Thread: Ghost Recon

Default Ghost Recon

Anybody have it yet ? Whaddya think ? I'm very interested, but want to hear some opinions before I drop my $50 on it. How does it compare to SOCOM ?
    Steve

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

its not out yet.

XBA's Official Doctor Snake Eyez's Avatar

Comes out Nov 17 or the 20th.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

it ships to EB on the 12th, so they should have it by the 13th...

Default don't know which to go with

At first I was definitely getting Ghost Recon. Then I thought, maybe I should go with Unreal Championship, and I just recently saw an awesome review for Mech Assault, which I would have never bought. Ultimately I will probably get 2 of the three, with the idea of playing them on XBOX Live. I am getting concerned that the whole XBOX Live thing could flop though. They better be able to do some really aggressive advertising and promoting or I am afraid we are looking at a DreamCast situation.
    Anna Kournikova is the greatest modern-day tennis player!

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

Default Re: don't know which to go with

Originally posted by Robflare
    At first I was definitely getting Ghost Recon. Then I thought, maybe I should go with Unreal Championship, and I just recently saw an awesome review for Mech Assault, which I would have never bought. Ultimately I will probably get 2 of the three, with the idea of playing them on XBOX Live. I am getting concerned that the whole XBOX Live thing could flop though. They better be able to do some really aggressive advertising and promoting or I am afraid we are looking at a DreamCast situation.

i'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that u aren't a beta tester.
    belive me...it aint gonna flop.
    XL is all dat and a bowl of grits

Default Beta test

No,

I could not sign up. DSL is actually coming to my house 11/15 unless it gets pushed back again. We live in West Fort Lauderdale and there are no lines for DSL or cable yet. Can you believe it? This is a heavily populated area, but I should have it in time. Let me ask you this. I had DSL and used GameSpy to play on line games. It was difficult to find players with equal connections. Some cable connections won't be as fast as others for example. How has the beta version held up? What games have you played?

Member on the run

With Beta, if you have trouble with someone's connection, just host it yourself and invite everyone from the game. Usually you can tell how good everyone's connection is from the bars associated with them in Whacked, but other games seem a little tougher. Either way, it's not hard to find someone with a compatible connection usually.

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

robflare...go to the xboxlive discussion forums.

their are many threads there , including a Q & A sticky, that will answer almost all of your questions.

Are you afraid? So am I! XBX_Junior_XBX's Avatar

I am going to get tomorrow. Big fan of the series and i just love fps and this one is going LIVE, hell yeahh!!! : P

Are you guys ready to die!?? : )

Default thanks

I'll check out the XBOX Live discussion. Does anyone know what Unreal Tournament got for a review score?

it's out, because I just saw a couple of my friends on XBL were playing it.

Also saw two of them playing Mechassault.

Sit down and Shut up!!!!! CharlieHustle's Avatar

I have it. I got it at eb today. I have only played the training part, so it will take me at least by tomorrow to give my impressions. But, its out. cuz i spent an hour debating between Mech Assault or Ghost. I went with ghost cuz its more realistic. Tomorrow i will be deciding between UC or Mech assault.

Default Ghost

I picked it up last night as well. Haven't even unwrapped it yet.

I rented it and I must say it is very very cool. Understand, I have never played the game before so I had no idea what to expect. I really like it. Graphics are quite nice, sound is engrossing, and the whole effect is that you are there. I have not played on line becuz I do not have Live and won't get til I have beat the single player missions. I figure by then I will be good enough to at least contribute to my team.

But from what little I have played, this is a must buy for me.

The gameplay is a little slow compared to that of UT, but GR definitely has a lot of replay online. Single player experience is kind of boring, but you should know the basics before you go online and challenge some people

Does anyone else's lag whenever you launch an anti-tank rocket? I lost three guys and an M1 because of the stupid lag. Other than that, excellent game. Especially the visuals. I can barely see my own guys!

Member on the run

Originally posted by Solid Cell
    Does anyone else's lag whenever you launch an anti-tank rocket? I lost three guys and an M1 because of the stupid lag. Other than that, excellent game. Especially the visuals. I can barely see my own guys!
    I'd recommend a bigger TV if you can't see your own guys. As for the lag, it might just be the person hosting the game. Try hosting your own, unless your connection sucks, then that would be the reasoning for it.

Question

Does Ghost Recon have a coop campaign mode or is it just single player and how is the multi-player mode?

Sit down and Shut up!!!!! CharlieHustle's Avatar

Yes, it does have the single player online death match mode. It also has the team death match mode, and the co-op mode and i think i am missing another online option it has. Anyways, the co-op mode is by far the coolest because you team up with real humans to complete missions. The offline campaign is fun also, but the online aspect is so addicting you will probably forget about the offline mode.

Thread Information