Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unreal Championship vs. Halo

Alien Unreal Championship vs. Halo

i dunno guys, but i was watching a video of the gameplay to UC nd it really didn't exciteme as much. maybe its cuz i never really played the series but to me HALO seems alot more fun. im still debating on buying UC.what do you guys think?
    -JYNX-
    SHUTITUP!

bust a nut

im still gonna buy UC when it comes out

Definitely getting UC and Mechassault (donna bout Ghost Recon yet) for Live. Unless you play Halo on Xboxconnect or Gamespy then UC's multiplayer should beat Halo hands down. Reasons:

More maps.....35ish
    Bots...up to 12
    More weapon variety IMO
    Several players to choose from each different races, attributes.
    Taunting and LOTS more blood
    Downloadable content (maps, skins, and let's hope vehicles)
    Bombing Run
    Voice communication

Can't wait for this!!!

Alien good point

whoa i didn't know it had all of those features. i guessimma get it then.
    -JYNX-
    SHUTITUP!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

To my understanding, I hear that all of us insane Halo gamers practically have to "unlearn" Halo and learn the controls of Unreal Championship. Kinda like being deprogrammed and programmed again.

Personally, I can't wait for UC...I've had my eye on it for nearly a year now. I'm practically in denial that it's coming out!

The idea of it coming has moved me....or was that just my bowels?

I admit that Halo multiplayer is fun, but it's not anything new, really...
    I mean, I guess some people get spoiled on online gaming, but feel better, because XBL will be the first time I'll get to play anything besides starcraft online at home...
    And please don't reply to this message with any of that "cry me a river" scheisse, or "do you want some cheese with that whine". I already feel sorry for myself
    Sometimes I think I would like to be named The Prince of Weasels. As the Prince of Weasels, I could sneak up behind people and bite them. Then they would turn around and say, "what the...oh, it's just you the Prince of Weasels."

I can't wait for UC either. I'm gettin' it for sure. As for Mechassault...well let's just say i've never liked Mech games. I'll take Ghost Recon over it for sure, specially for the debut of LIVE. WOW I'M EXCITED!!!
    "That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the f*ck*ng way she goes."

"TCM -- Forever Gunnin' For The Best; To The First 4"

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Originally posted by studepaber

Bots...up to 12
    I know all about how UC's single player is just deathmatches alone against bots, but what about multiplayer bots, like 007 games, not this co-op crap, save that for tactical shooters like Ghost Recon...

Anyway, are you sure there will be up to 12 bots in MULTIPLAYER? As in you and a friend vs. 10 bots, etc?

UC multiplayer will be 100% better.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    To my understanding, I hear that all of us insane Halo gamers practically have to "unlearn" Halo and learn the controls of Unreal Championship. Kinda like being deprogrammed and programmed again.
    If this is true I will be very upset. I really think Halo has the best controls, and Brute Force will also have Halo controls. I'll still get the game but I dunno if it will be better than Halo IMO

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    How much different cant it possibly be? move and strafe with left stick, correct? Look (aim) with right, shoot with right trigger, how much different can it possibly be?

Alien controls

if the controls are gonna be crappy im gonna hate UC.i find the HALO config the best. but im willing to bet ghost recon has halo controllers.that's one game i preordered. does UC have any vehicles?
    -JYNX-
    SHUTITUP!

Default Re: controls

Originally posted by JYNX
    does UC have any vehicles?
    -JYNX-

No.

They were taken out because they did not fit the gameplay, and besides, they had no weapons, they were just going to be fats modes of transportation, so we're not missing anything.

This is what i have to say
    1) get ut2003
    Main reason
    BECAUSE IF U HAVE A XBOX AND DONOT HAVE HALO U HAVE A MENTAL PROBLEM

xbox was made for halo.DARN microsoft for making it for PC noooooooooooooooo.........

But i would get it and SHENMUE II
    YES THOSE ARE GREAT>

Originally posted by hiddenagender
    xbox was made for halo.
    Actually, Halo was made for the Xbox...

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    UC multiplayer will be 100% better.

doubt it
    UC is more of a faSt paced button masher compared to Halo
    fun, no doubt, but there wont be as much startagy involved

com'n EHW come flame me because i think Halo's multiplayer wont be beat untill Halo2
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

Yea I agree, I will not believe that UC will beat Halo in MP. I played UT2003 and found it more of a major button masher than a strategic game. Hell I will probably still be playing Halo when XBL is out.

all comes down to the speed of the games tho. halo is alot slower paced then unreal.

folks who have only played halo but never unreal or quake might not like it. in halo you can snipe a guy across the map. mostly because when people move they arent going that fast, its pretty easy to do so most people try. you can do some tactical/strategic/sneaky things. in unreal, people move alot faster.. its harder to snipe someone moving 2x+ faster then they are in halo. since things move alot faster it just ends up being a run as fast as you can, get the biggest best gun you can, then kill as much before the other team can.

its hard to type them out but if you were to play both games back to back you would understand completly.

will it beat halos MP? i dunno, i dont really like the fast paced thing.. it some times gets me dizzy and sick thats why i like rogue spear/r6/halo type multi, slower paced action thats just as fun. but if it doesnt get me dizzy, it should be fun.

Yes, UC's MP is a lot different from Halo's. You can carry all the guns on the map, and when you pick up a gun., it stays there so everyone can pick up the gun at the same time. Much faster, its more of who can maneuver in the air, because of the double jump. Also, in UT2K3, there is adrenaline, which lets you do a number of things, including running much faster, becoming invisible, and gaining 5 life back every few seconds. Much different game.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I was reading a ton about Unreal Championship and the levels are so sweet!! The vast majority of levels are so different from eachother and the strategies make this game seem unbelievable! Graphically, the game is supberb...I can't wait for this game!

I'm not sure exactly how the controls are going to be compared to Halo, but, I'm quite certain that they are not going to be exact. Yes, I'm sure the movement of your character will be similar...straffing and all that jazz...but, reloading weapons, jumping and the rest of the button configurations are supposedly quite different. To my understanding, the entire premise is supposed to be different with this game.

The action is fast paced, yes. Strategy is not going to be a common thing in Unreal Championship because it moves so fast... You almost won't have time to think, as I understand. This is supposed to be a blood and gore masterpiece filled with unparralled carnage. Unreal Championship is all about killing and seeing who can earn the highest body count in the end. CTF should be interesting, too...but, the literature I read seemed to discuss the deathmatch modes and the bombing run features.

One of the levels I saw was in the snow...the format seemed basic...two bases seperated by a bridge. Graphically, it looked mouth watering...I just can't wait to see this game in action...I have high hopes for this one!

Thread Information