Thread: Still no Shenmue 2 commercial

Default Still no Shenmue 2 commercial

I said I would walk into MS headquarters spit on the floor slap their secretary and use language that would appall Mike Tyson.

So I want to know will any of yall match me a buck if I do it.

*Note this is not Spam. I will need money after they fire me and maybe bail money for assault

Last edited by Bigwig; 10-22-2002 at 08:52 PM.
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

Guarantee you wont....

And I want video proof if somehow you do :P
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Default Re: Still no Shenmue 2 commercial

Originally posted by Bigwig
    I said I would walk into MS headquarters spit on the floor slap their secretary and use language that would appall Mike Tyson.

So I want to know will any of yall match me a buck if I do it.

*Note this is not Spam. I will need money after they fire me and maybe bail money for assault

If you do that there going to call the police to take you to jail!!

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

What in the blue hell do this have to do with Shenmue 2?

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

They have till Nov 20th
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

You will probably see TV ads next week. A week in advance is good enough before its release. IMO You do not want to advertise a game that the general public can not pick up.

Alien lol

Good luck

Friend Request + No Message = Instant Decline

|360| Xbox 360 Elite - Resident Evil 5 Edition
    |PC| Asus - eeePC-1015PN[TEMP]
    |WP7| HTC - TITAN
    Achievements at home, on the move, and on the go.

The guy at EB told me its gonna be there Oct 31st.....I hope it doesn't be delayed.

Boy i sure hope the hell it comes out soon....on dreamcast that was for sure my favorite game...i think it's incredible...just hope it comes out soon looking as good as ever
    When you're alarm goes off in the morning, do a backflip straight out of bed without even sitting up, do some pushups while dodging bullets in slow motion, then do a cartwheel into your car while spinning a CD on the tip of your finger ... now you're a unique individual.

When are you people going to get it through your thick skulls. Shenmue is NOT a good game. They won't be wasting their time or money advertising it on tv.
    When it's hot and sticky, that's no time for dinky dunking, but when the frost gets on the pumpkin, THAT'S the time for dinky dunking.

Hidden Content

Mercury what the hell are you talking about...Shenmue is great! Did you even ever give it a chance? did you ever get into the deepness of it? It gets to where you feel like everybody in the game is almost a real person...i seriously think its one of the greatest games ever made...not as good as halo, but still one of the best, and im hoping it will be the same way for the xbox
    When you're alarm goes off in the morning, do a backflip straight out of bed without even sitting up, do some pushups while dodging bullets in slow motion, then do a cartwheel into your car while spinning a CD on the tip of your finger ... now you're a unique individual.

Originally posted by Mercury
    When are you people going to get it through your thick skulls. Shenmue is NOT a good game. They won't be wasting their time or money advertising it on tv.
    Thats only your opinion......your thick skulled opinion.

Originally posted by Satch
    Mercury what the hell are you talking about...Shenmue is great! Did you even ever give it a chance? did you ever get into the deepness of it? It gets to where you feel like everybody in the game is almost a real person...i seriously think its one of the greatest games ever made...not as good as halo, but still one of the best, and im hoping it will be the same way for the xbox
    Yes, I gave it a chance. I played the entire game. Plus I spent hours just hanging out in the arcade playing the game in there.

But in the end I was happy to have finished the game. At first the game seemed like it would be a real thinkers game. That you have to search hard for things and figure out ways of getting things done. Puzzles and such. But there was none of that. The game wholly consisted of walking around and engaging in pointless, ridiculous conversations with everyone.

The toys in the vending machines were fun to get at first. Until I realized that they were useless. All you did with them was look at them. That's all. Just look. They weren't used for obtaining important objects or unlocking new secrets in the game. All you did was look at them.

Then the day came when I got a job. A job!!! In a video game. How stupid is that. Now the actual idea of a job in the game isn't bad, but the way it went was terrible. While you were in the forklift you couldn't do anything at all except for driving around moving crates.

Also what was bad is when it would be in the afternoon and you were told to meet someone near the docks at night. Well you then proceeded to that area while still light and waited. Waited until you had to go back home to bed. Mind you, HAD to go back home. As soon as it was your beddy time you transported into your bed. Anyway, the game was set so that you had to waste that day away and then come back the next day at night to meet that person. I say that if they say at night, and you are there at night, then so should the other person. Not make you wait another day.

And the fighting. It was too disjointed. YOu would make a move toward one person, then Ryo wouldn't react right away from your commands. There was a second there were he wouldn't react after each move. Not fluid at all.

Shenmue won't make it past shenmue 2. Trust me.
    When it's hot and sticky, that's no time for dinky dunking, but when the frost gets on the pumpkin, THAT'S the time for dinky dunking.

Hidden Content

Dude Shenmue was such a good game I was even entertained by Mercurys dissing of the game. No really man Shenmue 3 has been in the works for years. Also in Shenmue 2 you wont have to be home for nightfall sense you will be in China.

Originally posted by Bigwig
    Dude Shenmue was such a good game I was even entertained by Mercurys dissing of the game. No really man Shenmue 3 has been in the works for years. Also in Shenmue 2 you wont have to be home for nightfall sense you will be in China.
    You enjoyed that, eh? Well why don't you tell me what was wrong with my statements then?

Hidden Content

Well why don't you tell me what was wrong with my statements then?
    Because since you think it sucked, you keep on saying the game sucks. Thats about as good as a 3rd grader's objectivity for ya.

I haven't played the game yet (1 or 2), but I'm interested in seeing what all the hype's about. I remember a long time ago Ninja Scroll was talking bout playing the import and it sounded kickass.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Well I'm trying to tell you that it is ALL hype and not to get the game.

But if you want to get the game just because someone likes it but doesn't state any facts about it then go ahead. Do what others do. I was giving you facts about the game.

Hidden Content

Well I'm trying to tell you that it is ALL hype and not to get the game.

But if you want to get the game just because someone likes it but doesn't state any facts about it then go ahead. Do what others do. I was giving you facts about the game.
    No, I believe you were giving me facts about the previous game in the series.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

I really dont have much against your comments but sense you asked whats wrong I'll spit a little.

Yes, I gave it a chance. I played the entire game. Plus I spent hours just hanging out in the arcade playing the game in there.

But in the end I was happy to have finished the game. At first the game seemed like it would be a real thinkers game. That you have to search hard for things and figure out ways of getting things done. Puzzles and such. But there was none of that. The game wholly consisted of walking around and engaging in pointless, ridiculous conversations with everyone.

You are right Shenmue was not a thinkers game. There were only a few puzzles and one mystery. I did not think the conversation was pointless at all. IMO Ryu sounded a lot like anyone who was looking for the killer of his father. As a matter of fact the conversation and the NPC's period were the best part of the game. There was not a lot of role-playing options in the dialog like their was in Morrowind and the story was linear but when it came to voice acting and body language Shenmue could be considered the best over the shoulders POV RPG ever. I was never a fan of most Japanese RPGs and their cut scenes. Shenmue was different there were no cut scenes and the dialog still had great graphics which made the world very realistic.

The toys in the vending machines were fun to get at first. Until I realized that they were useless. All you did with them was look at them. That's all. Just look. They weren't used for obtaining important objects or unlocking new secrets in the game. All you did was look at them.
    There was a secret that allowed you to get Sega games to bring home and play. I thought this was funny because this is not somthing that I would downgrade any game on.

Then the day came when I got a job. A job!!! In a video game. How stupid is that. Now the actual idea of a job in the game isn't bad, but the way it went was terrible. While you were in the forklift you couldn't do anything at all except for driving around moving crates.
    A job!!!! lol thats what I laughed at. Man its a roleplaying game. You need money in a roleplaying game. I thought they emitted the forklift job well.

You had a forklift race every mourning and the amount of crates you moved effected your pay. You also had to read a schematic and how well you performed effected what your boss had to say to you. I had fun on the forklift. Most RPG that have jobs in the game dont do it half as well as Shenmue.

Also what was bad is when it would be in the afternoon and you were told to meet someone near the docks at night. Well you then proceeded to that area while still light and waited. Waited until you had to go back home to bed. Mind you, HAD to go back home. As soon as it was your beddy time you transported into your bed. Anyway, the game was set so that you had to waste that day away and then come back the next day at night to meet that person. I say that if they say at night, and you are there at night, then so should the other person. Not make you wait another day.
    lol I bet you did not like waiting at the bus stop either. really there was a lot to do to manage time. Also Shenmue 2 fixes some of those problems
    And the fighting. It was too disjointed. YOu would make a move toward one person, then Ryo wouldn't react right away from your commands. There was a second there were he wouldn't react after each move. Not fluid at all.
    You tell me an RPG with better single player combat.

Shenmue won't make it past shenmue 2. Trust me.
    There will be a Shenmue 4

Thread Information