Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Surprise Hit for the XBOX has arrived (DEATHROW)

Default The Surprise Hit for the XBOX has arrived (DEATHROW)

After reading 7 or so reviews that have given this game a 9 or above, I knew it had something special.

So after waiting for the "BIG BOYS" to review the game....... IGN just posted their review.

The Verdict: a 9.3!!!!

"DEATHROW IS MUST-OWN THIS HOLIDAY SEASON" -IGN

'NOUGH SAID

-Borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

cool
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Owned And Operated by Yours Truely

RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

lol, i was going to say cool too..

I know even heard of this game..what's it about?

WHY, you got to give more to the point info on this game. I read a thread that said its going to be a system link game SO xbc will support it??????? Also, what type of game is it? RPG, FPS, ACTION, FIGHTER?
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

its like a violent sports game wher you have a team of 3 i belive and theres a disk and you have yo get it in the other teams goal theres a lot of stuff to unlock 130 charactors total 32 arenas and much more.. im picking this game up on the 22nd

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Humm, Deathrow has arrived?

*checks date*

Nope, not the 23rd yet, try again.

Although the game will kick such a huge áss.

http://deathrow.ubi.com

Can soneone who has IGN Insider please copy and paste the review here? It would be greatly appreciated.

Is it out? I am supposed to be getting it within a couple of days it comes out.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    Is it out? I am supposed to be getting it within a couple of days it comes out.
    No its not out, it comes out the 23rd...or at leats it ships on the 22nd, so it should be in your stores the next day.

Can soneone who has IGN Insider please copy and paste the review here? It would be greatly appreciated.

Why would anyone buy this unless there is always friends over ? This game doesn't support live. Booooo urns.

Originally posted by KviK
    Why would anyone buy this unless there is always friends over ? This game doesn't support live. Booooo urns.

Halo dosent support XBL, so why did everyone buy that? get you head out of your anus and think clearly.

Because halo has single player. LOL this game isn't meant single player, the splitscreen is bad in deathrow, you need a big tv or else its gonna suck.

I know you're next reply will be flaming or whatever, you're 1 of those people who will try anything to defend their game.

Originally posted by KviK
    Because halo has single player. LOL this game isn't meant single player, the splitscreen is bad in deathrow, you need a big tv or else its gonna suck.

I know you're next reply will be flaming or whatever, you're 1 of those people who will try anything to defend their game.

I think you and some other people need to realize that not every multiplayer game will support Xbox live, but that does not mean it will suck. I suppose if there was no XBL that you would like this game more?

Oh yeah, Halo's single player is pathetic.

Presentation
    Tons of teams, arenas, players, fighting moves, and curse words. Could have used some bigger end-game celebrations and fanfare, but solid overall. 9.0

Graphics
    Great lighting and amazing textures blend with fluid animations and some smrt arena designs. 8.0

Sound
    Great use of 5.1 and of course, all those swear words. Broken bones, the F-word, and customizable soundtracks. Yum! 9.0

Gameplay
    Easy controls and subtle depth that will have you playing and learning for weeks and even months. If only there was online play. 9.0

Lasting Appeal
    A ton to unlock. Just the single-player alone will take a serious chunk of hours. Throw in a solid multiplayer experience and this game may never end. 10.0

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 9.3

Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
    Presentation
    Tons of teams, arenas, players, fighting moves, and curse words. Could have used some bigger end-game celebrations and fanfare, but solid overall. 9.0

Graphics
    Great lighting and amazing textures blend with fluid animations and some smrt arena designs. 8.0

Sound
    Great use of 5.1 and of course, all those swear words. Broken bones, the F-word, and customizable soundtracks. Yum! 9.0

Gameplay
    Easy controls and subtle depth that will have you playing and learning for weeks and even months. If only there was online play. 9.0

Lasting Appeal
    A ton to unlock. Just the single-player alone will take a serious chunk of hours. Throw in a solid multiplayer experience and this game may never end. 10.0

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 9.3

Thankx man

But could you post the complete review?

check your PM in a sec

can you send it to me too?

thanks
    borka105

btw, the person who said this game has no single player.. YOU'RE wrong, ign said "the singple player alone will take a chunk of hours", god I hate when people just post stuff without doing the research.

Originally posted by borka105
    can you send it to me too?

thanks
    borka105

btw, the person who said this game has no single player.. YOU'RE wrong, ign said "the singple player alone will take a chunk of hours", god I hate when people just post stuff without doing the research.

I believe the person was trying to say that the game was not meant to have a strong single player, and that it was meant for multiplayer...kind of like Halo.

I know, and he is wrong. The game has a very strong single player. 'Nough so that you can never play multiplayer with this title, but be satisfied enough with only the single player.

-Borka105

IGN gave Deathrow a 9.3 so I'm getting curious about the title now, but damn if this isn't going to cost me even more cash. Thank god for EB and the 14 day policy they have. I just purchased NBA 2K3 to go along with NFL2K3 and Sega GT. I was planning on waiting for Shenmue 2 on 10/30, Metal Gear Solid: Substance 11/6/02, and Splinter Cell 11/12/02. All of those titles are on my *must have* list before Christmas, but Deathrow is starting to look like a possible purchase.

VISA is my friend!

Thread Information