Thread: Fable's Mature Rating?

Post Fable's Mature Rating?

Fable's Mature Rating?

Thursday, October 3, 11:05 | Talon |

With content in videogames becoming more and more ‘mature’, games seem to be branding the “M” rating more often than ever before. Today Dene Carter, Managing Director at Big Blue Box Studios, commented on the likely rating for Fable in a thread in the BBB forums called ‘Is this a kid tested, mother approved game?’. In response to the question asked in the thread, which was incidentally stated in the title, Dene Carter said that the ESRB is likely to put the “M” for mature rating on Fable due to the fact that when characters kill others they won’t simply disappear in a blaze of special effects. Specifically, he said the following:
    “The ESRB rating for this game is exceedingly likely to be 'Mature' since its content is fairly dark and in cases where humans are killed in any graphic manner (i.e. without having them disappear in a puff of smoke and effects) the Mature rating is slapped on immediately.
    We're trying to write a game which handles violence in the same way as the film, "Unforgiven." It's there, but we want to let the player know that violence has consequences, and that death really matters to the people in the world.

My guess is that people will 'experiment' with killing people for the hell of it. If we do it properly, they won't feel like doing it twice..."

Fable is currently slated for release on Xbox during Winter 2003. Learn more about the game by visiting our hosted site, EgoManiacs.

I love news
    Sunlight splatters dawn with answers
    Darkness shrugs and bids the day good-bye

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking

Thanks again crazyotto for the F.Y.I(For Your Information). Because like I said before I am on a mission to find as much information on this game and with your news I feel that I am up to date

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

If this title is rate for "mature" audiences only, then we will expect to see blood, scary monsters and hordes of undead creatures. Maybe for others reasons...
    Back into the world of gaming.

We're trying to write a game which handles violence in the same way as the film, "Unforgiven." It's there, but we want to let the player know that violence has consequences, and that death really matters to the people in the world.
    This is awesome! It was pretty stupid in Morrowind when you could kill someone right in front of someone else and they wouldn't react. Or, kill 30 people in a town and still no one knows about it. You should never be powerful enough to take down a whole town.... at once.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information