Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post 100 things BAD about Halo

I think we can all tell that ehwfedpres couldn't get past the very beginning of Halo on easy...

Originally posted by HaloMasterVI
    EHWfedPres, if the AI in Halo is so dumb and frag grenades should knock holes in walls and rip off limbs etc...give me a game where grenades do knock holes in walls and rip off limps , or a game with better AI.

How about a game with a physics engine like Halo?
    exactly
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

Thing bad about halo:
    1)multiplayer(on same console ) SUCKS
    2)limited guns to chose from
    3)NOTHING ELSE IS BAD>

Shocked

Originally posted by hiddenagender

1)multiplayer(on same console ) SUCKS
    What the **** does that mean

People I urge you stop saying stupid things. If your not so good at english please go look the words up in a dictionary or something before you post them.

I thank you for your time
    I'm not crazy Hidden Content I'm just slightly retarted Hidden Content

Hello peoples, I'm back from vacation, and after reading the posts, i believe I shall pick back up in the discussion.
    To the person who asked us to name a more efficient AI, I will have to respond by telling you to go pick up any FPS shooter game that involves friendly troops, and see if they are stupid enough to attack YOU in the midst of a fight against the enemy, just because you accidentally shot him.
    Wow, that sentence was really long and confusing, oops.
    I will have to agree with hidden about the non-LAN multiplayer, it is boring as hell.
    I must go bash my head into my xbox now, lates
    Sometimes I think I would like to be named The Prince of Weasels. As the Prince of Weasels, I could sneak up behind people and bite them. Then they would turn around and say, "what the...oh, it's just you the Prince of Weasels."

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Originally posted by HaloMasterVI
    EHWfedPres, if the AI in Halo is so dumb and frag grenades should knock holes in walls and rip off limbs etc...give me a game where grenades do knock holes in walls and rip off limps , or a game with better AI.

How about a game with a physics engine like Halo?

First off, unless walking directly into enemy fire, standing there, then running away, is not considered dumb, then you have me on that one...

Next, since I did say that frag grenades should knock holes in the walls and blow people apart (I said that's what would happen in real life)...anyway, you want a game where grenades blow holes in the walls? Play Red Faction (for the pc of course). You want limbs falling off, play Soldier of Fortune (for the pc). You want a game with a better AI, look yourself. Every video game has dumb computer opponents, every game.

I think perhaps the frag grenades should be a little stronger rather than being nothing more than a flashbang...

Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
    I think we can all tell that ehwfedpres couldn't get past the very beginning of Halo on easy...
    What a mature assumption...im guessing you're 10...maybe 11.

Just because you care so much how far I got in the single player, I beat the whole thing on legendary...and it did not take long at all...which is why Halo would be worse than devil may cry and max payne if it were not for multiplayer.

•Shadow of insanity• Ethereal S. D.'s Avatar

It would still be nice to see a few covenant grunts being gibbed by a frag grenade once in a while

Originally posted by frAn
    Hello peoples, I'm back from vacation, and after reading the posts, i believe I shall pick back up in the discussion.
    To the person who asked us to name a more efficient AI, I will have to respond by telling you to go pick up any FPS shooter game that involves friendly troops, and see if they are stupid enough to attack YOU in the midst of a fight against the enemy, just because you accidentally shot him.
    Wow, that sentence was really long and confusing, oops.
    I will have to agree with hidden about the non-LAN multiplayer, it is boring as hell.
    I must go bash my head into my xbox now, lates
    First off, in Halo, if you shoot your teammates on accident, they never turn on you, it's only when you kill 2 or sometimes more of them.
    Xbox Games I Own...

Halo, Capcom vs. SnK EO , Dead or Alive 3, Splinter Cell, Crazy Taxi 3, Buffy, Max Payne, Unreal Championship, Hitman 2

Games I'm playing most...
    Unreal Championship - LIVE is addictive
    Quake 3 Arena - (pc) play about 5 mins less per day than UC
    Hitman 2

Add me to your frends list if you play Unreal on LIVE, I sold Ghost Recon cause it was simply a hype machine to match SOCOM, instead I opted for something for more ORIGINAL...the first online fighting game EVER in the USA!

Well i'll admit, they do inflich damage, but not nearly enough. It's a grenade for crying out loud...it could blow a hole in the wall and limbs off people
    Well, simply put, it wouldn't, couldn't, and shouldn't. Frag grenades, aka fragmentation grenades, inflict their damage by flinging shrapnel in every direction. This shrapnel is relatively small and would not "Blow holes in walls or limbs off of people", but it would kill. The only time that the grenade would even remotely cause severance to the limbs would be if it was held against one.

However, HE or high explosive grenades would blow limbs off of enemies, since a HE uses sheer concussive force. However, HE grenades still wouldnt blow holes in walls that were reinforced, which nearly every wall in Halo is.

On the damage note, ive found a single frag grenade will kill every enemy in the game except for the Covenant Tank and a Hunter. Elites, Jackals, and Grunts can all be easily killed with one, while killing a Ghost or Banshee with one takes quite a bit of luck, but I have seen it done.

If you hate Halo so badly, and want to blow holes in walls for no apparent reason, please try Red Faction. Im sure you will find it much more enjoyable.

ADDON TO POST:
    It would still be nice to see a few covenant grunts being gibbed by a frag grenade once in a while
    I was just thinking that, if a frag grenade did blow up RIGHT by a grunt, since they have such small limbs you probably would see some severing going on, but I think hearing them scream "Bad Cyborg!" is a good tradeoff

Staying on topic:
    The only bad things I see with Halo are:
    [list=1][*]No Bots (But that would be hard to implement)[*]Only two big multiplayer maps (The Silent Catagropher level should have been a multiplayer level)[*]Lack of a Covenant sniper rifle[*]Lack of banshees in multiplayer (And only two spots in single player for that matter)[/list=1]
    Other than those points, Halo may not be God's gift to gaming but it is definately the best FPS to be released for any console. Nothing else comes close.
    Last edited by OUberLord; 10-23-2002 at 11:36 AM.

Ok then, hold a frag grenade in your hand and see what happens after it explodes...and then go looking for your hand...

Post: Ok then, hold a frag grenade in your hand and see what happens after it explodes...and then go looking for your hand...
    Previously said by me: The only time that the grenade would even remotely cause severance to the limbs would be if it was held against one.
    I uh, already said that, but thanks for trying.

Originally posted by OUberLord

I uh, already said that, but thanks for trying.

so standing over one would only cause a minor scratch?

No standing over a fragmentation grenade would be quite fatal, but it wouldnt be a Hollywood-esque limbs flying everywhere gore-fest either.

Shocked

Well the AI has at least enough inteligence to jump out of the way when a grenade lands near them. But they do have their moments of sheer stupidity when it comes to me accidentally running them over cause they won't move out of the way. So here I am driving my the Scorpion, then i tell the guys to get off and help me fight. After we killed all hostiles in the area, i jump in my tank, all the NPCs run toward me so they can get on. But there is one too many and he doesn't get on but stands right in front of me. I couln't back up cause i was up against a wall and if i turned, i would still kill him.

anyway, you probably know already what happened to him in the end.

granted, that is fairly stupid, but that would be a hard thing to code AI-wise, and the chance of that situation happening by accident is very small.

Actually, it has happened many times to me before. Maybe it`s my driving. Oh well, at least i`m good at running over Covenant almost as well as humans. lol

Default frag grenades

Ok folks, in real life frag grenades have a 5 meter kill radius, which means anyone within five meters in diameter of the blast is KIA (sure there are some exceptions where they don't die) but a huge majority of the time you would be dead. It has a 15 meter casualty radius, which means anyone within 15 meters will sustain some injury, or death. Straight out of the Marine Corps School of Infantry hand book. It ain't gonna blow walls up. But incendiary granades will melt through a couple of inches of metal, now thats somethin I'd like to see in Halo 2!!!

another bad thing...no unlimited grenades in system link...

****** I'm tired of hearing this fanboy ****. Someone give me a straight up answer as to waht is so much better about halo than every other FPS game of its kind ******.
    **** heads.
    BTW-I got one of those controllers that blow cold air...very nice...
    Sometimes I think I would like to be named The Prince of Weasels. As the Prince of Weasels, I could sneak up behind people and bite them. Then they would turn around and say, "what the...oh, it's just you the Prince of Weasels."

Thread Information