Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: splinter cell, amazing game(should be,but WHY!

Default splinter cell, amazing game(should be,but WHY!

on th e pc?!
    the hell microsft let ubi soft to port it so fast to the pc, there will be no impact on the sales of the box if the only title that suppose to come to the holiday season and be a amazing, is already ported to pc!, nobody will buy the xbox version!

microsoft is green in this business..

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

where did you hear it was coming to the pc?

Splinter Cell will be a good game the first 1 or 2 times you play it, but it will get old too fast unless theres something that bumps up the replay value alot.

Default to be exect..

after a week or so the pc version will be out, now tell me guys why the HELL!!! people will buy this game on the box?! ah? not only that it suppose to be xbox special game and only for the box...true it's only for the box and only for the pc....

Default Re: to be exect..

Originally posted by odpr
    after a week or so the pc version will be out, now tell me guys why the HELL!!! people will buy this game on the box?! ah? not only that it suppose to be xbox special game and only for the box...true it's only for the box and only for the pc....
    reasons:

A) not everyone uses a PC to play games
    B) some peope actually PREFER XBOX to PC to play games (no insalling, you can lay back on your couch, bigger TV, ect)
    Many more reasons also

Case in Point...MORROWIND. That game selled rather well on PC AS WELL AS ON XBOX.

Default Re: Re: to be exect..

Originally posted by symposiumx

reasons:

A) not everyone uses a PC to play games
    B) some peope actually PREFER XBOX to PC to play games (no insalling, you can lay back on your couch, bigger TV, ect)
    Many more reasons also

Case in Point...MORROWIND. That game selled rather well on PC AS WELL AS ON XBOX.

Doing certain things on the PC Morrowind took time, but doing the same thing on the Xbox version took the press of a button...alot easier.
    It's also easier to control the Xbox version of Morrowind than it is to control the PC version.

Default Re: Re: Re: to be exect..

Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Doing certain things on the PC Morrowind took time, but doing the same thing on the Xbox version took the press of a button...alot easier.
    It's also easier to control the Xbox version of Morrowind than it is to control the PC version.
    Also very good points!!

I predict Splinter Cell for XBOX will sell ENORMOUSLY well. This game will be a must buy for MANY MANY gamers on XBOX. This type of game is really what the XBOX needs to strengthen their gaming base.
    Just loko at what Metal Gear did for Sony...and Splinter cell is looking to be Metal Gear and then some.

It sin't the only "big seller" coming out this season. In fact it is one out of many.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Default Re: to be exect..

1. Highend PC 1,200$$+ VS Xbox 160$$
    2. Contoller vibration
    3. PC ports always have more bugs
    4. Sound
    5. Double analog control allows full targeting control and movement. With the PC you just have one or the other
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    It sin't the only "big seller" coming out this season. In fact it is one out of many.

November alone has more games coming out that i really want to get than the entire rest of the year had...and i wanted alot of games this year...

Default no no..

u have to understand that in order to make the user base of the xbox bigger ms need to get games only for the box, this amazing game is also for the pc, so tell me if u were to buy a console for this game, now u would not do it cuz there is the pc version.

and metal gear solid as far as I know isn't for the pc, and it's not planing to be on the pc.

so what is left for the xbox this holiday season? what it has to offer that ps two doesn't?

a good platfromer? blink failed big time, splinter cell? already on pc, hit man two? already on pc.... any ideas ? ? ?

Default Re: no no..

so what is left for the xbox this holiday season? what it has to offer that ps two doesn't?

a good platfromer? blink failed big time, splinter cell? already on pc, hit man two? already on pc.... any ideas ? ? ?

Well, you got us. The Xbox has only 3 games coming out this holiday season, so i guess we're screwed.

Do you have a link to back this issue up odpr?

Default a link to what ?

a splinter cell coming to the pc? ? u can see it on every site...

second, about blinx failing, do I need to tell u the sales of this game, and the reviews he got? (from normal sites, don't give me Ign which get excited from ****..and always give games good score..)

hit man two on pc? u can see that in ur store ( I live in israel and saw it.. I guess u can find it somewhere in the stat e)

and for the games that coming this holiday seson? welp, if u have other amazing games that I don't know of, and suppose to come this holiday season please, tell me ,I will be gla ... to know..

btw ( I would recommand to go and read what game spot has to say on vice city , , still not a review but according to what they say..welp go and read..)

Default Re: a link to what ?

a splinter cell coming to the pc? ? u can see it on every site...

second, about blinx failing, do I need to tell u the sales of this game, and the reviews he got? (from normal sites, don't give me Ign which get excited from ****..and always give games good score..)

hit man two on pc? u can see that in ur store ( I live in israel and saw it.. I guess u can find it somewhere in the stat e)

and for the games that coming this holiday seson? welp, if u have other amazing games that I don't know of, and suppose to come this holiday season please, tell me ,I will be gla ... to know..

btw ( I would recommand to go and read what game spot has to say on vice city , , still not a review but according to what they say..welp go and read..)
    Who gives a crap about gamesite's reviews? What make that whackjob's opinion better than anyone else's? They give good original games crap ratings and give madden a 9 every year when its nearly the same thing as last year's make, so i think we can all see that gamesite's reviews mean shyt.

Also, people dont buy blinx cause its a crappy game. The inverted X Axis is the dumbest thing ever, and the gameplay is pretty boring. Plus, most Xbox fans would rather blow something up than run around playing with a cat or something.

ODpr, why is almost every post you make negative, do us a favor set your Xbox next to a bus stop and get it over with, or at least try to have a positive outlook on it, your complaining about the untold future, Splinter Cell will sell Millions based on Hype alone,
    Wadical Dwagons! *quote from random game nerd in an arcade when I was a kid in the 80's*

Default Re: no no..

u have to understand that in order to make the user base of the xbox bigger ms need to get games only for the box, this amazing game is also for the pc, so tell me if u were to buy a console for this game, now u would not do it cuz there is the pc version.

and metal gear solid as far as I know isn't for the pc, and it's not planing to be on the pc.

Shenmue 2, Phantasy Star, and those two fighting games
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

XBL is very important for the XBOX (and to us gamers) , not only is it taking gaming to a new level, but also it will help sell the XBOX this holiday (and before)

also...yes, XBOX only games are important, But these also take MORE time and effort to perfect.

dont fret, Xbox will be fine.

Default ...

Originally posted by Slacker
    ODpr, why is almost every post you make negative, do us a favor set your Xbox next to a bus stop and get it over with, or at least try to have a positive outlook on it, your complaining about the untold future, Splinter Cell will sell Millions based on Hype alone,
    well, no not every post I write is negetive, what I do is give people a objective view on the stuff, and not getting excited from every little thing, I see the big picture, and yes splinter cell will see millions, I am going to buy one myself, but I don't see other people by xbox for this game, and the reason is becasue it's on the pc as well, what I do see is people buying ps two more, just because of vice city, and no I don't think that ps two is better it's a very low end machine that I really don't know why on earth peple buy, with no doubt if rockstar would haveprogram for the xbox every one was happy..

This point wa already made. The xbox is way cheaper to buy than a PC. Not everyone has a highend pc capable of running this game. Heck, not everybody has a computer. Therefor if they want an xbox or have one they will get it on xbox. Metal Gear Solid was on PC. Stop complaining about xbox. I is fine and will be fine. Every console company loses money on Hardware. You cannot have one game that sells a system. Media, and Pop Culture hype is what sells to the general public. Leave xbo alone, it is cool.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Default Re: Re: no no..

Originally posted by Bigwig

Shenmue 2, Phantasy Star, and those two fighting games
    those 2 were already out a year ago on another console.

the 2 fighting games are unknown, and wont sell unless it goes into the arcade and gets good press.

I agree that Xbox needs actual "Exclusives."
    I mean, I have a horrible PC a Celeron366, but if a game is released on PC, I will get the PC one, because the game is cheaper, and because there is always someone you know that can play it (my sister has a 1.8Ghz computer). All the people that have PS2 that I know will do the same, "I wont get an Xbox, I can get it on PC!"
    Hidden Content
    add, confirm, corrections, PM me

Thread Information