Thread: Fable Getting Darker

Default Fable Getting Darker

Fable Getting Darker
    Aramo | 4:34 | Console

Dene Carter, Big Blue Box' Managing Director and Lead Designer on forthcoming role-playing game Fable (Xbox), on the company's discussion forum stressed once again that the game's "story details are exceedingly fluid." Additionally he was keen on pointing out the game "certainly isn't getting lighter or nicer," for his brother Simon and himself are in charge and their influences are "Lovecraft, Sleepy Hollow and A Company of Wolves." More importantly, (as we reported earlier) it is almost certain Fable will be getting a mature rating "considering the scope of actions available."

http://www.gamespydaily.com/

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Fable sounds like a game a little girl would play on the gamecube...i prefer the name Project Ego.

I've heard some pretty dam**d dark fables.

Darker is fine, as long as they leave room for the light as well.

Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.
    - Parkinson's Law

which brings up my next question...well, my first question actually...will PROJECT EGO be online?

What's Project Ego? Oh you must mean Fable

Originally posted by EHWfedPres
    Fable sounds like a game a little girl would play on the gamecube...i prefer the name Project Ego.
    I concur. When I first heard "Project Ego" I was like, "WOW! Perfect name!!"
    But now...FABLE??? sounds rather ho~hum. LIke some "my little pony" + Disney b*stard love child.

Fable sound okay. It doesn't have the same ring as Project Ego.
    Oscar "Sodge" Campbell

Hidden Content Staff

Originally posted by EHWfedPres
    which brings up my next question...well, my first question actually...will PROJECT EGO be online?
    Let go of it, its just a name . The game looks sweet! And yes, I've read in a couple of places that it will be online, but I have no idea what the online features will be. It is a single player game after all so I'm anxious to see what XBL might be doing with this game.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

instead of naming it fable, they should call it SnoopyIsTheShiznit

xbAWOL

Originally posted by Snoopy7548
    instead of naming it fable, they should call it SnoopyIsTheShiznit
    or, they could just call it fable, lol

Originally posted by Dre

Let go of it, its just a name . The game looks sweet! And yes, I've read in a couple of places that it will be online, but I have no idea what the online features will be. It is a single player game after all so I'm anxious to see what XBL might be doing with this game.

Fable is just a name...but it sounds dumb.

Anyway, if Project Ego will be online, a friend of mine had the idea that he and I just fight eachother alot until we get some cool scars.

I'm hearing that PE will have a online element, but it has yet TBD.....New missions, objects, spells??
    RevitXman is keeper of the Glowy Text
    XBLG Resident Trouble maker
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Game_Geek
    I'm hearing that PE will have a online element, but it has yet TBD.....New missions, objects, spells??
    market place, hero guilds, taverns? Damn taverns would be cool if they were filled with real live people actually holding conversations and such. Could be a cool place just to chat about neat events in the world of Albion.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Enough with *****ing about the name Fable. Do you guys even know what a Fable is? I bet you do not. A fable is a short story with a moral that usually involves animals characters personified to imitate important real life people that influenced your story. Well that is basically what Aesops fables are. So it somewhat fits this game. You are playing a videogame character which is personified to act like you want him to. He then carries out a tale with or without a moral depending on how you play.

Project Ego would be a retarded name. Think about it, how good of a name is Project Gotham Racing? Why the heck do they have Project in there? Is it still currently a project in development? No, it is a finished game. Calling Fable, Project Ego would be dumb. Then one could insinuate that the game infact is not finished but a work in progress. If you don't see it that way the what signifigance does the name Project Ego have? Project... Nothing. Ego... Perhaps it could have something to do with the ego of your character.

The point is Project Ego doesn't sound cool or work well as a name. Stop being so foolishly ignorant kiddies. A fable is an everyday story that you probably still use to talk with your friends.

You are also looking at the name the wrong way. yes, fables are told to children to helpm them develop their morales and grow to be good people. However, what if you look at it like a horror movie title? Then it sounds cool doesn't it? Think about horror movie titles. Freddie, Chucky, Jason, Doctor Giggles... How do these names even romotely invoke feelings of fear or make your mind regurjitate unsettling images associated with these titles? According to you they shouldn't. They are just cheesy names that little kids use on occasion. So they are not cool are they? They should all have names like Project Scare Your Freaking Face Off and Project Hobo 9000 and Project Night time. Those are much cooler aren't they? Yeah, those names really have a great image. I mean they have tottally nothing in common with the movies so it makes them better doesn't it. You people are al being so retardedly relative you look stupid. It is all in how you look at it. What about Chris Cross. When they were around everyone thought it was cool that they wore there clothes backward. I bet you kids would think it is stupid now wouldn't you? Why? It is all relative. In any given situation the way one observes something will be different than in another situation. So stop being so frustratingly closed minded and try and have some sense. Think beyond the surface.

About the game itself. I am immensly excited about this title as are both of my brothers. It is one of the reasons that contributed to the purchase of our xbox. Although it has been delayed many times since before November 15th 2001 I am still excited. The delay times to me only mean that the game is getting better. Dre, that idea about taverns is sweet! This game has so much potential!
    Last edited by MerimacHamwich; 10-23-2002 at 12:04 AM.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Well it could be said that Project Ego is basically saying the game is a work in progress because its supposed to be a simulation of life. The name is actually quite an accurate portrayal of what you are doing. Even better may have been Project id.

But Fable I find is just as good. I'm in no way upset about that title...at least it doesn't have an Alpha or any symbols or numbers or rhyming powder puff girl type words.

The view on the word Fable is totally bent around here. Actually most Fables were rather dark and morbid in method. The real Fables, the first fables, were made to scare the living wits back into children instead of just passing off morals as if they were just a politically correct commercial.

Fable sounds more mystical...Project Ego sounds more industrial. I like the idea of fantasy in a simulated fantasy game rather than the fact that I'm just taking on the traits of a character and making him react like I would. I don't carry a sword, I dont have body armour, I dont live in some wicked far off weird land...so Fable is rather pertinant. Lose the connotations you've scrounged from an uptight view of what's cool and what isn't.
    What do you mean, "I hurt your feelings"?
    I didn't know you had any feelings.

I was going to get this game when it was called 'Project Ego'. Now I will not get it. It doesn't matter if its a great gaming experience or not. I simply cannot allow myself to own or enjoy a game called 'Fable'. Maybe if it was named 'Fabel' I'd buy it. But 'Fable' ? No way.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm being sacastic.

Originally posted by yall
    I was going to get this game when it was called 'Project Ego'. Now I will not get it. It doesn't matter if its a great gaming experience or not. I simply cannot allow myself to own or enjoy a game called 'Fable'. Maybe if it was named 'Fabel' I'd buy it. But 'Fable' ? No way.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm being sacastic.

i know what you mean..... they could call it "the worst game in the world...if you own it your an idiot" i would still want it

Thread Information