Poll: What game has been the most disappointing?

Thread: What game has let gamers down the most?

Default What game has let gamers down the most?

This is to see what game didn't live up to expectations

I would vote for Circus Maximus, but I'm always being told my session is invalid!

Circus Maximus had potential, but the gameplay was sloppy and it was made needlessly difficult by the CPU cheating. You could be a whole lap ahead of everyone for two laps of the race, then they'll miraculously catch up to you within sight of the finish line, take you out and make you lose. With race times of around 10 minutes, it was very frustrating to constantly lose with only 15 seconds left.

Chase is another game I've been dying to play, but it's getting some horrible reviews because of lousy collision detection. I'm only placing a vote for a disappointing game that I've played.

Why isn't Silent Hill 2 on this list? The first one was a masterpiece in horror gaming, and the second one was really boring!

For me: wreckless.

This game should have been awesome .

I remember hearing about it, and then wanting it. Good thing I didn't buy it. I thought it would be more like GTA 3 then it actually was,. lack of car selection too.

I didn't choose WWE Raw because it wasn't too too bad. it was still playable.

Flushing the Ducts evil xbox king's Avatar

Definately RAW, and why the hell did you put Hunter on the list? That game is awesome.
    Poor Delta...I hope she gets better quickly.

I'm tired of dwelling on the dissapiontments of the past. Let us look toward the UC future.

*Peepers gazes into future and begins to drool*
    Hidden Content

(I hope to have X-Ray changed to Peepers)

Raw followed closely by Wreckless.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

The Restraint Guy

Hunter??? WTF...Loved it....Anyways..so disappointing was Enclave, great graphics and BORING gameplay, no multiplayer, no mid-level saves (yeah I guess I am not a "HARDCORE GAMER", which is the response I usually get when this issue is brought up) just didn't come close to my expectations, except with graphics, which a good game does not make.

Official Aussie of XBA™ Rochey69r's Avatar

Thumbs down wreckless

i live in aus.

when watching movies eagerly awaiting the arrival of xbox wreckless got me so exited.

the movies had the best graphics but when i lukily rented the game not bought it i was extremely disapointed!!

WWE Raw but it's not as bad as most people say, it just didnt live up to the hype.

Originally posted by Master Gracey

Why isn't Silent Hill 2 on this list? The first one was a masterpiece in horror gaming, and the second one was really boring!
    im sorry but SH2 was awesome..i love these games..
    Got boom box?

I thought Azurik sucked... the way he moved..especially in water and the way he looked so extremely blue... I had expected alot more from a MS Xbox launch game.

Default Re: What game has let gamers down the most?

Originally posted by Caspel
    This is to see what game didn't live up to expectations
    Probably Halo, that game is just boring. When i play that game i don't know if i'm playing a game or watching a movie.

Originally posted by Master Gracey
    I would vote for Circus Maximus, but I'm always being told my session is invalid!

I try to vote for Wreckless but got the same as you

I think Wreakless as they not try to use the power of the X-Box & have made a much better version (I hear) with two player mode & other extras on the Playstation 2.
    It could of been a lot better on the X-Box
    Nothing in life is free, even free Speech comes at a cost.
    We have to hear words we may not like, statements we do not agree with or/& do not wish to hear.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

definitley Hunter........biggest letdown for me......i actually knew this game was gonna be bad for me, but everybody here said they loved it.......i hated it....too easy, too short, no replay, and too repetitive........it seemd alright at first but then just turned into a constant pressing of the right trigger. And only 2 out of the 4 characters were worth using (the Judge and the Martyr were pathetic). All in all it was a rental at best

I loved Wreckless!!! I would say Bruce Lee
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

Raw payed 80 bucks but why did you put Hunter there? Hunter is like the best game.

Default Re: Re: What game has let gamers down the most?

Originally posted by japes1
    Probably Halo, that game is just boring. When i play that game i don't know if i'm playing a game or watching a movie.
    OK, umm, pick up the closest object to you then slap yourself with it about one hundred times in the head or until you loose feeling in your body. Halo is the best game of all time, either you only played it for 10 minutes (while in the most boring level, The Library) or you really don't know if you were playing the Halo game, or watching a movie...

Anyway, Bruce Lee would have to be the most dissapointing, but on the list... WWF : RAW. It brought nothing new to the genre and it was SO bad, my XBOX actually CRASHED!
    Last edited by Spartan-XBA; 10-09-2002 at 08:44 PM.

WWF: Raw was nothing revolutionizing indeed.

I'd have to also say Bruce Lee. But on the list I'd say Raw.

But I was really look'n forward to Bruce, when I got it, it was allright, but after an hour or so it just sucked

Raw was a huge letdown. I'm going to boycott Raw 2 when it comes out. I hate paying $85 for a game like Raw. I learned my lesson though. I'm going to rent NHL 2K3 before I buy it.

NBA Inside Drive 2002 should be on the list. No create a player and the game was so dark you need a flashlight to play.

What about Mike Tyson boxing? I heard that was aweful too?

Thread Information