Thread: My Home Setup: Help Me

Default My Home Setup: Help Me

lets see friggin again if this will work:

HINT: TO READ THE WORDS EXPAND THE BOX THAT PIC COMES UP IN!!

My Q's: How i change that phoneline to USB to some sort of phoneline to ethernet thing. 2) can i use 2 routers in the same home network if i feel like it so i dont gotta fool with the wiring in my mother's room? 3) easier to run a 50 foot cable from room to room across hall or use that confusing ethernet bridge *****. 4) which you reccomend and why 5) please, if possible either mail me @ Volpride@midsouth.rr.com or Murray7287@cs.com (for another month) IF POSSIBLE, PLEASE INCLUDE A PICTURE OF THE NEW SETUP WAY!! HELP APPRECIATED!! TREAT OTHERS HOW YOU WANT TO BE TREATED!!

you can't use a phone line period. All cat-5's only. what are you trying to set up by the way, xbox live, xbconnect...?

yes you can cause im using it ive read stuff where it says cat 5 cable only uses 2 of the inner cords anyway can i use two routers?? XBox Live by the way

CAT 5 is a quality of cabling, which protects the integrity of the signal sent down the cable.

There are options out there that allow the power sockets to be used instead of phone lines to join up places.

Try this link first, and look from here.....

CNET Hardware review

dude, wheres your xbox in that pic? you gotta connect your xbox. and only 2 ethernet cables wont do it. you need 3. 1 for your computer, 1 for the xbox, and 1 for the cable modem

Originally posted by XboxLiveOwner
    yes you can cause im using it ive read stuff where it says cat 5 cable only uses 2 of the inner cords anyway can i use two routers?? XBox Live by the way
    No you can't use phone line to obtain the speed that CAT-5e will deliver. If you could do it, then why would they bother to make CAT-5 cable?????

Cat 5 uses all the wires in there....the crossover only uses 4 wires...and are putting DSL in? Then you can get away with using the phone jack, I think.

Default Re: My Home Setup: Help Me

Originally posted by XboxLiveOwner
    lets see friggin again if this will work:

That is the craziest set up I've ever seen!

Thread Information