Poll: Would you have bought an XBox if Halo didn't exist?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you have bought an XBox if Halo didn't exist?? ... think hard.

Default Would you have bought an XBox if Halo didn't exist?? ... think hard.

So... we see that XBox sales suck ass in Japan and thats because there aren't any good Japanese games.

But here in America, would you have bought an XBox if Halo didn't exist?

Yes. I bought Xbox on the US launch date, and got halo in Febuary, because I didn't like shooting games, until' I got Halo.

if Halo didn't exist, then i probably wouldn't have gotten my Xbox on launch day. But i would probably have gotten my Xbox around this time.....because Shenmue II is around the corner

A Huge,
    YES!!!
    There Is SoOo Much More Than HaLo That XBOX Has To Offer...
    I Love My XBOX & My 16 Games!
    I Would Buy XBOX Again In A Heart Beat...
    Hidden Content ULTRA-VIOLENCE!

At first I didnt even WANT Halo....then after awhile when I got my Xbox, I got smarter
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Of course! I've got 10 times more enjoyment out of stuff like Circus Maximus and Blood Wake than I ever got out of Halo.

Nothing against Halo, it's just not my kind of game.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

I bought the Xbox for many others reasons.
    Back into the world of gaming.

I don't even have 'Halo'. So, that's a yes!

Yes, back in the day, I saw the commercial or the showing of a robot and a woman dancing, the robot was mimicing what the woman did. It was showing the graphical power of the XBOX I think. At the time, TheCovenant and I were absolutely going with the GameCube, because it wa the only thing we knew, and we hoped it would be better than PS2. When we heard all the great things about the XBOX, and that Microsoft was behind it, we were convinced. In one of my older GamePro magazines, they showed Ghost Recon and Battlefield 1942 under the XBOX's name, that jsut encouraged me more. So TheCovenant and I said to each other, WE ARE GOING TO BE PLAYING GHOST RECON WHEN XBOX LAUNCHES!! IT"LL BE THE GREATEST IN THE WORLD!

i didnt really care about halo before xbox came out....i thought it was just another fps...and i dont play fps....untill halo...i got xbox cause i heard it had the best graphics

my parents got me an xbox on christmas and then i found out they had rented halo, i played it and didnt like the controls. i was playing oddworld (another game they rented for me) the rest of the time, ignoring halo.

a couple weeks after that i rented halo to give it a second chance and loved it, i would have gotten my xbox either way.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

YES, without a doubt. The system on it's own is the best console out. PERIOD.

Halo was the 4th game i bought, so go figure.

Yes, I would have. I was immensly looking forward to Fable and still am. The game I wanted at launch was Amped and Halo had some of my attention too but if it didn't exist it wouldn't have made me not buy and xbox. There are too many things that I considered that made me buy an xbox. Heck, Halo really had nothing to do with it.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

wow... I thought more people would have had Halo as their first game. I know I bought it first, and if it weren't for it, I probably wouldn't own any console.

Starving College Student

i wouldnt have gotten it. I'd have probably waited till xbox live launched (ONE MONTH LEFT!)
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

yes.....infact im in the minority that doesnt really like halo, it might be my least played game, well besides dark summit

I saw all the features for Halo about 3-4 months before launch, and it got me really excited about the potential for Halo and for Xbox. When I think about it, Halo was the only reason I chose Xbox over Gamecube with Rare under its belt at the time.

Honestly, if it wasnt for Halo, I would have gotten a Gamecube. But I would have still chosen an Xbox over a PS2. Now that I look back, I'm very happy I got an Xbox, and I'd still keep it even if I didnt have Halo to bring me so much joy.

Originally posted by smack119
    yes.....infact im in the minority that doesnt really like halo, it might be my least played game, well besides dark summit
    lol... I'm glad that it's more played than Dark Summit.

I was all hyped about DOA3 at the time, so yes.
    Last edited by kachingtensor; 10-14-2002 at 10:27 AM.
    Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.
    - Parkinson's Law

Yes. got Xbox for X-mas played Obi Wan all the time. . . . didnt play and get hooked to Halo untilll about febuary i think.
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

Thread Information