Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ign reviewed Unreal Championship

Smile Ign reviewed Unreal Championship

Any body whos an ign insider please give us the score it got at ign. thanx in advance

Yeah tell me about Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance. Gamespot are Fuc*ing *******s for giving it 8.7
    Games I Need: Fable, Halo 2, Hitman 3, Doom 3, Half Life 2,

i dont really believe gamespot reviews, i usually like taking peoples opinions, but i aslo like the way ign reviews games.

just my $.02

i just found the reviews from another board so here it is:

Presentation
    Lots of text describing arenas and characters and a few movies here and there to convey the "sport" theme, but not much glitz and glamour otherwise. 7.0

Graphics
    Very good considering there's no difference between the look of online and offline games. Occasional stutters in framerate. 8.0

Sound
    Good sound effects from guns, explosions and characters, but annoying game announcing can get to you. 8.0

Gameplay
    Aim. Shoot. Repeat. But it's done well enough in both the single player and online modes that you will not get bored. 9.0

Lasting Appeal
    Enjoyable multiplayer game modes and the potential for downloadable content through Xbox Live will keep you and UC fresh. 10.0

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 9.2

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

The gamespot reviewers are just PS2 fans reviewing all games...they dont give a shyt.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by PublicEnemy2k3
    i just found the reviews from another board so here it is:

Presentation
    Lots of text describing arenas and characters and a few movies here and there to convey the "sport" theme, but not much glitz and glamour otherwise. 7.0

Graphics
    Very good considering there's no difference between the look of online and offline games. Occasional stutters in framerate. 8.0

Sound
    Good sound effects from guns, explosions and characters, but annoying game announcing can get to you. 8.0

Gameplay
    Aim. Shoot. Repeat. But it's done well enough in both the single player and online modes that you will not get bored. 9.0

Lasting Appeal
    Enjoyable multiplayer game modes and the potential for downloadable content through Xbox Live will keep you and UC fresh. 10.0

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 9.2
    Thanks for the info, buddy....

In looking at their scores and what they have to say about each column...I got to thinking that the 7.0 for presentation kinda bugged me. But, who cares about the presentation? Isn't that just the cut scenes before actually playing the game?

I'm also a little concerned about their score in regards to graphics. 8.0? I understand that UC looks identical to the graphical brilliance of Unreal Tournament 2003. If that's the case, then, it definately should be above 8.0...Unreal Tournament 2003 looks sweet!

IM STILL BUYIN!

Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
    IM STILL BUYIN!
    Hell, yeah, dude! I'm all over UC like stink on dung!

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Hell, yeah, dude! I'm all over UC like stink on dung!
    Great! See ya on LIVE this friday! Oh yeah, and check ur PMs.

Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

Great! See ya on LIVE this friday! Oh yeah, and check ur PMs.
    I can't wait! But, unfortunately for me, I won't be able to get on XBL until after 9:00pm PST this Friday... But, I'll be playing late...VERY LATE (or should I say early )

By the way, I responded to your PM

i have this and mechassault preordered

i have this and mechassault preordered
    The more I've been reading about Mechassault, the more I'm becoming interested. But, I think I'm going to rent Mechassault first before I spend the cash...

My hesitation at this point in actually buying it is due to fearing that I'll get smothered by too many good choices in games and not paying enough attention at Unreal Championship which I plan on mastering

what do u guys think of ghost reacon, im getting that too.

Well that is an EXCELLENT score. I might just buy this instead of NHL 2k3. But jeez, I don't know. This is such a hard decision. I love hockey, but UNREAL!!! C'MON!!

*dies*
    Hidden Content "Stack dead actors, stacked to the rafters
    Line up the b*stards all I want is the truth"

i would get both, but if u can get uc first and get a nhl later, sports game prices go down faster than fps games

Gameplay
    Aim shoot and repeat? What F'n Morons........

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

If I could get XBL, this would be a definite buy...

I cant decide between Mechassault and Unreal Championship. Im also gettin XBL and Splinter cell, so I can only pick one.

Originally posted by JJaX

lol i never realized that. that guy is a dumb***

Originally posted by JJaX

why? isn't that the case with all first and third person shooters?? even halo is aim shoot and repeat. whos the F'n moron?

Own:
    Halo, NBA 2K3, NFL 2K3, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Splinter Cell, FIFA World Cup 2002, Tony Hawk 2x, Dead to Rights, Sega GT/JSRF, Two Towers
    Sold:
    Max Payne, Morrowind, NFL Fever 2002, NHL Hitz 2002, Unreal Championship, NBA 2K2, Project Gotham Racing, Enclave, Hunter: The Reckoning, JSFR, Amped
    Want:
    BC, Blinx, Breed, Brute Force, Deus Ex II, Doom III, Fable, Halo 2, Loose Cannon, Mafia, Ninja Gaiden, Perfect Dark 0, Star Wars: KOTOR, Star Wars Jedi Outcast, True Crime, GTA 3x(wishful thining, but I wanna own it). 2003 is gonna be the year of the XBOX!
    Hate:
    Unreal Championship, Project Gotham Racing, NFL Fever, NBA Inside Drive, WWF Raw, JSRF, SSX Tricky, Madden, NBA Live, Enclave, Bruce Lee, Smashing Drive, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Metal Gear Solid Substance, Prisoner of War, more to come...

Thread Information