Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todays the day Xbox gets MGS2S.

Smile Todays the day Xbox gets MGS2S.

Finally, today’s the day Xbox gets solid snake. Although the graphics engine stays untouched, Snake gets 480p HDTV resolution; bump mapping and the VR missions will use the internal Xbox clock for exact time of day or night, Xbox only. Although MGS2S was in production before it even came to the states on ps2 they could have done so much more with the Xbox power, pity. But all is not lost for our new friend Snake, with Sam fisher showing developers how a next generation console struts it’s power, and Konami well aware of Splinter Cell, it’s only natural to try and out do the competition, and what better battle field then the Xbox arena.

I'd be in stores right after work to get this game today,.. dat is if Splinter Cell was not coming next week,.. or is it da week after?
    Which ever I got mine pre-ordered and dont think getting both these stealth games is a good idea.
    In my eyes you can only have one at a time to focus on. So MGS2:S will have to wait until da end of this year (pending I have to time and complete SC) for me to purchase it.

Though I hope MGS2:S's sales do well so we can get part 3 whenever it comes out, and im not talkin about waiting a full year for it after PoS2 version either.

Ill probaly pick it up after work. I dont think im ever gonna get around to Shenumue II

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

I think it's a wasted port!!! What's the point in porting a game that i played to death on the ps2.....That doesn't even use even half of the xbox's horsepower.....My moneys on Sam Fisher (spliter cell)
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
    I think it's a wasted port!!! What's the point in porting a game that i played to death on the ps2.....That doesn't even use even half of the xbox's horsepower.....My moneys on Sam Fisher (spliter cell)
    Thats you. I dont have a POS2 so i missed out.

Konami - "Ohh mr.Evil Dr beef has already beaten our game. Do not make on xbox! Hoiiii"

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by JJaX

Thats you. I dont have a POS2 so i missed out.

Konami - "Ohh mr.Evil Dr beef has already beaten our game. Do not make on xbox! Hoiiii"

I missed out too as im sure other have as well, so this game is gonna be pretty new to us!

The Frew-its of the Devil

I too played it on PS2, but from what I've read it's still worth owning even if you have played the PS2 version. I'm gonna buy it as I only beat MGS2 once and never played it again. Besides, for me it's not a waste of money, I never bought MGS2 on PS2, just barreed it from a buddy. Besides, it's a pretty dope game anyway.
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

Sorry, if came off as a goofball (or worst)....(bows head in shame)..Metal gear solid 2 is still a great game, you guys should have a great time with it....
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
    Sorry, if came off as a goofball (or worst)....(bows head in shame)..Metal gear solid 2 is still a great game, you guys should have a great time with it....
    its all good

CAnt wait to play it. Ive been wanting it since it was out on POS2.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

guys don't be disappointed in the graphics its a port, so far i haven't seen any bump mapped graphics, i think we'll see them in the vr missions, but nontheless this game is a classic and i'm very happy it's on the xbox now.

Classic. Today you say, just might have to make a little trip and pick this one up. I played MGS on the PSX and loved it, this otta be good.

definitley picking this baby up, infact......... Metal Gear Solid 2 was Game of the Year, IMO

After I heard about Splinter Cell I lost all interest in MGS2.

The young... and annoying Young_Fledgling's Avatar

yes i was thinking of buying this but then i played the splinter cell demo... i think i am leaning more towards sc now.

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
    After I heard about Splinter Cell I lost all interest in MGS2.
    I couldn't agree more! I feel that Splinter Cell will outshine MGS2 in every area. I really enjoyed MG for the PS, but after playing the Splinter Cell demo, my views have shifted.

Hey guys, this is not a port! It is a completely different game! Different plot and everything, just the same main character, so don't worry, this is xbox exclusive, so the graphics should slap pos2's mgs across the face...

Splinter what? MGS is out now so I will be playing it for the first time now. In a couple of weeks when SC comes out I will get that as well and see how good it is. Metal Gear needs to be played on the Xbox. I think it is awesome. I bought it on an absolute whim knowing that NHL2k3 and Shenmue II were really what I wanted but I was intrigued to play this game because I never owned a PS2 and I remember all the press this game got when it first came out..

Both of the games are worth buying but splenter cell is better but if you like alot of little mission and got a whole lot of time Metal gear is better

Ive heard bad things about this game. I played for about 2 hours in my cousins house and i think its pretty ****in boring. Too much cinema, too little action. So, instead of buying and "watching" MGS2, i think ill get Splinter Cell nd play it to death whenever it comes out over here...
    Nuair a chonaic me an capal sios an staihgre, is eagla me.
    XBOX AND GAMECUBE RULE

MGS???? wut that stand 4
    Hidden Content

Brotha from anotha mutha of anotha brotha from a mutha.

Thread Information