Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting story...might be long

blub blub blub

Post Interesting story...might be long

Hi folks, just registered here to relay this story to all of you. Seeing that just 3 weeks ago I decided to get an xbox, I have been actively seeking out demo kiosks in my area to see one in action. Found one in a mall about 20 miles from me, walked in at 8:00PM and it was turned off. I asked the clerk if they could turn it on to see it and they said "the company policy is that it has to be turned off at 7PM". Hmm, that's odd because the PS2 demo was running (with a flat screen PC monitor..hahaha). He stated it caused so much havoc when it was running that they must shut it down at 7. Then he proceeds to launch into a tirade about how bad the graphics are on a TV and he cancelled his order and that I should buy a PS2 instead. Well, I quickly pointed out that the demo box HAD a tv attached to it, then he says "thats a microsoft tv, built just for the xbox". How ridiculous!!! Lie number 1.

Then he says the graphics will look bad if you don't use s-video or the hi-res adapter. Anything looks better with s-video for sure, however, I pointed out that the graphics chip in the xbox does full screen anti-aliasing full time so every game run has smooth edges. He said that wasn't true, only if you use the s-video cable will it look nice. Lie number 2.

He said he played Madden extensively and that the controller really blows. His poor fingers couldn't hit the buttons right and kept pushing the wrong ones. Well, any new controller will take a bit of time to get used to but after a little while you'll get the hang of it. Obviously this guy is an idiot and couldn't have played the game "extensively". Lie number 3.

I told him I was a PC gamer and this would be my first console. Well that brought a flood of standard FUD regarding the keyboard/mouse vs game controller. So I notified him that I have a Gravis Xterminator gamepad for my computer and that the xbox controller is quite similar and I don't see a problem with it at all. He basically said I was out of my mind and would hate the controls of the xbox.

Here comes the biggest lie....He said "the japanese launch of the xbox was such a failure that stores are refusing to sell them and they are sending them back to microsoft". WHAT???? I think this guy needs to stop hitting that pipe so hard. I don't think there is a date for Japan yet, but it's irrelavent anyway. After almost laughing in the poor schmuck's face, he continued on the diatribe about how it will fail, nobody will buy them and people are cancelling their orders left and right. Lies, lies and more lies.

The store was GameStop BTW, and come Monday I'm calling the store manager and possibly the regional manager to notify them that their little employee is spreading outrageous lies and trying his hardest to discourage the xbox. If he don't like the xbox, fine, but don't lie about things, ya know?

I really hope I can snag an xbox on Thursday...I believe I can because 2 stores in my area didn't take preorders and aren't really promoting it much. I'm crossing fingers and praying anyway..

He actually said Japanese launch was a failure? Well that may actually be true, IF IT HAD EVEN BEEN RELEASED IN JAPAN YET! I find that VERY amusing, I don't see why anybody working at a game store would discourage somebody from buying any console...isn't their job to make a sale?
    Hidden Content

What the world, needs now, is love, sweet love!

Is it just me or is something up with this GameStop place? This is like the sixth story I've read tonight where GameStop employees have been slamming X-box, and done the 'ol unplug the kiosk - promote the PS2 business... I hope it's just total random coincidence, but man... seems like an awful lot of people are trying to be swayed intentionally this season to buy specifically the PS2 over X-Box...

~

eLoup
    Seattle

I think its just jealous PS2 boys. There is 1 out of 4 different employees at my Funcoland that will talk straight up about hte Xbox and not dis it unsubstantiated. Its just the guys who "had" loved there PS2's feel left behind and are trying to defend it.

LOL That is pathetic, wouldnt u like to pick up their playstation2 and just shove it down their throat?

Azimiza-XBA

Here's another story, I was at Funcoland one time and I started teling this guy about the Xbox and how it was a better buy over PS2 and I started telling him about all the games and developer support and the people working at Funcoland were all PS2 fanboys. When I asked for a application, they straight up told me, "Sorry, no Xbox fans allowed." Ah well, I called the regional manager and got their asses fired. I got offered the job but didn't take it, I didn't wanna make a sell on PS2s. I'll go back after the Xbox releases so I can sell those like hotcakes.

heres 2 storys 1 at toys r us and one at gamestop

i called toys r us to see if there xboxes where sold out becuse i hadent reserved one and the guy tells me this "you dont whant the xbox man the graphics suck you whant the gamecube and those WONT be sold out ever even on release date the gamecube has so much power over xbox and it was really big hit in japan " so then i tell the guy ...........ok........ but the only way ill buy a gamecube is if i cant find an xbox anywhere and even after that im still buying an xbox on xmas

now heres one at gamestop a.k.a babbges here for some odd reason anyways i go in the store the xboxes are turned off 3 store guys come up and tell me how the graphics suck and how it will be another dreamcast and such then they tell me that they unpluged it becuse they whanted SOME people to buy it and that everyone who played it then said it sucked also that everyone is cancceling there preorders and told me to buy a ps2 or a gamecube becuse they had Way better graphics and alot more power than xbox and that xbox was not even a counsel that it was just a computer put in a counsel case with a new os that all they did was take a regular mother board and modify it to fit inside of that case and they put there own os in it they told me to check xbox.com and youll see where it says intell chip and the nvida chip and all

now the same thing has happened to me at ALL the eb world and gamestop stores i have been to but the one up top they dident know i knew the manager personaly becuse i always come every week the manager told me that they had been told to do that by the company and that alot of managers are getting ****ed not so much at toys r us stores but it will happen in a funco land or ebworld aka gamestop and such this i know personally becuse i was looking for a store that had xbox and guess where I found it in a little store in a backwash part of the mall next to two food shops and they where the only ones that dident say crap like the xbox sucked and crap they actualy told me how cool it was and the guy personaly took an xbox out of one of dem brown boxes and put it in a spot in the store for me to pick up nov 15th
    "'Twas the day before beta,
    And all through the code
    Not a **** thing was working...
    Not even god mode."

blub blub blub

Well, it sure sounds like Gamestop is really trying to play down the xbox...maybe they're trying to avoid a crush of people on Nov 15th, but it is odd that other people are relating similar stories. I don't get it. All I know is that I'm lining up at 2AM to be one of the first 10-20 in the door Nov 15, and walking out with one. Finally got to see it today...wow...my 1.2 GHZ Geforce3 PC suddenly looked weak....I almost drooled on the kid playing it.

Some people are just PS2 ***s which we cant help. What a shame.
    - Kiz

The battle that will end all battles begins on November 15. One system will rise above the rest.......... Xbox

My Xbox game purchases:
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

I hate that **** 'Microsoft' TV the xbox demos are played on. They are awefull. They give the xbox no justice whatsoever. I had that exact same TV, microsoft just glued a piece of plastic over 'Panasonic'. I just recently took that TV back to costco, the colors were horrific.
    Oregon State

Isn't there a way we could alert MS and let them know about the crappy distributors out there? This all sounds illegal as hell, and somebody needs to lose their job, now!
    ****HONDA ROCKS****

I think it might be to stop the rush. The one by house only had the xbox running and they didnt say anything bad to me about it. they were wearing how ever game cube stuff. I think they are trying to push P2 because some many people are selling back there systems and that they are probably backed up big time with inventory for them... GC just might not have enough preorders sold to make quota
    Taliesin of "Omega Squad"

Games owned; GR, GRIT, Outlaw Volleyball, 2K3, Fever 2002, Matrix, Commandos, Halo, Splinter Cell, Brute Force, Fuzion Frezy, PGR, Tiger Woods 2003, Tetris Worlds, Crimson Skies

Waiting for; Links 2004, Rainbow 6, Counter Strike, Ninja Gaiden,

Default I....

I played the XBOX at target and i don't think its any better then psx2 ....graphics anyway ??? i was gonna get a game cube do you think i should get the xbox ?
    SETH WHAT GEAR WERE U IN MAN ?

first what game did you play was it on the demo 1.0?
    Taliesin of "Omega Squad"

Games owned; GR, GRIT, Outlaw Volleyball, 2K3, Fever 2002, Matrix, Commandos, Halo, Splinter Cell, Brute Force, Fuzion Frezy, PGR, Tiger Woods 2003, Tetris Worlds, Crimson Skies

Waiting for; Links 2004, Rainbow 6, Counter Strike, Ninja Gaiden,

Not Quite Merridian, Idaho - And YES the potatos are fine lol... no I'm not a hick, I'm a Californian who had to move here... LOL

Oh ye of little brain.... are u trying to get flamed or something saying something like that in an XBOX forum... dang man... u are stupid....

p.s. go with xbox... then buy gamecube... and then maybe a ps2 if u really really want one....
    IusedtobeschizophrenicbutIwenttothedoctor...We'reOKnow.
    HeydontsayImcrazy!!!9outofthe10voicesinmyheadtellmeimsane...
    Bytheway,I'mdylsexic...butIfindthathiralious...soitsOK.

I wonder if Sony is offering sales spiffs to employees with each PS2 sale? It would make sense, and many companies have been known to do it. I think PS2 will be dropping in price soon. I know PS2 sales are hurting big time right now. Up until just recently the stores around here only had a few PS2's at a time, but since the Xbox and GC demos have been out, the PS2 stocks are plump full each time I go into the stores, there just not moving them. Why would someone buy the PS2 when right next to it they see the awesome graphics of the Xbox and GC and its only a few weeks away? I think its store incentives causing some of the bad sales reps attitude, that and the PS2 fanboys feel miffed. As for Gamecube preorders, the Software ETC. store said they didn't start picking up till the Xbox orders were backed up till mid December.

Duh...what do you think?
    The xbox will change the art of gaming for all time Plus, the gamecube discs offer less memory, which could present developers with a HUGE problem in the future.

Maybe the guyz at GameStop are bein threatened by the Japanese mafia! LOL!

But why would they do sumthin stupid like that, I mean they can give u their opinion but to try so hard to discourage u from buyin it, is far beyond the point!

One guy at EB was quesitonin why I was gettin PGR and not DOA3, and I said that I NEED a racing game and he said "Good Point" and he didn't pursue his opinion of me gettin DOA3!

Well this isnt true with all GameStops. I went to one in the Houston/Pasadena area and the store was COVERED with xbox stuff. They had a huge wall with the controllers and they had box art of future games like Bruce Lee and Max Payne. And behind their registers? More controllers, games, and memory cards. I bought 2 controllers an rf adapter and a magazine. They had trouble scanning the magazine (by the way they had NFL Fever running on the demo which was the only one you could play, no ps2 or gc demo) After waiting for them to make the magazine scan (15 minutes) they apolgized for the inconvenience. I replied "No man, thats cool, im going to come back and shop here for my Xbox games because you guys arent like GameCrazy by Gulf Pointe 30, you didnt trash what i was purchasing" they replied that they would never trash the xbox.

So im all hell yeah!
    Im coming back to that store for all XBox stuff.
    Screw GameCrazy in Houston Texas located at 11615 W SAM HOUSTON PKY E and their Anti Xbox butts!!

Hey administrators! lets make a sticky thread where you can list any anti xbox stores so that they dont make a dime off our beloved system.

Not Quite Merridian, Idaho - And YES the potatos are fine lol... no I'm not a hick, I'm a Californian who had to move here... LOL

yeah i can vouche for bomb there... my gamespot place seems to try and sell all the systems just like they should
    IusedtobeschizophrenicbutIwenttothedoctor...We'reOKnow.
    HeydontsayImcrazy!!!9outofthe10voicesinmyheadtellmeimsane...
    Bytheway,I'mdylsexic...butIfindthathiralious...soitsOK.

Thread Information