Poll: Who should the "Official" Xbox masscot be?

Thread: Xbox Masscot

Default Xbox Masscot

I say master chief.

Master chief & all the DOA girls!

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

Master Chief cannot be a mascot for two reasons:

1) A mascot must have a silhouette that immediately identifies the character. Master Chief is just a suit of body armor. It could be anybody.

2) A mascot must have personality. Master Chief has none.

A suitable mascot for XBOX has not emerged. The third criteria is to be the star of a highly successful game. You need all three criteria for a mascot to emerge.

A mascot is not appointed. It is chosen by the gamers through sales.

It would also be good if the mascot came from a first-party title.

I would say the next promising contender is TORK, coming in the Spring of 2003.

LINK TO TORK INFO
    Last edited by Hugh_Jass; 11-10-2002 at 09:46 PM.

It does have to be first party. People argue that Donkey Kong along with Mario was N64 mascot and DK is made by Rare. Also Crash Bandicoot wasn't made by Sony CEA, I'm not sure who made it, but that was PSones mascot. I think that Abe or Munch would make a good mascot. Just my opinion, though.
    Proud owner of NES, SNES, Genisis, Saturn, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, Kiddycube, PS2 & Xbox

Hidden Content

XBL TAGS: Hydro Blast, Black Inferno, Ekstatik

PS2 had Crash Bandicoot
    GC has Mario
    but wasnt raven and her robot like the un oficial mascots?

Well i don't think Xbox has a mascot at this time, but it will have recognicable mascot when time passes on

if they make splinter cell exclusive for xbox than that guy can be the mascot. otherwise ill say its mastercheif.

Master Cheif for sure. I mean Halo got all the hipe up for the XBox release.

Starving College Student

Originally posted by Laxeph
    It does have to be first party. People argue that Donkey Kong along with Mario was N64 mascot and DK is made by Rare. Also Crash Bandicoot wasn't made by Sony CEA, I'm not sure who made it, but that was PSones mascot. I think that Abe or Munch would make a good mascot. Just my opinion, though.
    donkey kong was first made by nintendo..they later let rare borrow the characters for their games...kinda of like how capcom made those zelda oracle games on GBA, and how camelot made mario tennis/golf, and how sega is making fzero GC, and how rare made starfox adventures, and how namco is making another starfox game
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
    [B]Master Chief cannot be a mascot for two reasons:

1) A mascot must have a silhouette that immediate identifies the character. Master Chief is just a suit of body armor. It could be anybody.

2) A mascot must have personality. Master Chief has none.

A suitable mascot for XBOX has not emerged. The third criteria is to be the star of a highly successful game. You need all three criteria for a mascot to emerge.

A mascot is not appointed. It is chosen by the gamers through sales.

It would also be good if the mascot came from a first-party title.

I would say the next promising contender is TORK, coming in the Spring of 2003.
    Hell, Master Chief's armor is all u need... he doesn't need a personality, he's kinda a military cyborg... He's cool, tough, strong, fast, and a killing machine... and if you've noticed all of those also describe the XBOX.

But, since Halo seems like it's going to the PC, he might not be the best choice... though Master Chief in MJOLNIR Mark VI armor (HALO 2 armor, see sig) would be bad @$$.

Master Chief is the perfect Xbox mascot for other reasons than Halo just being so damn good.

Just think about it. He's big and green, complementing the XBOX perfectly.

I say to all who will hear, let it be Master Chief.

I am tired of Crash, Sonic. And I don't want some Blinx cat either.

I would want something that is all xbox, green and mean....

Master Chief...

I say Toof from Whacked!.

He has plenty of character and is easily identified by a silhouette. Of course now he just needs his own game which with his appetite should be easy.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Master Chief. Xbox has always been geared towards a more mature audience, see BMX XXX uncensored, DOA Volleyball, etc. We don't need anythng cute and cuddly beuase no that isn't MS's target demographic. Halo is our best game, it was a launch game, and Master Chief is immediately recognizable.

I think Xbox is a big green badass machine, just like the Chief.

Own:
    Halo, NBA 2K3, NFL 2K3, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Splinter Cell, FIFA World Cup 2002, Tony Hawk 2x, Dead to Rights, Sega GT/JSRF, Two Towers
    Sold:
    Max Payne, Morrowind, NFL Fever 2002, NHL Hitz 2002, Unreal Championship, NBA 2K2, Project Gotham Racing, Enclave, Hunter: The Reckoning, JSFR, Amped
    Want:
    BC, Blinx, Breed, Brute Force, Deus Ex II, Doom III, Fable, Halo 2, Loose Cannon, Mafia, Ninja Gaiden, Perfect Dark 0, Star Wars: KOTOR, Star Wars Jedi Outcast, True Crime, GTA 3x(wishful thining, but I wanna own it). 2003 is gonna be the year of the XBOX!
    Hate:
    Unreal Championship, Project Gotham Racing, NFL Fever, NBA Inside Drive, WWF Raw, JSRF, SSX Tricky, Madden, NBA Live, Enclave, Bruce Lee, Smashing Drive, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Metal Gear Solid Substance, Prisoner of War, more to come...

Say Master Chief or Munch from Oddworld.
    Games I Need: Fable, Halo 2, Hitman 3, Doom 3, Half Life 2,

Originally posted by Lynxfx
    I say Toof from Whacked!.
    He has plenty of character and is easily identified by a silhouette. Of course now he just needs his own game which with his appetite should be easy.

Who owns Toof now that Presto is out of business?

XBox does not need a goofy cartoon character to sell. That's for systems that need a gimick. All XBox needs to do is show actual game footage in their commercials, and it sells.

Default how could it not be master chief

..how could it not be master chief.......the idea behind him is that he's green and black .......he doesnt run his mouth...and he kills anything he sees that poses a threat .....not to mention he dont take crap from anything.....screw that whole shadow thing...xbox is breakin all the rules i think it should break that one.
    My Games: Halo, DOA3, NHL Hitz 2002, Transworld Surfing, Hitman 2, Deathrow, Dead To Rights, Bloodrayne, NFL Fever 2002, Bloodwake, Blood Omen 2, Max Payne, WWF RAW, Spiderman, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Wreckless, Hunter: The Reckoning, Unreal Championship, Steel Batallion, Ghost Recon, Mechassault, Dark Angel, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Splinter Cell, Battle Engine Aquila, Knockout Kings 2002, Lord of The Rings: Two Towers, Legends of Wrestling II

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
    Who owns Toof now that Presto is out of business?
    I'm not sure, there is no mention of who got all the rights on presto's old website. I'd assume that Microsoft owns the rights now since Microsoft Game Studios is the one that published the game. It is "Only on Xbox" so that would make sense.

Tork looks interesting as well.

Only reason why I wouldn't go with Master Cheif is because he is more of an ambassador to the Xbox rather than a mascot. BTW, mascots can appeal to all ages and demographics. Just because they are cartoons doesn't mean they have to be for children.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Thread Information