Thread: had to format computer, lost beta email, xbox rep via chat said email cant be resent?

Default had to format computer, lost beta email, xbox rep via chat said email cant be resent?

Hello, I had to reformat my computer, losing my XBL beta email. I talked to an xbox rep or whatever using the chat on xbox.com. The guy said they can't resend the email. How else can I purchase the beta kit I?

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

u can't
    looks like your screwed
    sux to be u

btw welcome to xba.

p.s. at least its not much longer till xboxlive goes public.

How would reformating pc effect emails you saved? If the beta kit was important to you, you should have done anything possible to make sure you got your kit like the rest of us before deleting everything on your computer.

H-I-T-E-R........NO L! hiter101's Avatar

Default Re: had to format computer, lost beta email, xbox rep via chat said email cant be resent?

Originally posted by an0nym0u5
    Hello, I had to reformat my computer, losing my XBL beta email. I talked to an xbox rep or whatever using the chat on xbox.com. The guy said they can't resend the email. How else can I purchase the beta kit I?
    wtf??? how will reformating ur computer effect the server where ur email was stored i smell something fishy here
    Heaven Won't Take Me And Hell Is Afraide I'll Take Over

Hidden Content

"He LIved By His Word And He Died For His Word" Rip DZ

Hidden Content

Gamerscore Whore

Emails once sent cannot be resent as DZ said. Sorry man, you are out of luck. Only 4 weeks til official launch anyhow.

Member on the run

Default Re: Re: had to format computer, lost beta email, xbox rep via chat said email cant be resent?

Originally posted by hiter101

wtf??? how will reformating ur computer effect the server where ur email was stored i smell something fishy here
    Nothin' fishy about it! If the dude was using Outlook, then yeah, he could very well be screwed. If he was using hotmail or yahoo or somethin' like that then it's another story.

No, if he had some skills he could of booted into DOS, yes that's right, DOS and just copied all his .*PST files to a floppy. WHALLLAH, outlook is saved.

About the server, well some people don't leave copies on the server, in reality this is not a default setting. But still, he could recover his Outlook mail very easily had he not done the ole'

format c: /s
    ****HONDA ROCKS****

Sleeping

why didnt you click the link when you got it. Then you could have bookmarked the page.

THE REAL BOSS

Originally posted by plpkb
    why didnt you click the link when you got it. Then you could have bookmarked the page.
    Formatting also kills bookmarks So it would have been lost either way.
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Originally posted by netranger6
    No, if he had some skills he could of booted into DOS, yes that's right, DOS and just copied all his .*PST files to a floppy. WHALLLAH, outlook is saved.
    Even with your kickass booting to dos skills (haha), you forget you can just export all your messages from Outlook or even then just use windows explorer.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

DRE, that is true, but I was under the impression he had to format because his OS became corrupted, I mean why else right? If this is the assumption, then booting to dos on a floppy would have saved his archived Emails, if he so had the criteria selected to autoarchive every so often. Would have been a chance.
    ****HONDA ROCKS****

Thread Information