Thread: How to transfer files between 2 boxes?

Default How to transfer files between 2 boxes?

I wonder how i transfer one file from box A to box B with a cross connection cable? (No pc:s , no hubs no routers....of course if you how to with ordinary cables and routers your more then welcome to explain tha for me to)
    What i understand is that i need some sort of FTP program specially made for the xbox? or?

Please let me know

I don't think you can do this, unless you have modded the boxes. However, you could transfer files using memory cards.

P.S. - Welcome to XBA. Enjoy your stay.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

wellwell
    Last edited by Doggen; 11-15-2002 at 09:36 AM.

Uh yea. But that wasn't in you're original question. :P
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

I think u need to transfer it using winroute and an FTP program, but im not an expert on this stuff.

Can't do it without a memory card. That's one way to thwart theiving pirates like yourself.

Hope ya cant either :P
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

mission complete!
    i hereby decleare this thread closed!
    Last edited by Doggen; 11-15-2002 at 09:37 AM.

K, so exactly how did you do it?

Originally posted by Zion
    K, so exactly how did you do it?
    he's lying through his teeth, ain't done it the thieving pirate

Yeah I know. Notice how he has disappeared. What a Loser!

Default funni funni boys

looser ...hehe well i'll jusst cut'n paste the readme file from the program i used and lets so who's the real loosers are in here.....help your self!

------------snip!----------------------

XBox FTP client

This client was mainly made for one reason - xbox to xbox transfers. Somewhere along the road I got offtracked and made it a xbox ftp client instead, since evo-x provide you with a quite ok ftp-server.
    This is one of my very first XBOX programs tho, so don't judge me too hard.

Now... if you loose some files, if harddrives and chipsets break so hard that they pour out flames in my name, and you end up biting your fingers off to get out of the pain - I still won't take any blame for you testing my code.

Yes, code. I know you recieved this as xbox binary, but I never released any binaries . It's developed using the DX8.1 SDK and a registered version of visual studio 6. Then slightly converted and compiled by someone that prefer to remain anonymous.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONTROLS :

up/down on digital pad......................singlestep up/down
    left/right on digital pad...................steps a bunch up/down

A ( green ).................................Change dir ( if on top of a dir )
    X ( blue )..................................select single file/dir
    Y ( yellow )................................select really fast, multiple files/dirs
    b ( red ) or BACK...........................change dir UP ( or .. if you prefer )

START.......................................Main Menu
    LEFT TRIGGER................................local ( left side )
    RIGHT TRIGGER...............................remote ( right side - but only if connected )

WHITE BUTTON................................Transfer selected files/dirs, and then starts the queue
    RIGHT THUMB.................................Add selected files/dirs to queue
    LEFT THUMB..................................Transfer queue

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This program was made possible by these people :
    ------------------------------------------------
    Lantus, being the first xbox developer I ever got in touch with. Great guy and skilled as well. Helped me solve many issues during my training.

RUNTiME, I can't see how this app ever could have been anything without your help.

Tritium, without your XToolBox, I'd have the only ftp-client around - as well as I'd been able to add a lot of hours extra to my list of hours slept - and WAY less hours spendt coding. I've had a great time talking to you, and it has been truly helpful.

My wife, for sticking out with me even tho I'm a geek-to-the-bone programmer. For bringing me caffeine instead of harsh words when I've spendt whole weekend programming. I hope all programmer geeks gets someone like you.

My testers that gave me REAL good feedback (The Mad M) (808) (redworm) (ganjafarm) (f|uke) and the rest of you know who you are Don't have any doubt, I've taken every line of feedback seriously and this is the result of what you told me.

xboxhacker.net crew...."when it's gone, you really notice what it meant for you". I'm happy I talk daily with some of you guys, it's been my pleasure

you, the reader - for being able to actually read this far down without committing suicide nor closing the text window in panic.

- The Joker / Crusaders, TJ_CRS on EFNET.

p.s. In case any Microsoft representative actually reads this - I want to express my disgust to the rules you attempt to make. You actually try to stop the people you once were yourself, and according to late personal sightings - you still want to be that kind of people.

Stop pirates, not hackers. Hackers missions are not to copy games nor to make you loose money. A hacker's mission is to gain knowledge and to adept, to improve the world in their ways by using the skills they can provide. Maybe you should start thinking in a different way - what might they teach you, instead of forcing them to hide some of their knowledge.

You guys are far too important to the world to act like kids.
    --------snip!-------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm Ok, but your still a thieving pirate

anyway what was that kid going on about it's the damn Crusaders that are cracking the games so I don't understand that stupid paragraph at the end about hackers, is he just a bloody fool or what

Default pirate

well i am a thieving pirate, but so are Microsoft and they make more money a minute then you do in a lifetime...so who gives a ****! (now i don't say i think its good to copy/dl games, it tend to destroy the market, if you like a game buy it!...i do.)BUT i aint ****in gonna buy ALL games to prices like 70 dollars a game...yeeah thats the price for all xbox games where i live
    .......so jusst give me a break! , try before you buy..thats what i think

Default Re: pirate

Originally posted by Doggen
    well i am a thieving pirate, but so are Microsoft
    .......so jusst give me a break! , try before you buy..thats what i think
    fare dues, you have your way I have mine
    Question would you buy the original game after you've played the pirated one?

Default Re: funni funni boys

What's a 'looser'?

Originally posted by Doggen
    looser ...hehe well i'll jusst cut'n paste the readme file from the program i used and lets so who's the real loosers are in here.....help your self!

Default Re: Re: funni funni boys

Originally posted by Zion
    What's a 'looser'?

Look in the mirror!

Default lahoseehr

A looser is a person spending their time correcting peoples misspelling on the internet ie. YOU

Hey Doggen can you give me a link to where you downloaded that program??
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

If your transfering a big file or alot of them...you'll need alot of memory cards cause those dont hold hardly anything.

Thread Information