Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will EGM rate Splinter Cell?

Default What will EGM rate Splinter Cell?

If I’m not mistaking, EGM gave mgs2 a ten back when ps2 had it for it’s greedy self. But now a worthy contender is about to step into the ring. I’m playing Splinter cell with shi ty a ss rca cables imagine 480p on HDTV. Having played both games, graphically mgs2 has no chance, unless it uses splinter cells engine, and of course xbox power. Game play, splinter cell revolutionized the word stealth, from hiding in shadows, optic fiber, to opening doors ever so slightly. In short there is no fair comparison of the two when taking them for what they were meant to be, stealth masters. Here we have Sam fisher bad ass with true next generation hardware pleasure and gadgets and solid snake old graphics, no stealth what so ever and a skate board. If anything has been proven here, is that this game Splinter cell deserves ten across the boards, a new bar has been raised, lets see what the biased jerks at EGM give this true master piece and lets see how they convince the ps2 fan boys that it can be accomplished on a ps2. if they even see this one.
    Last edited by FuNkY mOnK; 11-02-2002 at 09:40 PM.

I for one don't care what the ps2 fanboys at EGM give it!!

OXM give it a 9.6/10!!

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

OXM UK gave this a 9.0/10

That's harsh I know but they had pretty good reasons for that.

Basing this on the demo, so opinion will change later:

As a game, Splinter Cell is great, and is "up there" with the likes of Halo. As a stealth 'em up, Splinter Cell certainly sets a new standard and kicks every stealth games' ass in existence. To steal a XG description: Splinter Cell not only belittles Metal Gear Solid, it also humiliates MGS in ways only a dominatrix can imagine.

*Goes to another Splinter Cell thread*
    Proud owner of Halo: Combat Evolved

Originally posted by Knight
    I for one don't care what the ps2 fanboys at EGM give it!!

OXM give it a 9.6/10!!
    Exactly, I don't care what the hell EGM rates anymore. I thought they were better than GamePro, but they have sunk to their level too.

Game Informer is just as bad as EGM, the sucky part is I may have to renew my subscription!!

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

OXM and OXM UK both gave it over 9.0/10. Everyone who has the demo (including myself) say it's amasing. Just play it for yourself, and trust me guys, there is NO turning back.
    "That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the f*ck*ng way she goes."

"TCM -- Forever Gunnin' For The Best; To The First 4"

EGM is the only mag worth a crap nowadays...and looking at this latest issue, they are about to enter teh sub-crap category in my book...Shane Battenhousen stops medals for several Xbox games...HOW THE HELL DOES GHOST RECON GET RATED LOWER THAN SOCOM? "more difficult deeper user interface"! What?! Games are now rated LOWER if they have more options and custom ability? It's CRAP! The AI in SOCOM SUCKS, The AI IN Ghost Recon SUCKS...so how come GR gets rated lower?>!?! It makes NO SINCE! When EGM gave Halo all 10s I thought that EGM was fair...then, they give GTA Vice City all 10s?! What a frikkin JOKE! CAn you say..."lets hype what sells!"

I predict that Splinter Cell will end up going SILVER in EGM...and that's being optimistic!
    Xbox Games I Own...

Halo, Capcom vs. SnK EO , Dead or Alive 3, Splinter Cell, Crazy Taxi 3, Buffy, Max Payne, Unreal Championship, Hitman 2

Games I'm playing most...
    Unreal Championship - LIVE is addictive
    Quake 3 Arena - (pc) play about 5 mins less per day than UC
    Hitman 2

Add me to your frends list if you play Unreal on LIVE, I sold Ghost Recon cause it was simply a hype machine to match SOCOM, instead I opted for something for more ORIGINAL...the first online fighting game EVER in the USA!

my guess is about a 7. something or 8 only cause splinter isnt on ps2 right now but if it was im sure they would give it a 9 or 10 those bastages

Originally posted by VenoM
    my guess is about a 7. something or 8 only cause splinter isnt on ps2 right now but if it was im sure they would give it a 9 or 10 those bastages
    Damn right man! Look at how bad they rated Dead to rights! Remember now, the Xbox version has NO LOAD times...when the load time filled PS2 version is released, watch EGM rate it higher than the Xbox version, or just as high...

If I were the Editor-in Chief of a multi-console mag, I'd rate ALL consoles EQUALLY(except GBA of course), not games per console!

but that wouldnt be fair since Ps2 sucks so bad!
    Xbox Games I Own...

Halo, Capcom vs. SnK EO , Dead or Alive 3, Splinter Cell, Crazy Taxi 3, Buffy, Max Payne, Unreal Championship, Hitman 2

Hitman 2

Add me to your frends list if you play Unreal on LIVE, I sold Ghost Recon cause it was simply a hype machine to match SOCOM, instead I opted for something for more ORIGINAL...the first online fighting game EVER in the USA!

EGm,IGN,Gamespot,Gamepro, all have one thing in common,
    they suck..........why do you guys even buy mags, you can get the SAME info for free on the web, and OXM discs just screw up your Xbox anyway
    Wadical Dwagons! *quote from random game nerd in an arcade when I was a kid in the 80's*

Originally posted by HaloMasterVI
    EGM is the only mag worth a crap nowadays...and looking at this latest issue, they are about to enter teh sub-crap category in my book...Shane Battenhousen stops medals for several Xbox games...HOW THE HELL DOES GHOST RECON GET RATED LOWER THAN SOCOM? "more difficult deeper user interface"! What?! Games are now rated LOWER if they have more options and custom ability? It's CRAP! The AI in SOCOM SUCKS, The AI IN Ghost Recon SUCKS...so how come GR gets rated lower?>!?! It makes NO SINCE! When EGM gave Halo all 10s I thought that EGM was fair...then, they give GTA Vice City all 10s?! What a frikkin JOKE! CAn you say..."lets hype what sells!"

I predict that Splinter Cell will end up going SILVER in EGM...and that's being optimistic!
    No one in the world could've ever said it better... The SOCOM and Ghost Recon comparison really pi55ed me off. If anything, Red Storm Entertainment has hit the great AI mark with every single Tom Clancy title. Too bad EGM is going down hill. They figured just because they moved to San Fransico they could pick up any unexperienced/unemployed dude on the street. Well, they've done it with their new crew. I doubt I will renew my subscirption, thats what the internet is for...

Chancellor Of Dark Enemy # 1 Stunner's Avatar

i cant believe this game got that high in oxm i played the demo and its amazing but if this game gets a 9.6 how does nba 2k3 get a 8.8 sumone explain that to me?

my guess is egm will give it an 8.4 those *******s but if were ps2 it would get an 11, i know what your thinking it's only 1-10 but egm has a special score for all ps2 games it called the bias system
    you can have my xbox, when you pry it from my cold dead hands

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

They rate games base on the specs of each system. So if they play a game on PS2, they will focus on gameplay just because the other things (graphics, loading time, etc) were outdate compare to other plaforms. I agree that EGM is little bit biase when they rate for our xbox titles. Just because the PS2 has mostly hot titles than Xbox. By the way, don't forget PS2 is the cover of EGM.

P.S. If they rate Splinter Cell lower than 9.0, i can just say they are blink or just don't want to know the true of the future !!!
    Back into the world of gaming.

Default pathetic

My guess is it will get a straight 10, game of the year, and everything else Halo got. Seriously, they were all that biased, they wouldn't have given all the props to Halo, DOA3, PGR, Oddworld, and the Xbox system itself when it first came out.
    One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity...

Default Re: pathetic

Originally posted by Penguin Hunter
    My guess is it will get a straight 10, game of the year, and everything else Halo got. Seriously, they were all that biased, they wouldn't have given all the props to Halo, DOA3, PGR, Oddworld, and the Xbox system itself when it first came out.
    That was the past... They have changed, if not, they were hiding it....

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Damn right man! Look at how bad they rated Dead to rights! Remember now, the Xbox version has NO LOAD times...when the load time filled PS2 version is released, watch EGM rate it higher than the Xbox version, or just as high...

If I were the Editor-in Chief of a multi-console mag, I'd rate ALL consoles EQUALLY(except GBA of course), not games per console!

but that wouldnt be fair since Ps2 sucks so bad!
    I can tell you something..... Dead To Rights is EXCLUSIVE to Xbox. Check the official xbox site of canadians http://www.xbox.com/ca. Namco has decided to cancel the PS2 version.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Originally posted by Shadow20002

I can tell you something..... Dead To Rights is EXCLUSIVE to Xbox. Check the official xbox site of canadians http://www.xbox.com/ca. Namco has decided to cancel the PS2 version.
    Probably for the same reason I mentioned...as hard as D2R was, waiting 30 seconds to reload to live for 3 seconds would suck...kinda like Stuntman...
    Xbox Games I Own...

Hitman 2

Probably for the same reason I mentioned...as hard as D2R was, waiting 30 seconds to reload to live for 3 seconds would suck...kinda like Stuntman...
    Yeah stunt man was a joke. I played it at my friends and we were watching it load more than we were playing it.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Kinda like Totalled as well... I haven't seen load times that long since the original GTA on PSX! Only difference with Totalled was that you only get to play for about 5 to 10 seconds before you hit something you weren't supposed to hit and had to wait another 45 seconds to reload the level.

Thread Information