Poll: Where do you think water looks best, in what game?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Water is in?

Question Best Water is in?

Thank you for voting.
    Leo

Splashdown. Damn nice.

Bloodwake for sure.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

this is a no contest...MORROWIND!

i voted for blood wake, but id have to say quantum redshift does excelent with the splash effect that leaves drops of water on your screen and the water looks amazing.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Originally posted by shrew king
    quantum redshift does excelent with the splash effect that leaves drops of water on your screen and the water looks amazing.

Yeah, i have to agree with you on that, i was playing the game at best buy and got distracted cause of the water, but it does look amazing. I might actually get that game when the price drops (too many other amazing titles on the way!)

Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Yeah, i have to agree with you on that, i was playing the game at best buy and got distracted cause of the water, but it does look amazing. I might actually get that game when the price drops (too many other amazing titles on the way!)
    ya know, i really want that game but since ill probably only buy one racing game the entire time i own an xbox i want it to be an xbox live game, it'd be cool to see a download or something that lets you play quantum live.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

I think it is a tie between Lord Of The Rings Fellowship of the ring and Morrowind. I have seen Morrowind water more often and in more detail though so I voted for it. I do not know if you can see things in the water in LOTR:FOTR but it does reflect off of the shore which is something no other game to my knowledge does. So I would say LOTR:FOTR but I do not own the game and have not studied it in depth so I will say Morrowind.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Blood Wake, no contest!

halo!!!
    Hidden Content ULTRA-VIOLENCE!

Renegade of funk

Bloodwake. Should you find out, the waterborne physics of Bloodwake are excellent. Meaning the way the boats handle and take waves and swells. Being in the Coast Guard and having been on a small boat interceptor unit, Bloodwake's surface warfare element was surprising realistic. I was especially surprised that I could pull off tactics that we used in real life in this game like herding and leading techinques. I did trade this game in though because once you finish it, there's not much to it, and m/p mode is no match when you own Halo, but for what it was worth, Bloodwake rocked as a solo campaign.

BTW, Leo, this is an example of a good thread / topic.
    This is something that a majority of us is interested in. And otherwise a cool little topic to talk about.

Member on the run

I'd say other. Did you all see the water on the dock level of Wreckless. For some reason that water always makes me lose my concentration on the mission!

obviously you guys didn't play splashdown. I have played all the games on the list and splashdown has the best water effects. Especially the level where the waves are huge with the sun setting....It was really awe inspiring the first time I saw it!

Default Re: Best Water is in?

Originally posted by Leo
    Thank you for voting.
    WTF? Why is every single post you have made up to date a lame Poll? Get original man, provide some content. People are starting to get really tired of these threads.

Conflict: Desert Storm, did you see the water effects in the oasis?

O hang on there wasn't an oasis in there, so I think Bloodwake water was pretty cool and it was also pretty crap game too

Out of all the games I've played, so far the water looks best in DOA3. But, I keep reading in gamer magazines and hearing from gamer shows that the water looks unbelievable in Splashdown.

The Frew-its of the Devil

I think Blinx has some awsome water. It looks great and if you pause time and walk through it, it stays that way until time comes back in. Amazing... too bad the game isn't as fun as SMS... or else I would have bought it. Mind you I like the game, but I will only buy it if I find it used.
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

i say Bloodwake

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Halo, second level!!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

The Best Water in a game isn't even listed as a choice and that is Transworld Surf!
    Xbox Games I Own...

Halo, Capcom vs. SnK EO , Dead or Alive 3, Splinter Cell, Crazy Taxi 3, Buffy, Max Payne, Unreal Championship, Hitman 2

Games I'm playing most...
    Unreal Championship - LIVE is addictive
    Quake 3 Arena - (pc) play about 5 mins less per day than UC
    Hitman 2

Add me to your frends list if you play Unreal on LIVE, I sold Ghost Recon cause it was simply a hype machine to match SOCOM, instead I opted for something for more ORIGINAL...the first online fighting game EVER in the USA!

Thread Information