Thread: Unreal Championship will have vehicles..Confirmed?

Lightbulb Unreal Championship will have vehicles..Confirmed?

At least thats what an advertisement in the new December OXM says....look at the 3rd page of the XBL advertisement after page 142. Its under where it says :
    "Xbox Live: The Games
    Unreal Championship
    "Shoot bad guys, drive vehicles, conquer alien worlds. It's the ultimate Unreal. Online, and out of control." I don't think I have seen this posted anywhere. Note: It does say Special Advertising Section at the top of each page meaning it came straight from MS and not some screw up on OXM's part. If this is a repeat topic sorry.
    Thanks,
    JBP
    Last edited by jbp641; 11-06-2002 at 05:06 PM.

I am 99% positive that it is a misprint of old information. Vehicles were removed from UC and UT2003 early on because they altered the gameplay too much. They are available for mods in UT2003 and I'm sure it might be possible that they create a downloadable pack for UC that has vehicle specific maps and they will unlock the vehicles present in the current code.

The shipping version of UC will/should have the vehicles locked if they even left it in there. They could have recompiled the game to remove all aspects of them. They didn't on UT2003.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

yeah... that is really strange. I've never seen that from reading the live news. I don't think there are any in tourament 2k2 or else they wouldve mentioned it more.

I think I speak for a number of people when I say:
    NOT AGAIN!

I was pretty sure that everyone on XBA established that there are NO vehicles in UC. It would've be cool, it might be an addon/mod thing that can be downloaded on LIVE. We don't know, ask the guys at Digital Extremes
    (heh, if you can.. )

See ya guys on LIVE, frag ya guys on LIVE, only 9 days left....

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

FACT: Vehicles were originally planned for UC.

FACT: Vehicles were only planned as a mode of fast transportation, NOT combat.

FACT: Vehicles were taken out of UC because they did not fit in with the gameplay well.

What hole were you living in for the past 5 months?

Originally posted by wweomaniac
    I don't think there are any in tourament 2k2 or else they wouldve mentioned it more.
    They are in UT 2k3. I've played with them. It was put in for mods to play with and there is a demo map made by epic as well. The vehicle isn't just for fast transportation either, as it fire rockets. I highly doubt that it will ever show up on UC though.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

I knew all of those facts and agreed with them until I saw this advertisement it just seems odd that MS would not get there facts straight.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I still remember the first streaming video of Unreal Championship in which one of the characters was riding on what resembled a hovering skooter across a sandy terain.

I guess we'll see what happens, but, as of right now, I'm not betting on vehicles. Mode for transporation? That's fine, but, I'd rather be demolishing all of your asses on foot

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    I still remember the first streaming video of Unreal Championship in which one of the characters was riding on what resembled a hovering skooter across a sandy terain.

I guess we'll see what happens, but, as of right now, I'm not betting on vehicles. Mode for transporation? That's fine, but, I'd rather be demolishing all of your asses on foot
    Heh, me too... but road kill would have been nice too...

Well either way I hope this can replace HALO in my online FPS option... XBConnect is driving me crazy ever since I got the XBL Beta.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by jbp641
    Well either way I hope this can replace HALO in my online FPS option... XBConnect is driving me crazy ever since I got the XBL Beta.
    I hear ya, man...playing on XBConnect is still fun to do...but, there is one problem. You know how there is bullet delay if you are not hosting? I'm almost TOO used to it! Seriously! Whenever I host a game, I tend to aim a little too much ahead like I'm leading a person...but, when I'm hosting, I don't have to lead nearly as much, so, it's screwing up my skills!

XBox Live is so bad ass...I played MotoGP last week for the first time on XBox Live and there was a total of 16 dudes and it was completely lag free. I was amazed. I have very high hopes for Unreal Championship...it's going to be mad crazy!!

Thread Information