Thread: Xbox Already Dead In Japan?

Default Xbox Already Dead In Japan?

With only 278,860 in total Xbox consoles sold in Japan should Xbox just give up in The Land Of No American made Products that will sell?

Well check out this link that give indication Microsoft may move on and give up on Japan.

Voice your thoughts...

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

they won't give up..cuz they can't give up

Exclamation Give up?

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    they won't give up..cuz they can't give up

Well, I am going to have to agree with DZNUTZ here. Japan is a big gaming place and they might need Japan. America is the main one I guess though for the XBOX... It will just seem weird is Microsoft removes the XBOX from Japan.

i think xbox will start picking up in japan when they release RPG's and all because they arent really big fans of FPS's just give it time.. i also think they arent buying it because its an american system and they want to see how it does.

Default Re: Give up?

Originally posted by Discretion

Well, I am going to have to agree with DZNUTZ here. Japan is a big gaming place and they might need Japan. America is the main one I guess though for the XBOX... It will just seem weird is Microsoft removes the XBOX from Japan.
    What good is staying in Japan if you wont succeed?
    As much as I want anyone to topal Sony, it's just not gonna happen. Not in this generation of gaming.
    As far as im concerned, da only thing dat could save Xbox in Japan is Enix or/and Squares full support, and their is no way in hell dat will happen,.. sad to say...

Xbox is finished in Japan..:o

They wont give up for one its microsoft and for teo they need te game developers . Thats what makes japan so important. I believe it will also gain in popularity with the next generation.
    Taliesin of "Omega Squad"

Games owned; GR, GRIT, Outlaw Volleyball, 2K3, Fever 2002, Matrix, Commandos, Halo, Splinter Cell, Brute Force, Fuzion Frezy, PGR, Tiger Woods 2003, Tetris Worlds, Crimson Skies

Waiting for; Links 2004, Rainbow 6, Counter Strike, Ninja Gaiden,

the weird thing is if sony made the xbox and it was exactly like it is now same games in all, the fact that sony made it would make it be selling much better so why are people that agianst MS they should put what ever they dont like behind them and see this isnt a PC and its the best console by far if people were smart they would want the best they could get... at least i would.

in the long run, if you don't succeed in Japan, you don't succeed.

MS has to continue to try and work it's magic on the Japanese. They knew they were going to have a hard time breaking in, and I am sure they have a long term strategy and will be more than patient.

I don't see them throwing in the towel in Japan. They will take what they can and keep feeding them as much "Special" stuff as they can until, as stated earlier, RPG's start rolling out.

I think MS and Bill Gates have more patience than we the supporters of the system have.

We want the success now so we can feel good about our system, and that's understandable, but MS is in this for the long haul.

The real battle is in round 2 of this console war.............

XBOX 2 vs PS3

I'm still real happy with my decision.

They should never have even tried to start. And MS really hasn't learned to make games Japanese will like.

Default Re: Re: Give up?

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

What good is staying in Japan if you wont succeed?
    As much as I want anyone to topal Sony, it's just not gonna happen. Not in this generation of gaming.
    As far as im concerned, da only thing dat could save Xbox in Japan is Enix or/and Squares full support, and their is no way in hell dat will happen,.. sad to say...

Xbox is finished in Japan..:o

Well, what is they pull out. There is no chance of success than. If they stay, there is a chance they might succeed.

Japan's loss...Happy jaggies.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

I LIKE BOOBIES!

doa volleyball will sell great in japan

bmxxxx will sell good in japan.......

YOU KNOW IT!

FOSHEEZY!

C'mon ChickenSHHHH.....everybody likes BOOBIES!!! I think that microsoft misread the market....Hey Billy!!! here's a clue...The japanese like to play games that are made by japanese companies!!! Do what ever it takes to get japanese game companys on board!!!! They want new big name titles....not half @ss ports!!!! My two cents.............
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Just give the japaneese some linear, no-replay-value, spike haired midget action games, call it an rpg, and then they will be happy.

I dont care , its not like it makes a difference to me

Xbox is a superior machine to PS2, and to Gamecube (although GC is a much closer call). Give it time. There's lots of good games coming for Xbox, games that will blow anything on PS2 away world-wide.

Sony's announced plans for the PS3 look like absolute chicken crap right now, so MS/Xbox ought to keep the faith in Japanese gamers for the long haul IMO.

Suffice it to say I never expected to see sushi in American supermarkets, yet there it is. Japanese gamers will warm to Xbox and Xbox gaming, have no fear. After all, humans get into this for fun, not to support nationalistic prejudices.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
    and to think american gamers are part responsible for Sony's success, i would never buy another sony product as long as i live no matter wtf it is.unless they change there tune.

I have a sony cd player...but i dont care cause I didnt buy it.

I could careless what is happening with the xbox in Japan.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Thread Information