Thread: Hitman 2 hint/help?

Question Hitman 2 hint/help?

I bought this last night. I've never played this type of game before and I'm stuck in the starting gate. I got inside the mansion dressed as the mail man, but now I have no guns and whatever room I go into the bad guys come in after a minute or two and I get killed defenseless. Since I have no gun can someone give me a hint as to how to proceed? Thanks!

There are all kinds of ways you could proceed. One would be to sneak up behind someone and strangle him with your fiber wire. Take his clothes and gun and be sure to hide the body somewhere. The way I did it was to go right at the beginning and kill the grocery boy. I took his clothes and put my gun in a box of groceries. I then carried the box into the kitchen and proceeded from there. Some have talked about sneaking in to the right hand gate when the guard goes to the bathroom. Apparently you can sneak to the garage, get a sniper rifle, then sneak around back and shoot the target. I have yet to try this method tho.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

I'm not sure how if you need to do this to get silent assassin, but first i doped the mailman, then i ran and stashed my guns in the groceries.

Put on the mailman outfit, delivered the flowers, walked around to the kitchen picked up guns. murdered some random bodyguard and so on and so on

If you really need more help than that go to gamefaqs

I'm sure there's at least a pc version of the walkthrough up.

Mind you, there will probably be more info than you want to see though. I don't go there anymore because I just can't help reading the next few lines.

The best part of the game is figuring it out on your own. It's pretty easy just to shoot people on move on through
    RIP Dave

Part 1: Getting inside the mansion

The Giulliano's Sicily mansion has three entrances. The main gate, the side entrance, and the backdoor (Where the delivery boy's car is parked.) We will be using the side door, because it's the least protected entrance.

You start at the top of the hill. We'll refer to this as the ‘exit point' from now on. Walk down the hill. Right in front of you, you will see the road to the main gate. Follow the mansion's outside wall to the RIGHT. You'll see a couple of trees alongside the wall. Immediately next to/behind the trees is a small door. This is the ‘side entrance' Walk up to it.

When you're at the small door, take a couple of steps to the right. There's a pillar there. Wait there until one of the guards comes out the side entrance. Make sure you're hiding behind the pillar. This way the guard will not see you.
    You'll notice that the guard turns his back to you. Apparently he's had too much to drink last night, because he's taking a leak against the tree. This is your chance to get inside! Carefully walk through the side entrance. If you're afraid the guard will hear you, you'd best use sneak mode.

You're now inside the compound. Right in front of you, there's a small building, the Garage. Run past the garage to the FAR RIGHT. In the distance you will see a guard, but don't worry he won't see you. Run in his direction. When you're nearing the guard, you will notice a staircase leading to the basement (at ground level) Take the steps downstairs and go into the basement. You've made it inside undetected!

Part 2:Getting to the Don's office undetected
    Go through the basement. At the end you'll find a stairway leading to the kitchen. Go upstairs, very carefully. There's one person in the kitchen, the cook. Sneak up to the cook, but don't let her notice you. To your right hand you will find another staircase, leading to the second floor. Go up. When attempting to sneak past the cook, the delivery boy might walk in. I think it's ok for him to see you, but I am not sure. However, if the cook sees or hears you, she'll sound the alarm….. and you'll be in trouble….. which means you will not be able to get the Silent Assassin title.

At the top of the stairs, there's a door. Open it. In front of you you'll see another door, open it as well. It leads to a balcony. At the left side of the balcony there's a small ledge. It leads all the way around the house. Walk across the ledge, and follow it all the way to the lowered rooftop. Be very careful when doing this, don't fall off, and make sure the guards don't hear you (so don't run). When you're on the lowered roof, to the left you'll see a big balcony and a door to the second floor. This door leads to the Don's office, which should be empty. Go inside. Make sure that the guards patrolling the garden and the pool area don't spot you entering the office balcony.

Note:
    If the Don is already inside his office by the time you get there, this means that you have taken too much time. You can restart, or take a (big) risk and just walk in, pop him with the silenced Beretta and skip part three of the walkthrough.

Part 3: Silent Assassination
    Ok, now comes the part you've been waiting for. Killing the Don. The Don's office has four doors. Two lead to the balcony (one of them is the way you came in.), The other two lead to the rest of the second floor. Walk across the room, to the other balcony door. Hide in the corner , and be prepared to kill the Don… this means get out your fibre wire, and go into sneak mode. Now wait for the Don to walk in. this could take a while, don't worry, he will show up.

When the Don enters, wait until the door is closed, so the guards outside his office don't notice anything. Now, if you sneak up to him, he will not see or hear you. Be sure to sneak though. Do him with the fibre wire and don't get caught. First objective successfully completed!

Part 4: Rescuing the Padre and escaping
    Congratulations, you got this far without being spotted! Now, let's rescue the padre. He's being kept in the basement. The only person who has access to the padre's cell is the Don, he has the only key (the ‘room key'). However, after being strangled, I don't think he'll be needing it anymore. He wears it on his body. Take it. Now get the hell out of the office, using the same way you came in.

There's a slight problem, there are guards in the pool area that might see you when you're on the rooftop. The Don's office has small windows, so you can look outside to see if the coast has cleared. Escape to the rooftop.

Now you have to get to the basement. You can use the ledge again. If you take a good look, you will see that the ledge leads over the basement stairs. A guard is patrolling there though. Wait until he turns his back on you and starts walking in the direction of the garage, and use the ledge to get above the basement stairs. Now jump off and get into the basement. Don't let the guard hear you, because again, if he hears you you will lose your chance at the Silent Assassin ranking.

Go to the basement cellar and open it (you need the Don's room key) When you go into the cellar, you will receive a transmission from Dianne at the agency. It seems the Padre has been taken away by several bearded, Russian looking, men. Who cares? You've just completed all the mission objectives! Now let's get the hell out of here and go to the exit point.

Go back to the basement stairs leading outside. Wait at the bottom of the stairs. There is a guard patrolling between the kitchen entrance (outside, up the steps) and the ‘side entrance' to the compound. Wait until he has walked by, in the direction of the garage (to the right) Now, go into sneak mode, and follow him. Once you're outside, follow him (just a few meters/yards) in the direction of the garage. To you left, there is a small wall, sticking out of the thicker outer wall. Sneak up to the wall and hide there, in the corner. (Alternatively, you can follow him and hide in the garage)

Wait until the guard (the same one) has come back. He's now doing his same old patrol. This time he is walking towards the kitchen entrance (past the basement stairs, up the steps). Wait till he's passed by, now sneak out through the ‘side entrance'. You're now outside of the compound.
    Once outside, immediately take a right turn. There is a guard patrolling (near the back entrance), and he will not see you if you walk alongside the outer wall, because you'll have cover from the trees. Keep walking until you're outside of his viewing range.

Now make a run for the hills, towards the exit point! Congratulations! You have now achieved Silent Assassin status!

Thanks a big heap, guys.

Thnx my buddy bought the game we've been playin it hrs thnx for the info.

www.gamefaqs.com will have everything you want to know
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Thread Information