Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medal of honor-frontline

Default Medal of honor-frontline

Can anyone tell me if the xbox version differs greatly from the ps2 version in respects to more levels,does it have co-op play, multi-player facility. From what I can see its a somewhat different mission set-up.

I've read its a straight port that has been altered to include multiplayer but thats about it. I wouldnt look for anything special added to it as EA is not in the mind of helping out Microsoft with its console.
    What do you mean, "I hurt your feelings"?
    I didn't know you had any feelings.

Yep, from what I hear if you already have the PS2 version, no reason to by the box's.

Me, I don't so it's a must have for me.

Actually, the only reason I can think of for the xbox version is that i hate FPS on PS2. I know other people like it, but I've always felt the PS2 controller was the worst for FPS.
    RIP Dave

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

ill pass on this game...ps2 version sucked big time.

I thought the comp version sucked as well, but im gonna give it another try, I only played it for about 5 minutes.

i never played it before,,but it does sound to be a good game,but with all the other great games coming out MOH is just going to be a rental for me.
    • My "LIVE" games
    • Ghost Recon IT
    • Rainbow 6 lll
    • Counter Strike

anyone know if MOH is out now?,,,i'am pretty sure today was it's release day,
    • My "LIVE" games
    • Ghost Recon IT
    • Rainbow 6 lll
    • Counter Strike

its in stores fri nov 8th

Yea if it's like the PS2 version I'll pass, although if it's similar to MOH Allied Assault for the PC then it may be woth at least a rent. BTW can't wait for Spearhead expansion to come out next week!

i'm pretty sure its nearly identicle to the ps2 version.

You guys (Duke, Woocifer, yall) are misinformed. The Xbox version is much-improved.

New OXM gave it a 9.0. Among other things, they say: "The Xbox is exactly what MoH: Frontline needed. Although it was acclaimed as a great game on the PS2, it suffered from a wildly inconsistent frame rate that often affected playability and lacked a much-needed multiplayer mode. The Xbox addresses these issues fully and the result is the fastest, smoothest, best sounding, best playing version of an already great game."

Here is more:
    "Everything looks so much smoother due to a complete lack of aliasing and a framerate that is consistent and blazing fast. These two improvements really help to bring out the rich detail in the game's environments."

They mention the addition of 5.1 sound, "a rocket whizzing by your right ear and exploding just behind you," etc., then say:

"Thankfully [these improvements] weren't enough for EA. Up to four players can compete via split screen...including some suberb bombed-out cities that are perfect for sniping."

So yes, there are significant improvements here.
    Last edited by Arven; 11-07-2002 at 09:27 AM.

Default moh

thanks for the help, your info is just what I wanted to here!

But…as you know EGM p!ssed all over the Xbox version, I don’t even want to get into the details. Anyway, I’ll be getting mine tomorrow 11/8, and I know Xbox is the best version.
    Last edited by FuNkY mOnK; 11-07-2002 at 01:59 PM.

One thing I want to know....is there bots in the multiplayer... cuz if there isnt, then the multiplayer will be kinda a dull scenario each time.

I need more people in the multiplayer element to feel like its actually MULTI player... Lets hope, but I bet it wont have bots. How can you have war with only 2-4 people... grrrrr

It will be that sniping/deathmatch scenario each time. That is cool and all...but gets tired soon

BOTS!!!!! GIVE ME ONLINE OR GIVE ME BOTS!!!! MY KINGDOM FOR A BOT!!!!...

eat snacky smores
    What do you mean, "I hurt your feelings"?
    I didn't know you had any feelings.

Don't get me wrong I will probably get this, but the improvements aren't that significamt. The improvements are due to the fact that the xbox is faster and supports 5.1 sound. I'm miffed because there will be no live support, and the graphics, other than the frame rate, have remained largely unchanged.

"four players can compete via split screen.....perfect for sniping."

Ummm, isn't that a bit of a contradiction?!
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Originally posted by Lynxfx
    "four players can compete via split screen.....perfect for sniping." Ummm, isn't that a bit of a contradiction?!
    no, I guess that's not so perfect after all...lol.

Woocifer: sorry, no bots in multiplayer from what I've seen.

Not sure if I'll be picking this up myself. I loved the first but got bored about two-thirds of the way through the second. Not sure whether I'm up for trouncing through another WWII battlefield.

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

"four players can compete via split screen.....perfect for sniping."

Ummm, isn't that a bit of a contradiction?!

nothing related to this discussion..just had to tell ya lynxfx...thats one hell of an avatar u got.

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    nothing related to this discussion..just had to tell ya lynxfx...thats one hell of an avatar u got.
    LOL, yeah I figured what the hell. EA keeps pooch screwing the Xbox. Until they release an Xbox exclusive or develope for the Xbox first then port it down to the PS2, the avatar stays. Add in Live support to that equation as well.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

LOL, yeah I figured what the hell. EA keeps pooch screwing the Xbox. Until they release an Xbox exclusive or develope for the Xbox first then port it down to the PS2, the avatar stays. Add in Live support to that equation as well.
    don't worry about it, i'm sure 2003 and on will be a different tune for the xbox and EA.

Thread Information