Hi folks, just registered here to relay this story to all of you. Seeing that just 3 weeks ago I decided to get an xbox, I have been actively seeking out demo kiosks in my area to see one in action. Found one in a mall about 20 miles from me, walked in at 8:00PM and it was turned off. I asked the clerk if they could turn it on to see it and they said "the company policy is that it has to be turned off at 7PM". Hmm, that's odd because the PS2 demo was running (with a flat screen PC monitor..hahaha). He stated it caused so much havoc when it was running that they must shut it down at 7. Then he proceeds to launch into a tirade about how bad the graphics are on a TV and he cancelled his order and that I should buy a PS2 instead. Well, I quickly pointed out that the demo box HAD a tv attached to it, then he says "thats a microsoft tv, built just for the xbox". How ridiculous!!! Lie number 1.

Then he says the graphics will look bad if you don't use s-video or the hi-res adapter. Anything looks better with s-video for sure, however, I pointed out that the graphics chip in the xbox does full screen anti-aliasing full time so every game run has smooth edges. He said that wasn't true, only if you use the s-video cable will it look nice. Lie number 2.

He said he played Madden extensively and that the controller really blows. His poor fingers couldn't hit the buttons right and kept pushing the wrong ones. Well, any new controller will take a bit of time to get used to but after a little while you'll get the hang of it. Obviously this guy is an idiot and couldn't have played the game "extensively". Lie number 3.

I told him I was a PC gamer and this would be my first console. Well that brought a flood of standard FUD regarding the keyboard/mouse vs game controller. So I notified him that I have a Gravis Xterminator gamepad for my computer and that the xbox controller is quite similar and I don't see a problem with it at all. He basically said I was out of my mind and would hate the controls of the xbox.

Here comes the biggest lie....He said "the japanese launch of the xbox was such a failure that stores are refusing to sell them and they are sending them back to microsoft". WHAT???? I think this guy needs to stop hitting that pipe so hard. I don't think there is a date for Japan yet, but it's irrelavent anyway. After almost laughing in the poor schmuck's face, he continued on the diatribe about how it will fail, nobody will buy them and people are cancelling their orders left and right. Lies, lies and more lies.

The store was GameStop BTW, and come Monday I'm calling the store manager and possibly the regional manager to notify them that their little employee is spreading outrageous lies and trying his hardest to discourage the xbox. If he don't like the xbox, fine, but don't lie about things, ya know?

I really hope I can snag an xbox on Thursday...I believe I can because 2 stores in my area didn't take preorders and aren't really promoting it much. I'm crossing fingers and praying anyway..