Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A MUST-BUY game

Shenmue was quite the game IMO. Playing Shenmue without a strategy guide kinda sucked because I couldnt read Japanese and I kept having to go to the street map over and over...the music was beautiful and the game in general was very immersive.
    Xbox Games I Own...

Halo, Capcom vs. SnK EO , Dead or Alive 3, Splinter Cell, Crazy Taxi 3, Buffy, Max Payne, Unreal Championship, Hitman 2

Games I'm playing most...
    Unreal Championship - LIVE is addictive
    Quake 3 Arena - (pc) play about 5 mins less per day than UC
    Hitman 2

Add me to your frends list if you play Unreal on LIVE, I sold Ghost Recon cause it was simply a hype machine to match SOCOM, instead I opted for something for more ORIGINAL...the first online fighting game EVER in the USA!

Hell ya!

Afro Arura have u gotten all the extras yet like:

Bronze, Silver, and Gold metals,
    Fang Mei's Birthday,
    Duck Racing,
    etc.?

I bought Shenmue II and ended up taking it back. Granted its a decent game, but its just way too slow paced. I played for roughly 10 hours and only fought two battles. The other thing that irked me was theres only four ways to make money in the entire game, either gamble, work as a gambler, pawn your stuff, or carry boxes around for chump change.

I suppose its an aqquired taste like someone said, just really wasnt my cup of tea.

its a shame that most of u never got a chance to play shenmue 1. it was TRUELLY amazing. even though shenmue 2 has like more options and beter gameplay, shenmue 1 is my fav of the series, and that problaby goes for everyone who has played both.

did u watch the shenmue 1 DVD?

in the begining the game is just unfolding. Disc 2 and 3 are the most amazing.

or wait this isnt dreamcast lol

ill just say part 2 and 3 are the best (there were 4 disks for DC but its all on one for xbox)

trust me u should of tried to get thru the begining the the middle is the best and the end is beutiful

Yeah I found the movie to be very well done, IVe never seen a feature length movie rendered in a game engine. BTW, was that all filmed in the Shenmue I or II engine?

Once I get more time to play it ill probably rent the game and then ill reconsider buying it. I havent had a lot of time to play any single game lately, ive kept my save files for future use. Like I said though, I found the beginning gameplay to be quite slow.

Originally posted by Davidjazzman12
    Afro Aura have u gotten all the extras yet like:

Bronze, Silver, and Gold metals,
    Fang Mei's Birthday,
    Duck Racing,
    etc.?
    I can't get the gold metal as I can't beat that woman with Sarah's fighting sytle and QTE (you know who and where)

I've seen the cut-scene fight with Xiuying and Ryo, done the Birthday and the meals with the 2 girls

Have you done all of the pictures to get the 'extras'

PS don't want to but any spoilers in here, so I left out the names of the best cut-scenes
    Last edited by Afro Aura; 11-21-2002 at 07:36 AM.

ya ya

wait what meal with the 2 girls?

and u have never done the "racing"? o wait, u can only do that if u get the gold metal. so keep trying

Thread Information