Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madden or Fever??

Default Madden or Fever??

Yo, waz up fellow xbox fans. I was thinking about getting madden, because fever's gameplay seemed too fast(if thats possible). The Blitz like gameplay...puts me a little on edge. There also seemed as if there was no defence, what so ever. Help me out...
    Itz The FA-BO-LO-US

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Fever is better. WAY better...I've played them both. Fever all the way...out with the old, in with the new

Everyones been throught this a thousand times. Im more into Fever for its better gameplay. Fever was especially made for the Xbox. Madden is not. And the no defense part, what do u mean? that the computers defense isnt good or u cant play defense? If the computer cant, crank it up to all pro or whatever the next level is. Yes Madden is a more slow paced game when compared to Fever, but Fever is just the bomb. But choose what you want, everyones perspective is different. I can only say I would get Fever.

Default Why???

Why is fever so much better? explain...
    Itz The FA-BO-LO-US

Dynasty Mode. How cool is that. You can create a team or pick a team and play with them throughout a 25 year season span. You can move the team if you want. You can trade players and stuff. With your team you can take them to the super bowl and won it all. Your players can win awards such as MVP or Defensive MVP and view your acomplishments in a trophy case. Your players get better when they have good games. Or worse as they do bad. When players retire, they can be inducted into the Hall of Fame after 1 year of retirement. If your player was great to the team, you can retire there Jersey. Have players do well to get them votes into the Pro Bowl. This is just Dynasty mode. Don't forget the aweome gameplay and other fierce competiton with friends. Im starting to get a Fever......

Can u creat-players?? If so...how much detailed is commited to this?
    Itz The FA-BO-LO-US

Yes you can create players and from what i know its the same as everyother. Face, skin color, hair, pads, etc etc. But its pretty much the same as every other games style of create a player

Frostberg

Just get fever, its better!

yeah. what he said

Default I HATE MADDEN! (Wanna Buy It)

My friend who has a PS2 said that Madden was a great game and that I should get it figures someone that buys a PS2 would think that this game is good it sucks its nothing get Fever or if you want Madden mine is slightly used yours for only $44.99! LOL!

Default fever is really amazing

I just got fever, and it is definately superior to any other football game i have ever played...the control alone is the best i have ever seen, i mean, you can just amout control your player's blinking....buy this game!!!
    hmmm...Sarcasm meter...thats a great idea...::beep::beep::beep::beep::bam!!!::

Madden or Fever?!

Forget about that trash and get with the game worth your cash!

NFL2K2! Now that the football sports game to beat. Madden & Fever cant touch Sega Sports 2K series.

BTW, since I already own the Dreamcast 2K2 im just gonna wait to get "NFL 2K3" for Xbox next fall.
    ooooooohhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhh!!

**** THIS IS A BIASED ROOM

between madden and fever i would say MADDEN ALL THE WAY!!

1. football chars in fever are too fat
    2. the sound when u tackle isnt realistic enough (Madden is)
    3. controls are screwed up
    4. play selection is just ***( NOT ENOUGH PLAYS)
    5. Wheres the huddle?
    6. graphics arent as good

so after those cons about fever i have to go with MADDEN

Madden or Fever? It's becoming a famous question.

As someone who has on a quest for the perfect football game for about the last 15 (?) years, ever since the original Tecmo Bowl, I had to buy both of these out of the gate.

I've been a BIG pc Madden fan (online franshise leagues...sweet jesus, is anything beter than that????) for the past couple years, so, when i got the xbox, I had to get both Madden and Fever.

I have to disagree completely with those who come down big time in favor of one or the other. I can't see how anyone could reach that conclusion. BOTH games are EXCELLENT.

Fever wins out in graphics. It took me a little while to get used to the look, but, the graphics really are superior to Madden. Not to dis Madden, because Madden looks pretty **** good on the xbox too, but you can tell Fever was made for the xbox.

However, I give DEPTH to Madden. Madden has too many cool other things you can do than Fever. 2 minute drill, Madden cards, Madden Challenge, to go with your franchise and season modes.

BOTH have excellent gameplay....offense and defense. Both running and passing is excllent with both.

As far as commentary, as annoying as Madden and Summerall are, they are to die for compared to the dopes they have doing Fever.

I have ended up playing Madden alot more than Fever, however, simply or the reason, I do not want to screw myself up by getting used to a different passing model on Fever, and then going to play my online pc MAdden game and end up all mixed up and get my butt whooped by my opponent.

Again, I dont think you can go wrong with either one.

As for my lifelong quest for the perfect football game? I think I might have already played it and never realized it at the time....Super Tecmo Bowl. Ahhh....those were the days!

Default One Madden All the Same

If you've played Madden '93, you've played Madden 2002... Grpahics are better, but the same basic code underneath as there has been since Joe Montana Sports Talk Football stopped being made.

MOSTLY ALL FOOTBALL GAMES ARE THE SAME

is the madden on the pc hard to controll?

"most all football games are the same."

NO!

"is pc Madden 2002 hard to control?"

not if you have some sort of game controller

madden 2002 is tight!!

the graphics, the hits, and the ability to break tackles are tight.

they have training mode to help you up ur level of play and practice. they also have madden cards

when u get 100points on ur profile (very easy to do) u can buy a pack of cards and u can get some cheat cards which u can u use to beat an oponent

trust me!!!! madden 2002 is REALLy in tha game!!!
    E A SPorts...Its In The Game!!

The cheat cards, while cool as an idea, are a terrible use of game space... EA is only putting them in games to try and hook you on their crappy revamped game systems. Madden isn't a terrible game, but it might as well be seeing how the only things that're changed are the graphics... Keep trying EA, maybe someday you'll get it.

-Big Ben

Default Re: One Madden All the Same

Originally posted by Big Ben
    If you've played Madden '93, you've played Madden 2002... Grpahics are better, but the same basic code underneath as there has been since Joe Montana Sports Talk Football stopped being made.
    Now theirs a man that knows what he's talking about!

But the heck with Madden vs. Fever! It's all about Sega Sports NFL2K2. THE BEST D@MN FOOTBALL GAME EVER!

Thread Information