First off I play many games because I work at gamestop and "rent out" games all the time. So Ive played about every game on xbox and consider myself a good reviewer Ive wanted this game for a while but you guys brang my hopes down and I wasn't expecting as much, thankfully I was wrong!!

THE ULITIMATE REVIEW

#1 THE STORY
starting up the game you are introduced to a video clip in story mode. It shows two of the timespliters (if there called that) trying to stop these monsters in the begging because they have been destroying the world. but right before they kill all the monsters they shatter the crystal into 10 pieces and throw them into a warp.

I thought it was a great clip and really got me into the mood of the game.

9/10

#2 GAMEPLAY
Controls are not as tight as they could be (halo) but they are still justifiable. after 2 hours of play they became second nature. people need to stop complaining. Not every game can be a halo. this game is still a high caliber game. the enemys through story mode are decent on normal but on hard they dodge duck etc....
they have pretty decent AI. just as good as red faction.
NOW WHAT SHINESSSSSS IS THE INCREDIBLE ARCADE MODE!! It plays so much like UNREAL! yes I said it,plays like unreal. It is fast, the weapons are incredible and the quick decesions have to be made.
try playing with 10 enemys running aroud trying to attack you.

story 8.6/10
Arcade 9.5/10

#3 THE WEAPONS

Let me be the first to tell you this game has the most incredible weapons and surpasses halo. It is up there with unreal.
there are classics like lugers and shotguns. then theres like 4 different missle launchers. guns that shoot lasers that bounce off walls, guns that can charge up. if your looking for it....it has it
10/10

#4 Graphics
so they dont have the most incredible bump mapping or the best textures created.......Does that stop a game from being good when the graphics are still above decent? It doesnt make you saw "WOW" but it wont make you say "wtf?!" Im past the graphics cause they dont look horrible and the animations are incredible!
8.3/10

#5 MAP MAKER
imagine a great map maker now imagine being able to change the lights in rooms, adding guns, health packs different tiles different shapes, 5 levels!, dozens of bots and a option for begginer or advance!
and when i saw an option for begginer an advance you will be thankful. you will easily have to master the begginer b4 you even touch advance. the advance gives you many options! anything you could posibly thing off! not joking! I spent 3 hours messing with it and still havent touch all the options!
10/10

#6 MULTIPLAYER
OH MY FREEKIN LORD!!!!! play this game with 2 xbox's and 8 controllers like I did and you will collapse of excitment. the ability to create levels expands this even more. kills any other multiplayer game to come out. at the same level as unreal easily!

10/10

OVERALL thoughts

If you expect a cinematic game with absolute graphics get halo.
If you want a game that is barely a step below with better multiplayer and better options get timesplitters. you wont regret it.
OVERALL SCORE

9.3/10