Thread: Why make games if you know there going to suck?

Default Why make games if you know there going to suck?

a good example is nickoloden party blast or whatever the name isnt even that important thats how bad the game is... it was rated 1.1 on IGN with a lasting apeal of 0.0 and everything else 1.0 or less thats just so stupid to make games that you know are going to turn out like **** and when you see that in the middle of all xbox reveiws a 1.1 with a bunch of 8's or whatever it makes xbox look bad..

Bling Bling
    $$$$$$$$
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

yeah but who in their right mind is going to buy a game that gets rated a 1.... id rather throw my mony out the damn window than have a ****y game like that

Maybe in the developers' mind that so-called ****ty game is a great game. You never know (give me the link to the review, lol).
    Oscar "Sodge" Campbell

Hidden Content Staff

here you go.. i was wron 1 thing got a 2.0... theres still hope for a sequal http://xbox.ign.com/articles/375/375015p1.html

I'm not an Insider, I can't view it. Oh well, it'll spare me a look at the worst game EVAR.
    Oscar "Sodge" Campbell

Hidden Content Staff

Presentation
    There is a talking cat/dog that looks like something it shouldn't. Oh, and it's Nickelodeon. 2.0

Graphics
    I think I can see something... 1.0

Sound
    I think I can hear something... 1.0

Gameplay
    What! Where? Don't tease me like that! 0.0

Lasting Appeal
    I'm sorry controller-s. I'll never take your stick for granted again. 0.0

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 1.1

Hahahaha, lame. They (Nickelodeon) should've tried harder to make a good game. I'm not sure how you could make a game about a Catdog actually good though...
    Oscar "Sodge" Campbell

Hidden Content Staff

I'm sure alot of parents will buy this game on name alone for their younger children that aren't quite ready for games like DTR or BMX XXX. My seven-year old son has already expressed some interest in this game, so I will probably at least rent it. You have to think about who is writing the review and the audience for which they are writing it. While these games may not appeal to most of the "hardcore" gamers or even the fan/review sites, there is definitely a market out there for these types of games. So I think Variation got it right, its all about the $$$$.

I wonder what kind of rating IGN would give to one of the Blues Clues or Fischer-Price games for the PC? Yet those games still sold plenty of copies and made a little money for the developers.

By the way, I don't think this game is limited to just the Xbox. I'm pretty sure it is going to be on a few other platforms as well (with similar reviews), so don't worry about it making the Xbox look bad.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

If you were given a fat wad of cash to make a retarded game with no point, s.hitty controlls, horrible graphics, no reply value, and sometimes doesnt even always boot up, would you?

Ofcourse...Im sure the people have good intensions of making a great game or whatever, but theres certain ones, you know, Big bird, Nickelodeon, mary kate and ashley, etc etc etc, that will never be good games...but then again, maybe someones 5 year old LOVES the game and cant put it down.....then is it a bad game? (Well....at $70 later...)

Hell, Id get on board of a ****ty team if it was for some $$ or free games/hardware....or met someone famous....

Lot of people would, hence a-la-crap some/most of the time.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

I bet that nikelodeon game would be a huge success on the gamecube...

I see what you're saying, and I'm sure that a lot of developers feel there is a market out there for their product (think of all those soft drinks and zima look-alikes that have failed and are still failing)

Nickelodeon game's a bad example though. Of course a game site that is geared to older people (the target audience probably doesn't do a lot of research on games they like) will give it a bad review. Hell, it's probably a bad game. But I used to play chutes and ladders all the time as a kid, but would not really recommend it to any of my friends these days.
    RIP Dave

Thread Information