Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What WILL be better? HALO2 or DOOM3

Smile What WILL be better? HALO2 or DOOM3

It has come down to Halo2 and Doom III for the battle for the BEST GAME OF 2003. Though it is WAY to early to say, which will be better? I only ask for opinions not Verbal Warfare, but don't hesitate to engage in some...
    In my opinion, Halo 2 will win the title. It has a great story, a great engine, and well, GREATNESS itself. Doom, well, I grew up with it, and it opened my mind to gaming when I was 5. I've seen the screens for DOOM III, and the trailers, and pics from HALO 2, though Doom III looks better NOW, it won't beetter than Halo 2, which should be released a whole year from now.
    As of now, Doom III looks great, and well, thats all. Don't hear about the enemy or team AI, physics, a story???!!! or anything that could even compare to Halo 2, much less Halo 1. I will RENT Doom III, maybe it would shape up by the January 2003 release (as stated by the great PCGAMER guys) but still Halo 2 has a whole year, it is bound to surpass all games, ever made, to date(of it's release)
    I will absolutely buy Halo 2, enjoy the 1 player mode, and the multiplayer. Doom III? Yeah, I'd have fun with the single player, and the 4-PLAYER multiplay.(as stated by John Carmack) As far as AI goes, how smart can a Zombie be?! As compared to the military genius of the Covenant Elite.

HALO 2 GOOD!!!! DOOM III GOOD, but as good???

A PC game of that stature is gunna be hard to compete with...

The hype for it in the PC world is already insane; Not that Halo2 for Xbox isnt.... but...

I like both, but in the end, I'm guessing Doom3 if it makes it out in time and if the normal person can afford the computer to play it on :P

Still lots of time before the finals of both games are given..so we'll see
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

I'd have to go with Halo 2.

let's see, i've put probably 300 hours into halo 1, and that was without all the sht they are adding to number 2! (convenant vs marine wars, ridiculous graphics, new moves, xbox live support, double the amount of vehicles, BETTER (!?) AI, etc)

Seriously, I seriously think Halo 2 might be perfect the way it's being talked about so far. all of the additions seem to make my pants soiled.

I consider Halo to be almost perfect, so how far off could we be from perfection?

-jarvis
    Last edited by Jarvis; 09-30-2002 at 12:54 AM.
    PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
    PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
    PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
    Learn to swim...
    -Tool

Originally posted by Variation
    A PC game of that stature is gunna be hard to compete with...

The hype for it in the PC world is already insane; Not that Halo2 for Xbox isnt.... but...

I like both, but in the end, I'm guessing Doom3 if it makes it out in time and if the normal person can afford the computer to play it on :P

Still lots of time before the finals of both games are given..so we'll see
    True, but as far as gameplay goes, AI, overall engine greatness (like physics). How will that compete? Programmers always have to keep in mind of the minority or maybe the other way, the majority. What f a majority of PCgamers have low-end entry systems? The guys at Id had to keep this in mind so that these people can play their products. On the high-end gaming systems like AlienWare and Falcon NorthWest PCs, it'll look great.

Doom III, has the graphics, I want to see everything else, like : story, AI, engine capabilities ( physics, lighting, etc), y'know what I've repeating like 500 times already.
    Last edited by Spartan-XBA; 09-30-2002 at 05:39 PM.

Halo 2. Doom 3 might have better graphics, but Halo 2 will have so much more options.

I'd vote for DOOM III, tha big daddy of 'em all

Starving College Student

Default Re: What WILL be better? HALO2 or DOOM3

Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
    It has come down to Halo2 and Doom III for the battle for the BEST GAME OF 2003. Though it is WAY to early to say, which will be better? I only ask for opinions not Verbal Warfare, but don't hesitate to engage in some...
    In my opinion, Halo 2 will win the title. It has a great story, a great engine, and well, GREATNESS itself. Doom, well, I grew up with it, and it opened my mind to gaming when I was 5. I've seen the screens for DOOM III, and the trailers, and pics from HALO 2, though Doom III looks better NOW, it won't beetter than Halo 2, which should be released a whole year from now.
    As of now, Doom III looks great, and well, thats all. Don't hear about the enemy or team AI, physics, a story???!!! or anything that could even compare to Halo 2, much less Halo 1. I will RENT Doom III, maybe it would shape up by the January 2003 release (as stated by the great PCGAMER guys) but still Halo 2 has a whole year, it is bound to surpass all games, ever made, to date(of it's release)
    I will absolutely buy Halo 2, enjoy the 1 player mode, and the multiplayer. Doom III? Yeah, I'd have fun with the single player, and the 4-PLAYER multiplay.(as stated by John Carmack) As far as AI goes, how smart can a Zombie be?! As compared to the military genius of the Covenant Elite.

HALO 2 GOOD!!!! DOOM III GOOD, but as good???
    i'm going to have to agree with you on this one..
    What have we heard about halo2? NEW FEATURES, NEW VEHICLES, INNOVATIVE GAMEPLAY TWEAKS, EXTENSIVE XBOXLIVE USAGE, MORE WEAPONS, EPIC GROUND AND AIR BATTLES, COVENANT VS HUMAN >16 PLAYER ONLINE BATTLES, BEAUTIFUL ENVIRONMENTS AND PLAYER MODELS...

what have we hard about doom3?
    it looks..really...really..pretty..and its DOOM!...and yeah it's still pretty

maybe its just because i haven't researched doom3 as extensively as halo2, but i'm pretty sure halo2 will be the undisputed winner of this dispute

OH YEAH, and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS spartan!
    Last edited by Koopa; 09-30-2002 at 08:56 AM.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

It's kinda cool that you'll have a showdown of this magnitude in the PC and Console world. Has something like this happened before, I can't remember. I think Halo 2 sales are gonna be through the roof, probably breaking many records. The same for Doom3. Can't wait.

Halo 2 with very little doubt. Doom 3 has photorealistic effects like no other game, that's great. But nothing has addressed how good of a game it could be. On the other hand, Halo 2 has Halo as a testement to its revolutionary gameplay. Plus the great graphics. I think Halo 2 will be a surreal experience (as long as the Flood dont show up again) that Doom 3 wont be able to compete with.
    Last edited by fowlowl; 09-30-2002 at 12:47 PM.

HALO2

While DOOM3 will probably have slightly better graphics, HALO2 will have better story line and gameplay (well at least I THINK it will, since I haven't played either one, its hard to say for sure).

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I'm going to have to go with Halo 2. The first Halo is a phenominon...I've never played a game as long and kept my interest soaring with any other game other than the original Halo. I can see this increasing moreso as Halo 2 is conceived in December 2003.

As for Doom 3...it's going to also be an unbelievable game. I grew up with Wolfenstein and Doom and I will probably give Doom 3 a rent before I buy. It's simply an awesome series and Doom 3 simply cannot be ignored.

But, my money will definately go for Halo 2.

Personally, I can't wait for Unreal Championship and I predict that this game will possibly surpass the greatness of Halo since XBox Live is truly going to make this the flagship title this coming November 15th. I can't wait!!!

Well, I may have to say that Unreal has a chance of getting it like they did a few years back...no?

But out of the 2 in question, I would have to assume that with the depth of Halo 2, and the new changes that have been made...this will be the winner out of the select. However, there still maybe some others that are competing, possibly Fable and BC, but that's still up in the air.

Arrow !!!!!!!!!!

Damn that's a good question... :\

hmmm... the toughest question i have ever been asked........

I decline to answer.

Is Doom3 coming to xbox? Otherwise, I will probably never get to play it, as I only have a hunk of crap for a computer.

Originally posted by casper
    Well, I may have to say that Unreal has a chance of getting it like they did a few years back...no?

But out of the 2 in question, I would have to assume that with the depth of Halo 2, and the new changes that have been made...this will be the winner out of the select. However, there still maybe some others that are competing, possibly Fable and BC, but that's still up in the air.

Halo 2 seems to be in the lead . I was inclined not to mention Unreal Championship because of it's revelance to the PC gamers. They won't be getting Unreal Championship. Still, that poses a question for ANTOHER thread, UC or UT2003?? But, DON'T ANSWER THAT HERE!!

All of you guys said DOOM III has the graphics. Well, it does, for now however... I'd hate to repeat myself a 4th or 5th time but, HALO 2 STILL HAS ANOTHER YEAR TO GO! That means it could absolutely blow DOOM III outta the water, and the store shelves.
    Last edited by Spartan-XBA; 04-30-2003 at 07:19 PM.

Starving College Student

Originally posted by fowlowl
    I think Halo 2 will be a surreal experience (as long as the Flood dont show up again) that Doom 3 wont be able to compete with.
    sorry, but flood are coming back, according to bungie. they say the flood and the covies have a long history together.

hmmmmmm.

yeah and um UC...is gonna be the flagship title for XBL, along with ghost recon and mechassault
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Default Doom III or Halo 2, ehh?

Sorry you biased pc gamers, Halo 2 will be my choice ( that biased remark was a joke, no hate mail please!).

Spartan iv had a very good point.

How much A.I. does it take to make a zombie? the walk around for the nearest target and eat. They dont seek cover, or plan out strategic military flanks and the like. the just wander around.

Sorry but the folks at bungie have this one in the bag, however if you do not have an xbox, You will have to settle for Doom III, although i must say youre missing out on a lot!

And for those of you who just love zombies, halo has a mess of super zombies that overwhelm you called the flood! halos got the best of both worlds.

I feel sorry for all who said DommIII,.......really sorry.

P.s. Welcome spartan IV! Prepare to get mail from some of the cruelest poeple on earth!
    Last edited by TheCovenant; 09-30-2002 at 05:54 PM.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Starving College Student

Default Re: Doom III or Halo 2, ehh?

Originally posted by TheCovenant
    P.s. Welcome spartan IV!
    lol isn't it spartan 6 and not spartan 4?

but yeah, the fact of the matter is that doom3 is just a suckier halo without covenant...kind of like a whole game based on The Library
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Default IM HURT... and MAD!

IM SPARTAN VI!

Thought you'd of all people would know, esp. when your SPARTAN V!

Heh, should I NOT promote you?

Well, I am glad to see there are no crazy, PC dudes here. They'd be extrememly mad to see DOOM III isn't getting the votes they want.

And then I am dissapointed to see any tough/good arguments saying DOOM III will be better.

Guess I'll wait.....:o

Thread Information