Thread: Xbox 2 News

Default Xbox 2 News

Source: http://news.gaminghorizon.com/

Xbox 2 discussion already? Yes, rumors are flying around but we have some juicy details that we have heard from a UK correspondent. Details about the Xbox specs and other developers have been brought up. The recently acquired Rare Entertainment is said to be working on a next-generation project, as well as the Black and White developers, Lionhead. Which brings up the question. Can we expect an updated version of Black and White on the Xbox 2?

Throughout many of the rumors in the UK, specs were also made known. Stating that the Xbox 2 will contain a Pentium 4 2Ghz or higher processor and the GPU will be the NV30 (GeForce 5). One thing that has been previously announced by Microsoft’s first-party development head, Ed Fries, and general manager of Xbox worldwide, J. Allard, the Xbox 2 will hit retail stores before the Playstation 3 which is scheduled around 2005. As formerly stated above, these are rumors and not have been deemed official, but are indeed from a credible source. Expect more on this developing story in the coming days

Phew, good thing by 2005 I'll have graduated and have a job. Otherwise convincing my parents to buy me a XBOX 2 would be impossible. The release before PS3 should give Microsoft much needed head start.

Banned

its probly gonna cost $500

I don't think the head start factor is all the guys make it out to be..The bad thing about head starts is your rivals....gets a chance to study your hardware and tops it...etc..playstation 2..first.......gamecube second more powerful........Xbox third the most powerful. I think the xbox 2 is going to be dead in the water unless microsoft stops it's PC way of thinking and starts to play by the consoles rules..... Case in point..Marketing!!!...Marketing is much more important to consoles than to the computer/ Pc games You can't just market a console to the haredcore base....You have to market to the mass market. Then again, the Xbox 2 is still aways away......
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
    I don't think the head start factor is all the guys make it out to be..The bad thing about head starts is your rivals....gets a chance to study your hardware and tops it...etc..playstation 2..first.......gamecube second more powerful........Xbox third the most powerful. I think the xbox 2 is going to be dead in the water unless microsoft stops it's PC way of thinking and starts to play by the consoles rules..... Case in point..Marketing!!!...Marketing is much more important to consoles than to the computer/ Pc games You can't just market a console to the haredcore base....You have to market to the mass market. Then again, the Xbox 2 is still aways away......
    Xbox is the most powerful...

Your mistaken my fellow XBAer... the head start IS all I make it out to be. You see, the time it takes the rivals to study the hardware then top it will only delay it. XBOX 2 plans to be released a few months before the PS3 correct? Then In those few months production has already started on the PS3s, if they want to wait to see the XBOX 2 first, they'll only throw everything back, and they'll be throwing their money away. PS2 is only doing better because of it's head start, Microsoft won't make the same mistake twice.

Point well taken.....But still i think it's never to early to be hyping it (xbox 2).....you know with those it's coming ads...at the same time, i think that microsoft should take a page out of the sony rulebook...by letting you play your xbox games on the new xbox 2 console.
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

With the success of a company like Microsoft, i am quite sure that Xbox 2 will allow you to use the Xbox controllers, games , and many of the other add on features , which will result in greater consumer loyalty.

$500???? noooooooo...too much
    xbox 360 games owned...Amped 3, NBA2K7 & Guitar Hero 2

Wii games owned: wii play

Point well taken.....But still i think it's never to early to be hyping it (xbox 2).....you know with those it's coming ads...at the same time, i think that microsoft should take a page out of the sony rulebook...by letting you play your xbox games on the new xbox 2 console.
    Yeah, I hope they do the backward compatible stuff. You could always fall back on Halo 1 with a steady frame rate of over 30, no hiccups in battles! Well, I'll buy an XBOX 2, Sony and Nintendo can't show me better quality for the buck...

I may buy the Xbox 2, but only if it is the best system. Thats why I bought Xbox in the first place, if sony or nintendo make the better system ill buy theres.

The key will be forking over some cash to EA and Sega and have them making some sick sports titles to juice the mags with sweet got to have screenshots, then they need Fable 2, a Rare game and a few more sweet launch titles.
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

Thread Information