Thread: I Had X-box Live!

Default I Had X-box Live!

Yes people I actually had the hottest thing in gaming in my hands. I went to Best Buy. I felt the power, I felt like all of you should cower at my feet. I saw the future of gaming come alive. I already imagined myself playing on UC and Mech Assault. I was going to be able to have bragging rights to all my friends. Nothing can top me NOW!!!!................................................Only to have it ripped from my hands and to be told, FRIDAY! DOH! My world turned to crap. So I'm like oh it shows in the brochure that the new Metallica box set LIVE SH*T Binge and Purge DVD edition. So I ask the lady were is it, only to be told Tuesday. DOH! DOH!. I hate the world! LOL. But this is a true story, but nothing will stop me on Tuesday.......maybe a flat tire. Why is it that Bet Buy says Friday is when XBL comes out? UC and MechAssault also said Thursday? At Gamestop it said they all come out on Tuesday. Did the companies decide to delay them a few days or is it BB's way of trying to be the messiah for the X-Box gamers that don't get XBL on tuesday?
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

HEHEHE. I thought about what I said for a few seconds and realised that yes the release is on Friday. I guess I'm so eager to get it tat I hoped it was Tuesday. Oh well Human error. But man when it's your hands you can't help but feel like a baby that had his favorite toy or a piece of candy taken away from him.
    Hidden Content

you should have went back with a gun and took everyone hostages until they gave you xbox live...
    Hidden Content

My plots never fail.

Sleeping

That's gotta suck. I've had XBL for a long time now, and it's not as good as you'd think. Well NFL fever, Whacked, ReVolt and MotoGP aren't.
    XBOX MSSC
    Hidden Content
    I'm back...for now...

Originally posted by XBOX MSSC
    That's gotta suck. I've had XBL for a long time now, and it's not as good as you'd think. Well NFL fever, Whacked, ReVolt and MotoGP aren't.
    Your insane! Moto GP is awesome! You must suck!

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by JJaX

He does

Member on the run

Originally posted by JJaX

I'll just have to say (since I haven't played him), that i have heard this is true. Though, personally, I don't like Moto myself either.

Whacked, I will own people on, but Moto, I suck royally, and don't find it fun to play when there's noone within a mile of me

Originally posted by rudedogX

I'll just have to say (since I haven't played him), that i have heard this is true. Though, personally, I don't like Moto myself either.

Whacked, I will own people on, but Moto, I suck royally, and don't find it fun to play when there's noone within a mile of me
    Yeah your suppost to win the race

Not be a lap behind.

i guess winning makes everything more enjoyable. But getting 2nd or 3rd is cool with me too

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Whacked, I will own people on,
    I wouldn't go that far

And XBL is everything that I was hoping it would be...especially since I've had it since August

Member on the run

Originally posted by casper

I wouldn't go that far

Well...fragfest at least (just ask DZ)

They had 3 on me and I still won.

I still havent tried whacked. It looks whack.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

I didn't like Whacked! at first but now I do. MotoGP is fun, I usually never get lower than 5th. Unless I get taken out on the first corner 5 times in a row. I can still usually make my way to the top five though. ReVolt was fun too, I just wish there were more tracks. The only game that has disapointed me so far is Fever. Then again I never expected much in the first place. It sucks how you can only have 2 xbox's connect over live to play it though. I mean come on. It is the most laggy game too.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Gamerscore Whore

XBL has been an awesome experience. It doesnt matter whether the games suck, it the service we are talking about. To be able to play someone 3000 miles away real time is amazing. And to be able to talk them real time is just as amazing.

Personally I like MotoGP and NFL 2k3. Don't care for Whacked, Fever is absolutely horrible and revolt was a little lame. But once again that is the games that were lame not the service.

XBL ROCKS!

I've had XBL for a long time now, and it's not as good as you'd think. Well NFL fever, Whacked, ReVolt and MotoGP aren't.
    I've been a beta tester for the last 8 weeks, and I could not disagree more with that opinion. XBL is indeed as good as you would think...scratch that...it's even BETTER than you would think.

The service itself is really VERY good. My greatest surprise from my experience is the almost complete lack of lag. That was my #1 worry about playing LIVE, and it turns out to be a non-issue. For the most part, if it weren't for your opponants talking, you could not tell whether you were playing live against a human or against the cpu. It's that smooth.

Microsoft really did their homework when putting this together. The service overall would get a 9 out of 10 from me. The only thing I would like to see is some way of comminucating with your friends and others w/o having to actually be playing a game. Being able to send messages or some brief chatting to organize and set up a game would be nice and helpful. If you are on XBL, but not actually playing a game, you are like on an island all by yourself. Adding a way to communicate better with other would add to the bein a part of a community feeling.

As for the games....

Motogp.... is a AWESOME racing game. If you like racing, you are going to love this game.

NFL Fever....well, come on, Fever sucks, so why would it be any better LIVE?

NFL2k3...now there's a man's game. You don't like playing this game LIVE, then you don't like football.

NBA2k3.....I have not played it, but from what I've heard, guys love it.

WHACKED!.....this game is a BLAST. I'm stunned at the so-so reviews it got. This turned out to be the game I play most on LIVE. It is an extremely fun and addictive game. So addictive, I went out and bought the full retail version....which, let me tell you, the demo version does not justice to the retail version. This is a GREAT party game, with a pretty darn good single player mode too.

Revolt....it was ok, but they made a good move getting rid of it.

Now, add to this list Mechassault, Ghost Recon, and Unreal Champioship and all I can say is......oh....my.....god

Do not walk to your nearest EB...RUN to your nearest EB and get XBL.
    Last edited by robnyack; 11-11-2002 at 04:57 PM.

Well...fragfest at least (just ask DZ)

They had 3 on me and I still won.
    hey rude, what happens when i play whacked with u?

As soon as SBC gets there butts in gear I'm getting Dsl & I will own all of you in Mech Assault! You better be ready to die to my PPC's!
    Last edited by Knight; 11-11-2002 at 05:12 PM.

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

Anyone know if there will be enough X-Box Lives to meet demand? It would really suck ass that they barely made enough to meet even the reserved copies. I'm a little shaken but not much because they've been making this for a while now and testing.
    Hidden Content

I feel so sorry for u.

No, I feel sorry for you.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by XBOX MSSC
    I hate you alot. XBL is not responsible 4 any of that. Its only games! If uve tried any of the sega games ud no what im talking about.

Thread Information