game.... I would give the game an 8.5
    Hows the music??
    Does it have any missing textures??

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

I am going to go rent this game today.

Thread Information