Thread: Is MGS: Substance a exlusive or not?!

Question Is MGS: Substance a exlusive or not?!

Well..the commercial said clearly it was only on xbox. I don't think they would say that if it was a time exclusive..

But then all the other sites say it's not?! I'm confused..is it, or is it not?!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Yes, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance is exclusive to the XBox. It is a revamped version of Metal Gear Solid 2 on the PS2.

hmm, from what i remember, Substance was SUPPOSED to be on PS2 and PC in December.....

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    Yes, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance is exclusive to the XBox. It is a revamped version of Metal Gear Solid 2 on the PS2.

its not exclusive...the ps2 and pc version are due out early 2003 i believe

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    nah, it's coming out on PC and PS2, but what i don't get is that if it supposedly is the first game to fill the 9 gig disc, how the hell is it gonna fit on a PS2 disc?

Originally posted by Gortholomew

nah, it's coming out on PC and PS2, but what i don't get is that if it supposedly is the first game to fill the 9 gig disc, how the hell is it gonna fit on a PS2 disc?
    Hmmm..geez... What a tough question... I know, maybe do like hundreds of other games and split it up on multiple discs?
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

im guessing the vr missions part of the game will be on another disc

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Originally posted by Dre

Hmmm..geez... What a tough question... I know, maybe do like hundreds of other games and split it up on multiple discs?
    good point, i am a dumba$$, it would be the first game on PS2 to do that though, wouldn't it?

good point, i am a dumba$$, it would be the first game on PS2 to do that though, wouldn't it?

That I do not know. Think we'll ever see a double game disc game for Xbox? That would be over 9 gigs of data.. have to be some massive CG animations, lots of hi-res textures and lots of voice-acting, thinking something like a massive RPG.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

But the commercial said "On Xbox Only"..they wouldn't say that if it was a time exclusive though...i dunno

Originally posted by Xbox Owner
    But the commercial said "On Xbox Only"..they wouldn't say that if it was a time exclusive though...i dunno
    hmm..isnt that what they said about wreckless too though exclusive could mean only on that system or exclusive for a certain time period

halo says exclusive too.... maybe MS bought konami and are making real metal gears in under water baese and makin spy fish with FRIKKIN lasers on there heads..... Muahahahahahaha......MUhahahahahahaha.........Muahahahahahahaha......

Originally posted by Dre
    Think we'll ever see a double game disc game for Xbox? That would be over 9 gigs of data.. have to be some massive CG animations, lots of hi-res textures and lots of voice-acting, thinking something like a massive RPG.
    hmmmm.. fable maybe?

PunkBuster Support Guru Batman2372's Avatar

Default More movie than game

I went through the whole game this weekend. The VR missions are kinda cool, I guess...

The thing that bugged me about this was that it seemed like at times that it was more movie than game, especially as you got closer to the end. During one cutscene near the end I kinda fell asleep, and when I snapped to, it was still going! And the whole fighting naked thing... there's just something wrong about fighting with one hand while covering your wedding tackle with the other.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad game. I'm glad I played it BEFORE I got Splinter Cell. But I definitely wouldn't buy it.
    "Who are you?"

"I'm...

MGS: S is an XBox exclusive.... for a short time.....

Kinda like the Matrix game that will be released in 2003 XBox gets it first, then the other consoles get it a month or two later.

Waffle.

Default Re: More movie than game

Originally posted by Batman2372
    I went through the whole game this weekend. The VR missions are kinda cool, I guess...

The thing that bugged me about this was that it seemed like at times that it was more movie than game, especially as you got closer to the end. During one cutscene near the end I kinda fell asleep, and when I snapped to, it was still going! And the whole fighting naked thing... there's just something wrong about fighting with one hand while covering your wedding tackle with the other.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad game. I'm glad I played it BEFORE I got Splinter Cell. But I definitely wouldn't buy it.
    hehe....wasn't it cool when you got those Bogus messeges from the Colonel? that was so funny

PunkBuster Support Guru Batman2372's Avatar

I was going, "what the...." Crazy stuff.
    "Who are you?"

"I'm...

Thread Information