Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i want SQUARE support

Default i want SQUARE support

the only thing i want for my XBOX is final fantasy!

The only reason PS2 is totaly whomping XBOX is because SQUARE does not support XBOX!

SQUARE is god of games!
    moogles!...............are all i wanna see on my XBOX

Default Re: i want SQUARE support

Originally posted by ginger pig
    the only thing i want for my XBOX is final fantasy!

The only reason PS2 is totaly whomping XBOX is because SQUARE does not support XBOX!

SQUARE is god of games!
    Yo, I felt the same way when I first got my Xbox. Said to myself "dayum, the only thing I'm missing is some FF games".

But, you might as well come to terms that it ain't gonna happen.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

One thing that I dont want to come to Xbox is a ton of linear japaneese action games featuring spike-haired cartoon midgets...

Originally posted by EHWfedPres
    One thing that I dont want to come to Xbox is a ton of linear japaneese action games featuring spike-haired cartoon midgets...
    Ya, but many others do.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Dre

Ya, but many others do.
    Yes, but many others do not. Squaresoft is a crappy game company as far as im concerned.

The Great One

Default The Final Fantasy series rocks

I'm sorry you can't appreciate the Final Fantasy series, but it has been one of the most creative series' in game history.

While most of Xbox's current list of games don't take advantage of the Xbox's hardware, Squaresoft has shown a history of pushing whatever system they use to its limits. HOw many times are we let down by a game because it doesn't use the Xbox's hardware advantage over the PS2?

That's the real let down by Sony not letting them produce games for the Xbox. You know that's why there are no Squaresoft games on Xbox, right? Sony owns like 20% of the company.
    I am the YETI!!!!

Default Re: The Final Fantasy series rocks

Originally posted by Dulacc
    I'm sorry you can't appreciate the Final Fantasy series, but it has been one of the most creative series' in game history.
    Creative? Perhaps. Entertaining? Not to me at all.

Hop off the popularity bandwagon ok?

Default Re: Re: The Final Fantasy series rocks

Creative? Perhaps. Entertaining? Not to me at all.

Hop off the popularity bandwagon ok?
    Its the stories that Square writes for the series that are so captivating. Its not a popularity bandwagon, quit being so obtuse.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Default Re: Re: Re: The Final Fantasy series rocks

Originally posted by Dre

Its the stories that Square writes for the series that are so captivating. Its not a popularity bandwagon, quit being so obtuse.
    Well yes, the stories (some) are quite well-written...the FF movie is one of my favorite movies, mainly cause of the gomputer generation, but thats another story. I tried playing FF games but got bored way too quickly...and turn-based fighting is the worst thing that was ever put into any video games ever. Save the turns for Monopoly. I dont think an enemy would just let you attack him and hope you stand still...that gets very boring very quickly. The games are overhyped as well IMO, and the linear style of play offers little replay value.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: The Final Fantasy series rocks

Well yes, the stories (some) are quite well-written...the FF movie is one of my favorite movies, mainly cause of the gomputer generation, but thats another story. I tried playing FF games but got bored way too quickly...and turn-based fighting is the worst thing that was ever put into any video games ever. Save the turns for Monopoly. I dont think an enemy would just let you attack him and hope you stand still...that gets very boring very quickly. The games are overhyped as well IMO, and the linear style of play offers little replay value.
    I agree with you that turn-based fighting is pretty lame nowadays. But think about the first FF games. Do you think they would have been as much fun if it wouldn't have been turn-based? What I mean is I don't think the Nintendo or SNES could handle a real-time fighting engine on top of everything else, and if it could, I wonder how much fun it would actually have been.

Square's just sticking to its roots, to what has worked for them since the beginning. When you have a winning formula, there's no reason to change it. That said, a FF game with a real-time fighting engine (or something like that of the upcoming Sudeki) would be SWEET.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Final Fantasy series rocks

Originally posted by Dre

I agree with you that turn-based fighting is pretty lame nowadays. But think about the first FF games. Do you think they would have been as much fun if it wouldn't have been turn-based? What I mean is I don't think the Nintendo or SNES could handle a real-time fighting engine on top of everything else, and if it could, I wonder how much fun it would actually have been.

Square's just sticking to its roots, to what has worked for them since the beginning. When you have a winning formula, there's no reason to change it. That said, a FF game with a real-time fighting engine (or something like that of the upcoming Sudeki) would be SWEET.
    The main reason (besides the horrible fighting) i dont like ff games is because I want some variety and freedom in my games. Without those two elements, an rpg is simply not an rpg but more like and action game. I dont want to play as the same dude over and over and over and over again and again and again and again, that gets boring after the first time. Linear gameplay is the same story...not worth playing thru again after you beat it the first time.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: The Final Fantasy series rocks

and turn-based fighting is the worst thing that was ever put into any video games ever.
    I disagree. Turn-based fighting allows for strategic gaming instead of twitch-based. We need MORE turn-based games.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

I hear some rumor about Squaresoft. They are making a title that will only appear on Xbox. It's a RPG (sure) and sequel to something. Anyone remember Seiken Densetsu 1, 2, 3 and Legends of Mana ? It's could be a sequel to these one with improve character (look more mature one). I know, it's just a rumor...but hopefully a rumor will be true...
    Back into the world of gaming.

Originally posted by Shadow20002
    I hear some rumor about Squaresoft. They are making a title that will only appear on Xbox. It's a RPG (sure) and sequel to something. Anyone remember Seiken Densetsu 1, 2, 3 and Legends of Mana ? It's could be a sequel to these one with improve character (look more mature one). I know, it's just a rumor...but hopefully a rumor will be true...
    Maybe a Chrono game!?? That would be kickass!
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

The best rpg of all time imo is legand of legaia. a sequel is coming out for ps2. it would be awesome if it came out foor xbox. that game was so fun.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Final Fantasy series rocks

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

I disagree. Turn-based fighting allows for strategic gaming instead of twitch-based. We need MORE turn-based games.

well monopoly party is coming...happy?

I enjoy turn-based as well as non-turn-based games. I feel that currently, XBOX needs more of BOTH (but especially turn-based).

There is no denying that Squaresoft sells a buttload of games, and even if you don't like squaresoft, you would have to admit that the sales it would generate (if it ever came to the xbox) would be a welcome addition. Hell, anything that makes the Xbox a better gaming system as a whole is good for me as a gamer.

that said, I REALLY enjoyed the game Front Mission III for the original Playstation, by Squaresoft.

It was a turn-based, squad, mech game set in japan where you could play through as "both sides" (each side lasted like 40 hours of gameplay or some nice length like that). Good story, good amount of weapons (upgrade your "mech' basically anyway you wanted: body, head, legs, arms, weapons, missles, backpack, ect). It was similar to like a Mech FF game.

If you have a playstation or a ps2, I would check this game out.

ok...sorry for going way off topic

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

How about Heroes of Might & Magic Series ? This one is truly turn-based strategy game.... I don't know if this one gonna come for Xbox..
    Back into the world of gaming.

Originally posted by Shadow20002
    How about Heroes of Might & Magic Series ? This one is truly turn-based strategy game.... I don't know if this one gonna come for Xbox..
    ok...I might be WAAAAAY off topic here...

There was a game that I played years and years ago, on the old Sega System. I thoguht it was called something like Might and Magic, or something similar to it. It was an RPG, with a party of like 6 characters. The game was freaking LONG and indepth for an old sega game.

If anyone has a clue what it was called, PLEASE tell me.

the might and magic series sucks so bad.

best RPG ever: either Pagan: Ultima VIII or Morrowind.

Thread Information