Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mario on XBOX?

Thumbs up Mario on XBOX?

This isn't exactly XBOX news, but when I caught wind of this rumor I just had to pass it along. Much like Sega, it seems that Nintendo is unable to keep up financially with Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo's top developers like Rare have left Nintendo's camp and headed elsewhere. Considering the state of their current financial position, Nintendo themselves have admitted that it would be more profitable and a better business decesion to become a 3rd party developer. Does this mean that the GameCube will be Nintendo's last system? Will we see Mario on the XBOX or one of Microsoft's future systems? No one knows for sure, but anything is possible. Could you have ever imagined Sonic on a Nintendo system ten years ago? Well, as the past has showed us, anything can and eventually will happen.

http://www.xboxexclusive.com/news.shtml
    Last edited by xboxtito; 11-13-2002 at 01:55 PM.

The Frew-its of the Devil

Nintendo already stated in STONE that they will be making a succesor to GCN. They said there in the games business to stay, and they'll still be making Nintendo systems. Your rumor has just been defunct.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...896491,00.html
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

speculation hippiehippie DOOODOOOO

rumor until it happens. so both yalls sources suck donkeynutz aight?

Ya I thnk they will continue making them
    Hidden Content

All your ATV needs fulfilled here

Default Re: Mario on XBOX?

Originally posted by xboxtito
    This isn't exactly XBOX news, but when I caught wind of this rumor I just had to pass it along. Much like Sega, it seems that Nintendo is unable to keep up financially with Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo's top developers like Rare have left Nintendo's camp and headed elsewhere. Considering the state of their current financial position, Nintendo themselves have admitted that it would be more profitable and a better business decesion to become a 3rd party developer. Does this mean that the GameCube will be Nintendo's last system? Will we see Mario on the XBOX or one of Microsoft's future systems? No one knows for sure, but anything is possible. Could you have ever imagined Sonic on a Nintendo system ten years ago? Well, as the past has showed us, anything can and eventually will happen.

cool mario on x box,i wish they had it on ps2 also!
    PS2 DOES NOT SUCK
    mmmmmmm beer

PS2 is a good system.
    Hidden Content

No...NEVER!

PS2 has its up's and down's just like xbox does
    Hidden Content

This is old "news".
    Hidden Content
    Props for the sweet sig to xbocks.

ya
    Hidden Content

Nintendo allready confirmed that they are in the console business to stay and they are making next GBA and GC whatever those will be then.

Frankly both systems i've come to be bored of. I'm not seeing anything that cool or new out of either.
    PC seems to be today's best gaming machine.
    Unreal 2 is coming, so is breed, condition zero, planetside, raven shield, world of warcraft, doom III, elite force II, vietcong, quake iv, delta force: black hawk down, command and conquer: generals, everquest II, asheron's call II, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, the sims online, star wars galaxies.

There are more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
    Hidden Content Avatar created by Hotshot657.

Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
    Nintendo already stated in STONE that they will be making a succesor to GCN. They said there in the games business to stay, and they'll still be making Nintendo systems. Your rumor has just been defunct.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...896491,00.html
    They kinda have to say that, but it doesn't mean it's true. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Gamecube is their last console.

Not this topic again....

LINKAGE

I really think Mario died a long time ago.

The Frew-its of the Devil

Eat a turd biscut ChickenSHHHH. I provided a link with PROOF. So suck on a dirty diper for a little while, cause you know you gotta keep yourself full of crap!
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

Originally posted by Veno
    Frankly both systems i've come to be bored of. I'm not seeing anything that cool or new out of either.
    PC seems to be today's best gaming machine.
    Unreal 2 is coming, so is breed, condition zero, planetside, raven shield, world of warcraft, doom III, elite force II, vietcong, quake iv, delta force: black hawk down, command and conquer: generals, everquest II, asheron's call II, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, the sims online, star wars galaxies.

There are more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
    You forgot Shadowbane from that list

you're be beating a dead horse
    XBOX MSSC
    Hidden Content
    I'm back...for now...

Great use of metaphor, there..
    I remain non-plussed. I prefer to think of the present, and what games I SHOULD be playing right now, instead of posting.

Default Re: Mario on XBOX?

Originally posted by xboxtito

What you fail to grasp is that although they lost Rare, they had 49% of the company's shares which they sold to Microsoft for A LOT OF MOOOLAH............yes.................They are NOT poor.
    Nuair a chonaic me an capal sios an staihgre, is eagla me.
    XBOX AND GAMECUBE RULE

Thread Information