Thread: copy mp3 - xbox HD ???

Default copy mp3 - xbox HD ???

Hi guys,

I know this thread has been poted so many times but I never read through it thoroughly the times I've passed it. Well I started recording mp3's to my computr and want to put them in my xbox. I bought a memorex 700 mb CDRW using nero program and started recording them on the disk. Well- the xbox won't read it..

Can someone please tell me how you've done it step by step please using the cdrw that I've used. I also have roxio easy creator and that didn't work either..

Help; please!!!!!!

it cant read MP3's you need to convert them the .wav files

Ya, you'll only be able to do it using music CDs. So burn those MP3s to a music CD and copy away.
    Hidden Content "Stack dead actors, stacked to the rafters
    Line up the b*stards all I want is the truth"

Yep, they have to be .wav format...not .mp3

uhh....my xbox reads .mp3 files. I burn music from my kazaa folder (which are mp3) into a cd-rw and it works fine.

Originally posted by XslayerX
    uhh....my xbox reads .mp3 files. I burn music from my kazaa folder (which are mp3) into a cd-rw and it works fine.
    I don't think you do. If you are, you are converting them to .wav format first. You're probably doing that and don't know it, since most burning programs do it on the fly.

Originally posted by Zion

I don't think you do. If you are, you are converting them to .wav format first. You're probably doing that and don't know it, since most burning programs do it on the fly.
    oh yeah ur right, forgot my program does that.

my bad

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

so it reads cd-rw's but not cd-r's?

Well this is weird then. I have also tried copying wav files to a Memorex cdrw and it can't read it... did anyone use a memorex .. I was also suggested to copy it at 4x speed and it doesn't work also ....

help!!!!

Dunno, I used memorex and it read fine.

I always use Verbatim or Imation CD-RW's.

i used memorex and it worked fine

for the love of god dont convert to .wav files! .wav files for each song are about 30Mb each, thats gonn eat up the music partition on your Xbox real quick. My advice is to grab a trial or full version of Nero and make a music CD on a CD-RW. That way Nero does the conversions from whatever file type it is to .wma automatically and you can screw it up.

If your feeling lucky, convert the files to .wma first and then just burn them to the CD-RW, but that doesnt always work.

But for the love of god dont use wavs!

They aren't .wav files, they are CDDA format (Cd Digital Audio). You have to tell Nero to burn them as a 'music cd', not just copy your mp3's to the cdrw. What nero does is first (in the background) convert them to wav, then to CDDA then puts 'em on the CD. Wav's alone won't work, they have to go through that final step of becoming CDDA.

So just load up your CDRW, load nero, when the wizard asks what you wanna burn, select "Audio CD". Then drag n' drop the mp3's over into the CD burn window, and start burning.

Originally posted by OUberLord
    for the love of god dont convert to .wav files! .wav files for each song are about 30Mb each, thats gonn eat up the music partition on your Xbox real quick. My advice is to grab a trial or full version of Nero and make a music CD on a CD-RW.

But for the love of god dont use wavs!

Dude, what do you think is happening when you use Nero to burn a music CD? IT CONVERTS THEM TO WAV FILES!! duhhhhrrrr

The files HAVE to be .wav format as the hundreds of other posts throughout the forum have already stated. They won't fill up the hard drive because the Xbox converts them to .wma as it rips.

alright the xbox hacker has entered the thread. To dispell all myths.....

there are 2 different dvd drives for the xboxes one of them is a phillips and another is a thompson. The phillips dvd drive reads cd-rw alot better then the thompson. I have the thompson myself. The only cd-rw that would work before I tweaked the laser was digital research. I tried the memorex and they would not be recognized. So it is really a trial and error method to see what cd-rw's will work for your specific xbox. One cd-rw that works on your buddies xbox might not work on yours. You can only way to tell what type of drive is to (gasp!) open your xbox and void you warrenty...I wouldn't advise doing this.

It has already been said by nero does change mp3's into .wav files automatically!

good luck!

I had best results with digital research cd-rw's

Thread Information